+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [BUG] Chloro Crystal Bugs

Default [BUG] Chloro Crystal Bugs

In the thread, Chloro Question for Chloros. The posters were reviewing some of their videos and discovered a bug that is causing the healing crystal to heal the wrong target. I thought this deserved to be in the Mage forum highlighting the Bug.

Link to Thread

Besides that fact that trinket and weapon procs are largely floating PVP Chloro heals today, this bug is contributing to more unintended fluff heals than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    Lol, now I'm starting to feel bad for having raised the issue in the first place.

I will tell you what I will do: I will test this myself once or twice to confirm, and then play as I have always played: Synth whoever needs it without needless Synth switching. I am aware of the bug, but need not actively abuse it in order to succeed.

I'm leaving for a vacation (absolutely no Rift for me for 11 or so days) in 36 hours or so anyway, so maybe the bug will have been addressed by the time I return to Rift.

Trion: fix the bug or make it an official feature, and then address Chloro self-healing (adopt Snaps' sensible ideas on the issue). Thx.
    I agree with Nefelia that this should be fixed and that the sensible ideas from the Chloro PVP revamp thread be followed out.

Thanks!
    Last edited by detpack; 07-02-2015 at 02:30 PM.

Sword of Telara

The savant crystal is also bugged in that it applies the full 2k to all LBV healing even in PvP.

Fixing THAT one will probably make chloro unplayable though.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    The savant crystal is also bugged in that it applies the full 2k to all LBV healing even in PvP.

Fixing THAT one will probably make chloro unplayable though.
    I believe the Devs are smart enough to do something about that.

Sword of Telara

It would make more sense if most of chloro healing actually scaled with SP, lol.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by detpack View Post
    They haven't done anything about Reaver for the past 6 months.

And honestly, fixing the Reaver destroying PvP balance is way more important than fixing crystal bug.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Sword of Telara

This is still happening.

I still can't play chloro in PvP thanks to the fact I know it's glitches which were keeping me afloat beforehand. At least getting the swap bug fixed would be great.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

This is still happening.

I still can't play chloro in PvP thanks to the fact I know it's glitches which were keeping me afloat beforehand. At least getting the swap bug fixed would be great.
    You can't play chloro in PvP because its bugged and you felt you were getting an unfair advantage? Orrr you just didn't like knowing that the bugs were what was making you compete with others? But...if you are competing with other healers, regardless of the bugs, why not just roll with it?

I ****in love chloro in pvp right now T.T
    Krakensensei: Lvl: 65 Mage
    Jackdaws:Lvl: 65 Rogue
    Sirsurgeon:Lvl: 65 Cleric
    Booze Cruise of Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheKrakens View Post
    I ****in love chloro in pvp right now T.T
    The only reason I still Chloro in PvP is because I love the spec so much.

But honestly, right now I feel almost as cheap (emphasis on the almost) as a Reaver because of that Synth Swap crystal bug.

At the same time, I don't even feel bad about it because what the hell can I play other than Chloro?
    Pyro is trash in this meta.
    Dominator is even more cancerous than Reaver.
    Every single other specs are utterly worthless in PvP.

Harbinger just got buffed and it feels like it is in a worse state than it was before the patch in PvP!!! How is that even possible?

I thought mage had reached the bottom of the barrel, but now I know there was a double bottom to that barrel... hell there is probably a triple bottom.
    Last edited by Snap; 07-15-2015 at 03:52 PM.

Sword of Telara

Knowing the bugs exist changes how often you need to swap synth. I don't believe that I can act as I did before now that I understand what is happening.

Frankly, this has the potential to be the most broken thing in 65 PvP if it were widely abused: the potential LBV healing output is well beyond anything reasonable if you toss synth around as much as possible. There have since been two patches and no sign of it being fixed.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Frankly, this has the potential to be the most broken thing in 65 PvP if it were widely abused: the potential LBV healing output is well beyond anything reasonable if you toss synth around as much as possible. There have since been two patches and no sign of it being fixed.
    Reaver is still worse than that.
    At least you can kill a Chloro easily.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    Reaver is still worse than that.
    At least you can kill a Chloro easily.
    Depends how many of the opposing team understand what clicking on the characters with marks above their head is.

Enough people sit there and tabtarget the first thing that comes into range, even when they have synth on and their healthbar is popping up and down and the save announcement is going crazy that the inability to self-heal might not be such a crippling factor in the vast majority of warfronts as it would seem on paper.

But hey, both things need attention.
    Last edited by Foolio; 07-15-2015 at 04:04 PM.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

But hey, both things need attention.
    I'd wager Reaver needs attention first.

There is at least 3 or 4 Reavers PER Warfronts.
    It's a miracle if there is just one Chloromancer that use LBV per 10 Warfronts.
    Last edited by Snap; 07-15-2015 at 04:16 PM.

Sword of Telara

Ugh. I don't even know any more. Things so clearly need attention yet they are not given any.

Rolling mage on NA was a mistake, it seems: I was sort of counting on chlorostuff not happening. I'm not sure whether putting up with it is worth the trouble any more. Or rerolling, for that matter.

Edit: Come to think of it, today's change to pvp gear and weapon procs means that I could easily attain what little I have on NA on another calling...
    Last edited by Foolio; 07-15-2015 at 04:23 PM.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by detpack View Post
    I believe the Devs answered those questions in the thread in which it was posted originally. Make you feel special to point it out as if we were hiding it?
    ~Belisama

Ugh. I don't even know any more. Things so clearly need attention yet they are not given any.

Rolling mage on NA was a mistake, it seems: I was sort of counting on chlorostuff not happening. I'm not sure whether putting up with it is worth the trouble any more. Or rerolling, for that matter.

Edit: Come to think of it, today's change to pvp gear and weapon procs means that I could easily attain what little I have on NA on another calling...
    Guys, seriously. You are acting as if every Chloro in warfronts swap synth. Ever. Any of us with Synth Spy knows how few there ever were. So please stop acting as if you've inadvertently used your powers of good for evil. Stop the hand wringing over how you hang your head in shame to ever have thought you were a good Chloro. I mean yes it needs to be fixed but good gravy.

P.S. I am not talking to those of you who sit in the spawn before the game starts and throw synth on every person in there. I've seen that too, but not too often, thankfully. More often I see those that swap synth to use it normally as in to synth a dying player and then swap to someone else in trouble. That's how I use it and in that context it is not OP. My numbers are not higher than someone with LGV on. If it is an unintended bug, I understand wanting to rid ourselves of bad mojo. However, without that unintended bug, we're pretty much swamp water again. So, fix the bug part so that it can't be exploited (i.e. casting it on every player on a team before it starts) but give us the abilities for which it was intended. Is till need to be able to synth swap effectively.
    Last edited by Azuli; 07-15-2015 at 04:55 PM.
    ~Belisama

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast