+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Frostkeeper available for Public Beta on PTS Server

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    a 1 sec gcd means very little in terms of impact since the majority of the cast times are 1.5 sec long.
    Not with a 61 BM in the raid

We are currently not actively recruiting, but if you are an exceptional player of any class please find an officer in game for a chat - Guild info is Here

HK 10/11 - iGP (HM) 4/4 - MoM (HM) 9/9 - CoA 6/6 (World 1st NM, 5th HM)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Fss View Post
    What's wrong with a healer having a purge..?
    Maybe someone who want just a pocket heal !
    There are no trouble to have Dps who can CC, Dps, Burst, Purge, Tank, mobility ... but a healer who have a skill to support ... NO WAY !
    Last edited by Comalies; 03-29-2016 at 03:00 AM.

Plane Touched

What's wrong with a healer having a purge..?
    Ask other way. What's the purpose healer having a purge? Is there not enough purge in the game already? AOE purges, double purges, single purges.

I came up with slightly different point allocations but you are not far off --- the big picture atm is how strong the hybrids will be, and how weak either 61 pt specs will be in comparison.
    I think 44 Chloromancer, 32 Frostkeeper is the best hybrid I could come up with.

This is not something I find positive and will be aiming to fix, 61 pt chloro and 61 pt frostkeeper should be desired, in my opinion --- at the moment there really is no need to go 61 frostkeeper,
    The trouble is going to be Chloromancer's soul gift, as it's better than using any other soul.

Then there's every ability in Frostkeeper after 32 points not contributing to the soul rotation, as the min you need is very early on in the soul.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 03-29-2016 at 03:41 AM. Reason: updated spec

Fss

Quote Originally Posted by Comalies View Post
    Maybe someone who want just a pocket heal !
    There are no trouble to have Dps who can CC, Dps, Burst, Purge, Tank, mobility ... but a healer who have a skill to support ... NO WAY !
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokovap View Post
    Ask other way. What's the purpose healer having a purge? Is there not enough purge in the game already? AOE purges, double purges, single purges.
    So all I got from these is that there is nothing wrong and you're complaining for the sake of complaining about something different. Really don't see the problem that suddenly a healer can also have the option to purge instead of gimping raid dps by making people swap to specs with purges instead of not (sham>inquis, sin>mm,)

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    I think 43 Chloromancer, 33 Frostkeeper is the best hybrid I could come up with.
    There is better =D
    Hint: you don't require 3 points into Nature's Corrosion.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.

I join you guys. Casting time abilities a big drawn back in current meta. Especially in pvp. Look at other healers and try to compare to FK. Preserver: fully mobile plus fast-cast cd on 45 sec, running with channel (speed reduction with insole and right mastery is almost nothing), senti/puri: spam healing flare or healing spray/ swap divine to faith reward stacks plus fast-cast cd on senti, defiler fully mobile. Liberator fully mobile, physician can be very mobile with cds but can be fully mobile and run away if needed.

Chloro + FK: stand still and cast? And because for FK the best off-soul is chloro for healing gift, still need to stand front line for chloro veil proc. Or can we ignore veil heals (and hide in the zerg as ALL other healers) but still heal on FK as intended amount? Is veil heals accounted for FK healing?

Please consider less cast-time, or a mastery similar to faith rewarded.

Teleport to ally remove all impairing effects I hope. Or I teleport to someone for escape but I`m still cc-d? Or i cant use teleport at all while cc-d? Spec’ing 8 or 11 into chloro and we lose ride the wind. That is the only reason chloro somehow bearable in pvp.

My imagination about pvp FK:
    A healer who has to stand still and cast in the front line vulnerable to all tab target-er and melee train and has only base break free. Seems fun in pvp right?
    And I realized FK has less HP than chloro. Raid geared chloro close 110K, FK around 93-95K? Is this intended?

Looking forward fine tuning for FK.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Fss

There is better =D
    Since my tooltip for NH is bigger than Rime. And NH now gives Boon stacks. I'm guessing we can spam NH and take Boon of Life to get an instant (not 2s) HT? (and or NT for veil heals)

Quote Originally Posted by Sheo View Post
    And I realized FK has less HP than chloro. Raid geared chloro close 110K, FK around 93-95K? Is this intended?
    The amount of passive self healing and shielding FK has. I don't think it needs high hp like chloro.
    Last edited by Fss; 03-29-2016 at 03:36 AM.

Since my tooltip for NH is bigger than Rime. And NH now gives Boon stacks. I'm guessing we can spam NH and take Boon of Life to get an instant (not 2s) HT? (and or NT for veil heals)

The amount of passive self healing and shielding FK has. I don't think it needs high hp like chloro.

This is how turned chloro into cleric.

I need more time with FK definitely, as I had only 10 min yesterday.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Nope, the hybrid uses veils to heal mostly.

There is better =D
    Forgot they changed Boon of Life.
    So 44 Chloromancer, 32 Frostkeeper should be right?

Well here some macros:
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Burninalways; 03-29-2016 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    Forgot they changed Boon of Life.
    So 44 Chloromancer, 32 Frostkeeper should be right?
    I'm going to pretend those macros are not there ;-) - but no that is not the spec either. I am going to refrain from linking the spec I am using atm as I do not think it is going to remain in its current state, it is quite strong w/ veil heals.

When things become more finalized I'll put something together.

Edit - there are some strong hybrids avail for AoE healing. One strong for shield based healing. One strong for pure veil ST healing. Double brez can never lose its value either. Lots of options out there for hybrids. As I said tho, some things are working a little *too* well, so I am going to refrain from linking exact builds right now.
    Last edited by Deeew; 03-29-2016 at 04:11 AM.

Soulwalker

Seems decent enough at first glance. But without having tooled around with it for too long a couple things I noticed:

- Feels a little clunky with the cast time of Earthen Renewal. Using a damage spell with a 1.5 cast to reduce ER's cast by 1 sec is a net loss and you aren't healing with that damage spell too. Maybe we could get Rime to work with the talent Infridgidate? Or all heals to reduce ER's cast time and have a Faith's Reward type mechanic attached to it?
    (that is, the cast time reduction would stack)

- Haven't tested it much but I'm worried Frost keepers might be too weak outside of healing barrier targets. Can anyone attest to this? Barrier swapping will be the "go to" method? (Numbers aren't tuned precisely)

- Not many interesting charge consuming abilites. Maybe rework Infuse Magic to have no cooldown and reduce its output (toggle-able?)

- No AoE cleanse. Might be intended by Frostkeeper's having a purge and st cleanse that remove more than one buff

- No real "snap" aoe heal. Not saying every ST healer needs a flame of life. But Transcendent Abjuration and Frozen Wind seem weak in that regard. Makes 61 FK look a little weak. (Not sure, but maybe Preserver is in the same boat?)

- Eternal Preservation is a neat idea. Not sure how it will work in practice though.

- Not sure if Bitter Gust is working right. I really like the idea but I tried pulling someone up and they just kinda hopped where they were. Pulling people up to codex and such would be fun.

- Lackluster Masteries. Still early in development so could easily be added.

All in all it looks like a really fun heal spec that will serve a neat little place with barriers. Just hoping for a few mechanical tweaks to rough out the edges. That's what this time on PTS is for after all!
    Last edited by The Original Neylo; 03-29-2016 at 04:26 AM.

Fss

I am going to refrain from linking the spec I am using atm as I do not think it is going to remain in its current state, it is quite strong w/ veil heals.

As I said tho, some things are working a little *too* well, so I am going to refrain from linking exact builds right now.
    oh great, all exclusive, knowing, and whatever Deew. What's up with Living Energy overwriting Ground Zero - aka - not being able to have both up.

oh great, all exclusive, knowing, and whatever Deew. What's up with Living Energy overwriting Ground Zero - aka - not being able to have both up.
    It is called Ground Zero being tagged with the incorrect stack group =D

Reported it to Redhawk already, waiting for it to get fixed =D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast