+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Chloromancer and Warlock changes on PTS.

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #61
    Rift Team

A Chloro post will be coming tomorrow or Monday, depending on when I can get the Living Aegis proc working the way I want it to work. Sorry for the wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    A Chloro post will be coming tomorrow or Monday, depending on when I can get the Living Aegis proc working the way I want it to work. Sorry for the wait!
    Thank you finally
    I just can hope we want the same way for living aegis.
    I die to waiting
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Ascendant

If you are looking to make positive changes for the Chloro, here's an idea: fix Natural Convesion so that it has a wider range of usefulness? At its current state, it is useful for predictable 'scripts', such as well-known dungeons/raids and dueling. Outside of that, however, it is a rather underwhelming, hit-or-miss CD that doesn't even make it onto my toolbar.

Rather than have it do 200% damage-to-healing conversion on a single ability, have it do 200% conversion on all damage dealt by the hostile target or received by the allied target over the next 3 seconds, for a maximum healing capacity of 'xxxx'.

This would make the spell useful outside of situations in which their is a single hostile heavy-hitter, and would become a useful emergency tool for both Conquest and Warfronts.

Ascendant

Another suggestion. Adjust Convalesce to the following:

Nature's Cleansing and Nature's Rush have a 33%/66%/100% chance to heal allies they cleanse for 6% of the caster's total health, as well as to reduce the cooldown of Bloom and Resurgence by 1 second.

As far as I can tell, this would be a great aid to Chloros being chased down by hostile DPS in PvP situations, but would not have a large impact on the Chloro's performance in other content.

As it currently stands, the best way to survive encounters with opposing (competent) DPS in warfronts is to flee (and get out of range and/or out of line of sight) from their attacker while spamming self heals. Once the big three CDs - Essence Surge, Phantom Stream, Living Shell - all that is left is Bloom, Resurgence, and Nature's Cleansing.

Whether my big CDs have been spent on myself or an ally, quite often you will see me fleeing the scene at top speed spamming Bloom, Resurgence, NC, NC, NC, NC, NC, NC, NC, NC, Bloom... etc (including Healing Torrent in there if I deem it safe to stop or deem it unlikely to be interrupted). This change would reduce the amount of NCs until Bloom is once again ready to 5, rather than 8.

Make the reduction 1.25 or 1.5 second to the CD of Bloom/Resurgence per castiung of CR/NC, and the amount of NCs cast before Bloom becomes once again available is reduced to 4, rather than 8.

Such a change would add significantly to the Chloro's ability to sustain themselves in Warfronts, without having an imbalancing impact in other aspects of the game.
    Last edited by Nefelia; 03-23-2016 at 08:49 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Any chance we could get Frostkeeper and chloro changes before Easter ?
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Fss

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    Any chance we could get Frostkeeper and chloro changes before Easter ?
    If Red Hawk can't even make a chloro post when he alludes to when he will. I'ma say no.

Suggestion for pvp

Since chloro is so bad at self healing. You could add some cc spells (like instant rooting and/or castime banish). So he can at least better run away. Atm when he encounters a geared mele there is no way to get away even with running you die in less than 20 sec.

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #68
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Fss View Post
    If Red Hawk can't even make a chloro post when he alludes to when he will. I'ma say no.
    Still coming. My engineering with Living Aegis is giving me some problems. I guess I will try to be cagier about timelines in the future, sorry for saying I'd have something on Monday. Thought I would, but it just didn't work out yet.

In The Future™ - how bout that?

Prophet of Telara

Still coming. My engineering with Living Aegis is giving me some problems. I guess I will try to be cagier about timelines in the future, sorry for saying I'd have something on Monday. Thought I would, but it just didn't work out yet.

In The Future™ - how bout that?
    I think that everyone wants to know if it`s gonna work with veil heals.
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    I think that everyone wants to know if it`s gonna work with veil heals.
    Yep, we wait too long to be sure about if our most beloved soul will be destroyed or not with this decision.
    A few words could make wonder: is this will proc from veil heals or casted heals? This is like day and night difference.

For attention of red hawk: none of the chloros want an ability what is promote direct heals!
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Fss

Quote Originally Posted by Sheo View Post
    Yep, we wait too long to be sure about if our most beloved soul will be destroyed or not with this decision.
    A few words could make wonder: is this will proc from veil heals or casted heals? This is like day and night difference.
    Wouldn't say destroyed. It'll literally play the same in raid. and if it doesn't proc of veil it'll be an unnoticeable change in pvp - if it does, means chloro will finally (on a % rng) have a targeted instant spam heal. And some more mobility while raid healing.

It's more "is this going to be a noticeable change or not"
    Last edited by Fss; 03-25-2016 at 05:39 AM.

Rift Disciple

i wouldnt expect anything specific before we are able to test the new healer. It will probably offer some change in the secondary souls for chloro improving its healing in general.
    Aloyra- -Mage- -Last Dawn- 9/9 + 2/2 HM | CoA 4/4 Hm + 2/2

Fss

Still coming. My engineering with Living Aegis is giving me some problems..
    Perhaps Living Aegis should just buff/alter NH to be instant all the time, no proc.
    And don't worry about instant VS. Compromise.
    Last edited by Fss; 03-29-2016 at 08:09 AM.

Ascendant

Earthen Rapport - Tier 6 - 2 Points
    Healing an ally heals you for 15/30% of the triggering heal as well. Shielding an ally shields you for 50/100% of your Spellpower for 6 seconds as well.
    Oh look, a solution to the Chloro's self-heal issues... located deep in the tree of a different soul entirely. Now I am very sad.

Edit: Lower Earthen Raport down to Tier 5. Introduce a spell withing the first 20 points of the root that can replace 'Ride the Wind' for Chloro's and ST-healing Chloros will have the bulk of their self-healing issues mitigated to the point that it will be manageable. 54/22/0 Chloro/Frostkeeper/Whatever will be the new go-to spec for ST-healing Chloros in PvP.

Better yet for Trion, a lot of PvP Chloros will be very much tempted to but the new soul pack. $$$
    Last edited by Nefelia; 03-30-2016 at 03:28 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Void Life back to 51 point

I guess it was changed to weaken chloro/fk hybrids ?
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast