+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Harb macro that combines slashes with lightning strike to consume eldritch procs?

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    94

    Default Harb macro that combines slashes with lightning strike to consume eldritch procs?

    I am still new to macros and was just wondering if it possible to have one macro with both rending slash and lightning strike or vile spores with the eldritch procs?
    Like :
    #show lightning strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast rending slash
    cast lightning strike
    cast vorpal slash
    cast lightning strike

    Etc

    ? And just constantly move around so if the eldritch doesn't proc you continue to do slashes?
    Last edited by Hp1harry; 12-23-2015 at 08:55 PM.

  2. #2
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    486

    Default

    Sure that'll work if you kept running around but that's pretty stupid.

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Why is it stupid? I always forget the eldritch procs otherwise

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hp1harry View Post
    Why is it stupid? I always forget the eldritch procs otherwise
    Then practice that instead of trying to shortcut a macro that doesn't even work in the first place.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser Zokot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    346

    Default

    #show lightning strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast lightning strike
    cast vorpal slash
    cast rending slash

    This is how you'd want it, but I'd really recommend learning to properly use your procs.

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser ChamberDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hp1harry View Post
    I am still new to macros and was just wondering if it possible to have one macro with both rending slash and lightning strike or vile spores with the eldritch procs?
    Like :
    #show lightning strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast rending slash
    cast lightning strike
    cast vorpal slash
    cast lightning strike

    Etc

    ? And just constantly move around so if the eldritch doesn't proc you continue to do slashes?
    The main reason "Rending Slash" was in the macro from before, is because during an Eldritch Gift proc, it also recieved a 0.5 global cooldown, so you always wanted to use it first. That is not the case now, so that is why you wouldn't want rending slash before your actual ability procs as far as priority goes.

    If you are having trouble remembering your Eldritch Gift procs, one thing you can do is hit ESC, go to edit layout. Left click your "Reactive Abilities" window and go to the sizing slider. Make it 2 or 3 times its regular size, and then move it to the left or right of your character or somewhere where you can see it very clearly. Also put your proc macro on n Action Bar key that is easily accessible (Like 2, or 3).

    While your macro would work, it presents the opportunity for you to accidentally hard cast stuff in that macro, which would be really bad for your dps. Also, from a min/max perspective, you want to have an idea of when you used your eldritch proc, so that you can track its internal cooldown.

    Hope that helps.
    Are you a player looking for class guides and other Rift content?
    ChamberDown Youtube Channel

    Are you a new/returning player? Check out all the souls in Rift!
    All Callings/Souls in Rift!

  7. #7
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChamberDown View Post
    The main reason "Rending Slash" was in the macro from before, is because during an Eldritch Gift proc, it also recieved a 0.5 global cooldown, so you always wanted to use it first. That is not the case now, so that is why you wouldn't want rending slash before your actual ability procs as far as priority goes.
    Nope. It was vorpal slash that used to have a cast time that got reduced to 0 by tree talents, so had the 0.5s GCD when used with the proc. The macro the OP wrote won't work because rending slash (no CD ability) is at the top so will always fire in melee, making the "correct" macro to do what they wanted this one:

    Quote Originally Posted by Zokot View Post
    #show lightning strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast lightning strike
    cast vorpal slash
    cast rending slash
    I'd also like to echo the others in saying that using them properly is a better idea.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser ChamberDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    Nope. It was vorpal slash that used to have a cast time that got reduced to 0 by tree talents, so had the 0.5s GCD when used with the proc. The macro the OP wrote won't work because rending slash (no CD ability) is at the top so will always fire in melee, making the "correct" macro to do what they wanted this one:
    .
    You are absolutely correct. I assumed he used a macro copied from one of the older guides that still had Vorpal in the top. I mixed the skills in my head and didn't even give it a second look, my mistake. Either way, I will agree that using the Eldritch Gift proc correctly is going to be ideal.
    Are you a player looking for class guides and other Rift content?
    ChamberDown Youtube Channel

    Are you a new/returning player? Check out all the souls in Rift!
    All Callings/Souls in Rift!

  9. #9
    Phs
    Phs is offline
    Shield of Telara Phs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    744

    Default

    Guys are thinking too small:

    #show Vorpal Slash
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [notactive] Charged Blade
    cast Empyrean Ascension
    cast @gtae Hailstorm
    cast Storm Shroud
    cast Vorpal Slash
    cast Ethereal Blast
    cast Lightning Strike
    cast Storm's Fury
    cast Crystalline Missiles
    cast Piercing Beam
    cast Rending Slash
    cast @self Arcane Manipulation
    cast Ethereal Flux
    cast Thunder Shock
    cast Vengeful Shock
    cast Introspection
    yell BiS Macro
    cast Conditioned Response
    cast Phantom Blades
    cast Essence of Wind

    and here's a version for aoe/ cleaving

    #show Vorpal Slash
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [notactive] Charged Blade
    cast Empyrean Ascension
    cast @gtae Hailstorm
    cast Storm Shroud
    cast Vorpal Slash
    cast Ethereal Blast
    cast Lightning Strike
    cast Storm's Fury
    cast Forked Lightning
    cast Piercing Beam
    cast Lucent Slash
    cast @self Arcane Manipulation
    cast Ethereal Flux
    cast Thunder Shock
    cast Vengeful Shock
    cast Introspection
    yell BiS ae Macro
    cast Conditioned Response
    cast Essence of Wind

    You're welcome guys.
    Last edited by Phs; 12-24-2015 at 06:27 PM.

  10. #10
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    888

    Default

    Surely forgetting piercing beam altogether is worthwhile?
    And maybe some tempest winds?
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

  11. #11
    Phs
    Phs is offline
    Shield of Telara Phs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    744

    Default

    Tempest Winds is too advanced.

  12. #12
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    888

    Default

    I guess it interrupts if you just mash one button...
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

  13. #13
    RIFT Guide Writer Deeew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phs View Post
    Tempest Winds is too advanced.
    Two ticks?
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

  14. #14
    RIFT Guide Writer Hababa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phs View Post
    Guys are thinking too small:

    #show Vorpal Slash
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [notactive] Charged Blade
    cast Empyrean Ascension
    cast @gtae Hailstorm
    cast Storm Shroud
    cast Vorpal Slash
    cast Ethereal Blast
    cast Lightning Strike
    cast Storm's Fury
    cast Crystalline Missiles
    cast Piercing Beam
    cast Rending Slash
    cast @self Arcane Manipulation
    cast Ethereal Flux
    cast Thunder Shock
    cast Vengeful Shock
    cast Introspection
    yell BiS Macro
    cast Conditioned Response
    cast Phantom Blades
    cast Essence of Wind

    and here's a version for aoe/ cleaving

    #show Vorpal Slash
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [notactive] Charged Blade
    cast Empyrean Ascension
    cast @gtae Hailstorm
    cast Storm Shroud
    cast Vorpal Slash
    cast Ethereal Blast
    cast Lightning Strike
    cast Storm's Fury
    cast Forked Lightning
    cast Piercing Beam
    cast Lucent Slash
    cast @self Arcane Manipulation
    cast Ethereal Flux
    cast Thunder Shock
    cast Vengeful Shock
    cast Introspection
    yell BiS ae Macro
    cast Conditioned Response
    cast Essence of Wind

    You're welcome guys.
    This is a masterpiece.
    Kerghann@Zaviel
    #1 Ninja puller/quitter #1 Flaring Powah User
    Who even knows/9 MoM
    YouTube Channel!

  15. #15
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Guess a lot of people wanting Rift macro system to be "improved" to be more inline with "Cast Sequence" that wow used to have.

    You know everyone and their mom can just copy and paste 2 buttons and do perfect rotation that takes less coordination than Reaver to play.

    Sure rift's macro system may seem to be a bit primitive comparing to today's standard, but it might not be such a bad thing.

    It will always be better to learn your specs and understand when and why you should do what... the days where harbinger was challenging are long dead, harbinger is extremely faceroll nowadays very little skill is left in the spec, put in sometime and learn how the spec works will be much much more beneficial than just spamming macros and let the game to do your rotation for you.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 12-25-2015 at 05:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts