+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 310
Like Tree37Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Frostkeeper available for Public Beta on PTS Server

  1. #16
    RIFT Guide Writer Deeew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteDonkies View Post
    The three barrier mechanic is nearly identical in functionality to Divine Favor.
    That is a very weak observation of how the barriers work, how they interact together, and how they provide healing output for the Frostkeeper. May as well compared the barriers to Defiler links, as they are equally comparable to links as they are to divine favor
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

  2. #17
    Plane Touched ConcreteDonkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    That is a very weak observation of how the barriers work, how they interact together, and how they provide healing output for the Frostkeeper. May as well compared the barriers to Defiler links, as they are equally comparable to links as they are to divine favor
    I actually agree with you in the sense that mitigation, healing, and absorbs are all just different facets of keeping people from dying. Honestly, I had considered comparing it to Defiler links, but marginally opted for Divine Favor. But the role they play and they way they do it is about the same all around. You put buffs on people who are at the greatest risk of dying and just sorta forget about them.
    Starfall Prophecy? More like Overall Amount of Content Fall Prophecy.

  3. #18
    Telaran Gastby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    99

    Default

    I am not just keen to 61 FK spec so I am thinking about hybrids

    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y15...0329112503.png

    what you guys think of this one?

    Gastby@Laethys Guild Info & Live Stream & Guild Promotion Video
    “Hold our hands ,we are not alone”

  4. #19
    RIFT Guide Writer Deeew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteDonkies View Post
    I actually agree with you in the sense that mitigation, healing, and absorbs are all just different facets of keeping people from dying. Honestly, I had considered comparing it to Defiler links, but marginally opted for Divine Favor. But the role they play and they way they do it is about the same all around. You put buffs on people who are at the greatest risk of dying and just sorta forget about them.
    except you are missing a key piece of the core healing of frostkeeper, in the way to use your barriers, and to heal 2 targets at once........vastly different than how DF operates.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

  5. #20
    RIFT Guide Writer Deeew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gastby View Post
    I am not just keen to 61 FK spec so I am thinking about hybrids

    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y15...0329112503.png

    what you guys think of this one?
    I came up with slightly different point allocations but you are not far off --- the big picture atm is how strong the hybrids will be, and how weak either 61 pt specs will be in comparison. This is not something I find positive and will be aiming to fix, 61 pt chloro and 61 pt frostkeeper should be desired, in my opinion --- at the moment there really is no need to go 61 frostkeeper, been like this for a little bit, and I am providing feedback to Redhawk to attempt to remove the hybrid's glory......
    I think the hybrid could be a great answer to having strong st and strong aoe healing, similar to a Sentwarden build used to be; However I want 61 frostkeeper to have its place in the healing meta.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

  6. #21
    Fss
    Fss is offline
    Telaran Fss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    However I want 61 frostkeeper to have its place in the healing meta.
    give it op 61 point spell.

  7. #22
    Shield of Telara Wilkoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    Arcane Potency - Tier 1 - 5 Points
    Increases your Spellpower by 2/4/6/8/10%

    Glaciate - Tier 3 - 3 Points
    Your damage on Frosted targets is increased by 5/10/15%.

    0 Points: Hail Blast - Cast time 1.5s - Gives 15 Charge
    Deals 7072 to 7072 Water damage. Counts as a Primary Blot. Enemies struck by Hail Blast will gain Frosted for 6s, lowering their movement speed by 10%.
    That all smacks of a new BiS Harbinger ST DPS build. Either 61/13/2, 61/11/4, or maybe something crazy like 51/12/13.


    We are currently actively recruiting, if you are an exceptional player of any class please find an officer in game for a chat - Guild info is Here

    CoA 6/6 (World 1st NM, 5th HM) - iROTP 4/4 (EU 1st Non-cheese kill!)

  8. #23
    Fss
    Fss is offline
    Telaran Fss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    64

    Default

    6s isn't that long though. rng can be cruel.

    //

    Also @Red Hawk

    There's no masteries that interact to FK spells/talents and specifically no level 64 mastery that does anything for the spec at all. Since it's all healing and they're all dps talents.
    Can I suggest:
    Arcane Finesse - Infrigidate now stacks to 3 additional Earthen Renewals.
    OR.
    Arcane Finesse - Frosted duration increased by 4s.

    Basically put whatever mastery you come up with on Arcane Finesse please. It has no use at all right all.

    //

    Natural Awareness

    Earthmending: Yes
    Telluric Burst: Yes
    Earthen Renewal: No
    Frozen Wind: No
    Infuse Magic: No
    Rime: No
    Transcendent Abjuration: No
    Eternal Preservation: No

    Frostkeeper's Armour: Yes - On application
    Frost Barrier: Yes - On application
    Ground Zero: No
    Earthen Barrier: No
    Crystal Barrier: No

    Sacrificing a little animation lag every 5s you can have perma NA if you macro Frost Barrier to go off on cd. Since it's cd is 5 and NA is 6s. Mana shouldn't become a problem since with a good crit rate I don't think this soul can even mana starve.
    Last edited by Fss; 03-29-2016 at 02:29 AM.

  9. #24
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    76

    Default

    -Soul is very nice for pvp.
    -Just there is missing healing mecanic like " faith reward", because heal are long cast
    and main bolt its a cast an reduce only 1s.
    -low healing on purge


    -healing is low maybe passif 1.25% and others dont work
    -Frost barrier h as buff 5s no gcd for 5s ... so you can perma use it like a no gcd heal with another spell. .
    -Same Barrier can stack i suppose its a bug
    -Will be hard to balanced, because this soul has an GTAE snare, 3 purges off/def, grapple mecanic


    i like 51 Frost too
    Last edited by Comalies; 03-29-2016 at 01:59 AM.

  10. #25
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Systemdude View Post
    I rly dont like the playstyle you have the choice of spamming a 1,5sec cast or a 1,5dmgspell + 1sec heal spell (proc doesnt work) thats rly boring(1,5er gcd much dislike) . Additional you got some instants. The root of the spells rly have to change otherwise there is no point to go more then 41 points in fk cause every spell higher in the tree is just completly useless. Right now you will go something around 30 in chloro and 41 fk and playing basicly tankheal chloro with some bonus instants + the barriers. And at this point there are only 2 solutions keep it that way and go the way of physcian (only viable cause of core) or create a new dead spec(for highend pve)
    I second this. Casting, casting and casting. Not healthy in pvp. Level 64 mastery should be cast time decreasing one. As pointed out in previous comment, there's no mastery related directly to FK.

    I did not have enough time to look every single ability, but is there no aoe cleanse? Purge seems unnecessary in a healer spec, it will be mandatory for raiding, furthermore teleporting ability animations seems clumsy. Do I interrupt my target due animation? It is interesting mechanic, pull an ally and teleport to ally, but imho doesn't belong to a healer. Rage tells incoming. And I dislike aoe freeze too.

    I would prefer a high level ability what would reduce GCD to 1 sec, in this way maybe 61 FK would be more appealing if this is the main goal. But why we cant have viable hybrids? As chlorolock or chlorodom in vanilla?

  11. #26
    RIFT Guide Writer Deeew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kokovap View Post

    I would prefer a high level ability what would reduce GCD to 1 sec, in this way maybe 61 FK would be more appealing if this is the main goal. But why we cant have viable hybrids? As chlorolock or chlorodom in vanilla?
    With the hybrid u can get 1 sec gcd, but outside of cleansing and weaving in the occasional bloom/HoT/Flourish, a 1 sec gcd means very little in terms of impact since the majority of the cast times are 1.5 sec long.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

  12. #27
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kokovap View Post
    I second this. Casting, casting and casting. Not healthy in pvp. Level 64 mastery should be cast time decreasing one. As pointed out in previous comment, there's no mastery related directly to FK.

    I did not have enough time to look every single ability, but is there no aoe cleanse? Purge seems unnecessary in a healer spec, it will be mandatory for raiding, furthermore teleporting ability animations seems clumsy. Do I interrupt my target due animation? It is interesting mechanic, pull an ally and teleport to ally, but imho doesn't belong to a healer. Rage tells incoming. And I dislike aoe freeze too.

    I would prefer a high level ability what would reduce GCD to 1 sec, in this way maybe 61 FK would be more appealing if this is the main goal. But why we cant have viable hybrids? As chlorolock or chlorodom in vanilla?
    My dreams :
    Rework Immune, and play premade 5 mates on CQ against more ...
    You have grapple, GTAE snare, Tp to replace...
    Purge 3 it's op to break Defiler, nice for 5vs !
    Last edited by Comalies; 03-29-2016 at 02:43 AM.

  13. #28
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    With the hybrid u can get 1 sec gcd, but outside of cleansing and weaving in the occasional bloom/HoT/Flourish, a 1 sec gcd means very little in terms of impact since the majority of the cast times are 1.5 sec long.
    That's why I suggest less casting and more instants. (I mean these two suggestions together: more instants and 1 sec GCD. Like Spark in pyro)

  14. #29
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Comalies View Post
    My dreams :
    Rework Immune, and play premade 5 mates on CQ against more ...
    You have grapple, GTAE snare ...
    Purge 3 it's op to break Defiler !
    Bring a warrior and a rogue? Healers not for purge and snare but for healing/shielding.

  15. #30
    Fss
    Fss is offline
    Telaran Fss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    64

    Default

    What's wrong with a healer having a purge..?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts