+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: Regarding Harbinger 3.3.

Default Regarding Harbinger 3.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk
    3.) I recognize that Harb may need additional burst, and I would probably fulfill that need on EA IF live data agrees that the need exists.
    How much data is needed?

I can stream, record videos, take screenshots, show parses, combat logs... hell I'll even duo queue and play Harbinger with any of the Devs just to give you guys all the data you want!
    I'll give you all the data you want!!! All of it!!!
    Please just please!!!!!! Give Harbinger the burst a melee should have in PvP for the love of all that is Planar!!!

I'm at the point where I even decided to use Ianto's signature to show how disappointed I am.
    Last edited by Snap; 07-15-2015 at 04:44 PM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

It seems Red Hawk isn't interested in what we have to say (not that we didn't get that sense throughout the 117 pages). He closed his thread and deleted the thread I made for further discussion.

Good luck, though.
    Abhor@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Abhor748 View Post
    It seems Red Hawk isn't interested in what we have to say (not that we didn't get that sense throughout the 117 pages). He closed his thread and deleted the thread I made for further discussion.

Good luck, though.
    Yup, it's gone. I think we mentioned that we needed PVP viability on our mage spec somewhere in the 117 pages of posts.
    Last edited by detpack; 07-15-2015 at 05:06 PM.

I don't care!
    I'll do everything I can even if it means I have to go through all the most painful warfronts in the world playing every single possible spec possible with Harbinger as a soul just to see Harbinger get the burst it deserve!

Regarding Harbinger 3.3.-emma-stone.gifRegarding Harbinger 3.3.-temper-tantrum.gif
    Regarding Harbinger 3.3.-lion-king.gif

Not that it would matter, but you could make a video such as this comparing the souls burst potential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSJ4FivgNnQ
    Open World PVP !
    Seastone = Beststone ! Seastone + YOU = Good Times !

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Head View Post
    Not that it would matter, but you could make a video such as this comparing the souls burst potential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSJ4FivgNnQ
    I could easily make a video in warfront comparing the burst of all the melee specs in the game.

What we would see is: Harbinger got the lowest possible burst of all melee specs by more than a mile! (Not sure about Riftblade and I don't count Bladedancer because it's more AoE oriented than full on single target)

My mage is my most gear character and yet, it's the one with the least burst of all when comparing melee specs.
    And that was BEFORE the patch.
    AFTER the patch, the burst is EVEN LOWER because of the removal of Phase Step damage. There is absolutely NOTHING in Harbinger providing us with any kind of burst.
    Right now, the burst is simply Non-existent!
    Last edited by Snap; 07-15-2015 at 05:18 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    AFTER the patch, the burst is EVEN LOWER because of the removal of Phase Step damage. There is absolutely NOTHING in Harbinger providing us with any kind of burst.
    Right now, the burst is simply Non-existent!
    Just hardcast a VS to a Hailstorm! /s

Remember the volume of "data" it required to get a tiny buff to Pyro? I wouldn't hold your breath. We already have one viable (who cares that it's inferior?) spec so I'm sure there's no pressing need for us to have another. Actually I think Red Hawk will be surprised to learn this game has PvP. Hitherto there's been no evidence that he possesses such knowledge.

Soulwalker

What if I told you they balance the game around PVE. To even try to balance a game around PVP is hard. Trying to balance a class in PVP in a PVE game is almost impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Varrak View Post
    What if I told you they balance the game around PVE.
    what if i told you that balancing a melee spec around a ground target ability doesn't make one bit of sense for pvp or pve?
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

What if I told you they balance the game around PVE. To even try to balance a game around PVP is hard. Trying to balance a class in PVP in a PVE game is almost impossible.
    So what?

If we all think this way, they are never going to pay any attention to balancing PvP.
    I'd rather try to do something about it than bending over and taking it up the... without a word.

When I agree to all posts snap does in a thread, you know something's wrong.
    Melee needs burst because of the disconnects, and right now we have 0 burst and 0 encouragement to go 61 harb.
    We need to come up with a solution that keeps the overall dps 54 harb/sc/chloro does, and at the same time makes Empyrean ascension desireable for burst.
    This can be achieved by slightly nerfing some of the skills that got buffed and either giving them a big buff with EA, EA greatly buffing weapon damage (poison malice) or add some additional mechanic or skill during EA that modifies the rotation (Example: Wavelength from tempest).

Right now we have no burst and no additional mechanic aside from Eldritch gift. And the way the skills were reworked made harb a 1 button spam.

When we asked for a change to EA it was because we wanted something more complex than spamming another macro, not avoiding spamming that macro because of lazyness.
    Illuyanka@Greybriar-Mage
    Ixxtab@Greybriar-Rogue
    Mets@Greybriar-Cleric
    Antaikolon@Greybriar-Warrior
    CODE FOR FREE STUFF FOR NEWBIES: PRR9NF2PG2NXQ77KDDJQ

Quote Originally Posted by Illuyanka View Post
    When I agree to all posts snap does in a thread, you know something's wrong.
    Melee needs burst because of the disconnects, and right now we have 0 burst and 0 encouragement to go 61 harb.
    We need to come up with a solution that keeps the overall dps 54 harb/sc/chloro does, and at the same time makes Empyrean ascension desireable for burst.
    This can be achieved by slightly nerfing some of the skills that got buffed and either giving them a big buff with EA, EA greatly buffing weapon damage (poison malice) or add some additional mechanic or skill during EA that modifies the rotation (Example: Wavelength from tempest).

Right now we have no burst and no additional mechanic aside from Eldritch gift. And the way the skills were reworked made harb a 1 button spam.

When we asked for a change to EA it was because we wanted something more complex than spamming another macro, not avoiding spamming that macro because of lazyness.
    Yes but disconnects are less an issue, between phantom blades and phase step.

What if I told you balancing pve was a simple numbers game.

What if I told you that balancing the game for pvp first would be the better approach.

What if I told you balancing the game for pvp would include giving a soul the tools needed to execute meaningful damage in a timely manner.

What if I told you that people who pvp also spend money in this game and that the dollars they spend are equally as important as the pve players dollar.

We can dream anyway.

https://youtu.be/yyfNHlqymP8?t=205
    Open World PVP !
    Seastone = Beststone ! Seastone + YOU = Good Times !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast