+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [BUG] Chloro Crystal Bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    If such a thing were true then that would really be sad. The fact that a handful know about it but actively avoid abusing it meaning it never gets fixed...
    The development team already stated they are looking into it and it will be fixed.
    ~Belisama

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #32
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Azuli View Post
    The development team already stated they are looking into it and it will be fixed.
    Yep, the fix is still coming for this. It was a pretty complex corner case of how abilities and procs interact with stack limits, so it required some additional soak time.
    Jeff "Red Hawk" Hamilton
    Senior Systems Designer - Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Doood View Post
    Most people don't read the forums.
    Exactly, we had a fantastic opportunity to have a PVP viable Mage DPS Spec in this update, (Pyro is borderline rubbish) but this week when it mattered most (and after 117 pages of posts), we only had a small core group of regular posters who had seen the results from the PTS and noted that the burst was extremely poor and asked for more changes before the spec went live.

In essence, our Strombringer Spec (which had consistent DPS) was given a nerf and is substantially easier to play. (almost reaver easy) I'm not sure if more unique posters would have made a difference but I think they would have. It's disappointing that more players aren't involved here and paying attention to what is on the testing server. I ask my guildmates to weigh in with their honest opinions all the time but I only see one or two posting regularly.
    Last edited by detpack; 07-16-2015 at 12:42 PM.

Ascendant

Knowing the bugs exist changes how often you need to swap synth. I don't believe that I can act as I did before now that I understand what is happening.

Frankly, this has the potential to be the most broken thing in 65 PvP if it were widely abused: the potential LBV healing output is well beyond anything reasonable if you toss synth around as much as possible. There have since been two patches and no sign of it being fixed.
    You'd have to be actively spreading Synth around and engaged in large group skirmishes where you are getting 4+ CS ticks per second for the bug to be really broken.

I haven't changed the way I play much in response to this bug. I still refrain from Synth-switching unless necessary, since I am wary of the 5 second CD, and I tend to prefer smaller group conflicts anyway (more fun, in my opinion).

If you really do feel that strongly about it, now would be a good time to take your alts out for a spin.

Ascendant

I can honestly say I've never abused it knowingly. I don';t know if that makes me smart or really stupid.
    That makes you smart. Relying on a bug that will soon be fixed will do nothing but erode your skills.

I find that in a regular warfront I rarely Synth more than five people throughout the entirety. I'd love to say that I spend most of my time Synthing the top performers, but the sad truth is that I usually spend most of my time Synthing the same 2-3 derps that don't know how to retreat from focus fire.

Quote Originally Posted by regall View Post
    I understand your perspective (more than you know).

However, when those that have access to information that clearly indicates the potential of "abusing" said bug but do not report it, then it becomes a debateable issue.

Given the current climate of the game from my perspective though, I will refrain from debating it here.
    Honestly, I'm not even sure that anyone knew about this bug before I pointed out an oddity in Snap's Chloro video a short while ago. It is possible that some people figured it out on their own and kept quiet about it. However, the response from the Chloro community in the PvP forums was noteworthy for the integrity demonstrated by the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Doood View Post
    I know the OP thinks they are doing the community a service by posting these bugs/exploits, but in reality they are doing just the opposite.
    The truth came out as we were trying to figure out why 4 players were getting 2000+ heals from Snap while he was in LBV (without having Symbiosis on anyone). I originally pointed that out, so if you want to blame someone, go ahead and blame me. I certainly had no idea it was an abusable bug when I called attention to it. :/
    Last edited by Nefelia; 07-17-2015 at 02:22 AM.

Sword of Telara

I saw it before but thought I was going crazy thinking "Oh! VL ticks heal 2k on non-synthed targets!" then in the next match the effect suddenly disappeared.

It was only when other people pointed it out that I started paying more attention to who got the higher heals.

Maybe it is time to dig out the alts. But at the moment I don't really feel like doing that, so I'm just hoarding plat/rex. Might dump it on primalist for the sake of something new to play...
    Last edited by Foolio; 07-17-2015 at 02:29 AM.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    I find that in a regular warfront I rarely Synth more than five people throughout the entirety. I'd love to say that I spend most of my time Synthing the top performers, but the sad truth is that I usually spend most of my time Synthing the same 2-3 derps that don't know how to retreat from focus fire.
    LOL yes, I find the same- synthing those few guys who don't understand the circle back for heals when in trouble thing. Or in BG, synthing whomever holds the fang.

I often come into warfronts where either I ask for more people to heal and get 2-3 more Chloros- which isn't very helpful given our limitations, or pop into a warfront and see a bunch of Chloros trying to all heal in LGV. Very, very rarely do I see any of those LGV Chloros switch to LBV. The veil I put on usually has more to do with how many people are losing big chunks of their health bar and what kind of other healers are around.

So has anyone figured out the limitations of this bug? I mean, 2k more heals on 4 people is really not earth shattering. They get a lot more from LGV than that. 8k more in inadvertent heals on players with 100k health bars sure doesn't make us OP. I could see if it affects all 14 other people on your team, but does anyone know how many other players this affects at a time?
    Last edited by Azuli; 07-17-2015 at 10:16 AM.
    ~Belisama

LOL yes, I find the same thing- synthing those guys who don't understand the circle back for heals when in trouble thing.

I often come into warfronts where either I ask for more people to heal and get 2-3 more Chloros- which isn't very helpful given our limitations, or pop into a warfront and see a bunch of Chloros trying to all heal in LGV. Very, very rarely do I see any of those LGV Chloros switch to LBV. The veil I put on usually has more to do with how many people are losing big chunks of their health bar and what kind of other healers are around.

So has anyone figured out the limitations of this bug? I mean, 2k more heals on 4 people is really not earth shattering. They get a lot more from LGV than that. 8k more in inadvertent heals on players with 100k health bars sure doesn't make us OP. I could see if it affects all 14 other people on your team, but does anyone know how many other players this affects at a time?
    It's 2k per thing CS ticks on, it's pretty big, like 10k HPS for 5 people just from CS alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    It's 2k per thing CS ticks on, it's pretty big, like 10k HPS for 5 people just from CS alone.
    ok, so that explains the Chloros I see come in with a premade 5-man. They all mark each other, and the Chloro synths all of them and heals no one else in the warfront but their group. I do see that more often than I see a Chloro swapping synth to more than one person at a time.
    ~Belisama

Sword of Telara

You'd be better of synthing your whole team as you have no control over where the heals go really.

I've only seen one other chloro knowingly abuse it by synthing the entire team before the match started, and that was the warfront where they were testing the observation.

The thing is that CS alone is the biggest contributor to the heals, and you'd be using that for ST healing anyway. But you can continue healing a synth target of your choice with no whilst CS does crazy healing to everyone else on your team. If you abused it to the fullest it would easily make LGV look like trash if there were bunched up enemies.

Edit: CS -> Natural splendor probably makes everyone under the glitch immortal for 8 seconds. Potentially 26k hps per person for 8 seconds, sounds a bit like old flame of life actually...
    Last edited by Foolio; 07-17-2015 at 10:40 AM.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

You'd be better of synthing your whole team as you have no control over where the heals go really.

I've only seen one other chloro knowingly abuse it by synthing the entire team before the match started, and that was the warfront where they were testing the observation.

The thing is that CS alone is the biggest contributor to the heals, and you'd be using that for ST healing anyway. But you can continue healing a synth target of your choice with no whilst CS does crazy healing to everyone else on your team. If you abused it to the fullest it would easily make LGV look like trash if there were bunched up enemies.
    ^This, the one time I abused it to see if it worked my team was kind of invincible on a 20 man whitefall steppes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    Honestly, I'm not even sure that anyone knew about this bug before I pointed out an oddity in Snap's Chloro video a short while ago. It is possible that some people figured it out on their own and kept quiet about it. However, the response from the Chloro community in the PvP forums was noteworthy for the integrity demonstrated by the players.
    I might have to go off-topic with what I feel is a very on-topic explanation of how I was personally bugged.

I'm glad that when I referred to "magic" in a previous post that these bugs were brought into the light, HOWEVER that wasn't the kind of magic I was referring to, and wasn't my intention tbvh.

It does bother me tho, that these "experts" that advise with all their charts and numbers and complain the loudest about the mage dev's efforts, can oversee such things that I inadvertently stumble upon..... through using a word......

Don't PIN the wrong rep on me please, there's enough of that already going around.
    Last edited by regall; 07-17-2015 at 07:14 PM. Reason: bluntapproachlink

Sooooo this got patched this update and Red hawk didnt buff chloro like he said he would if he were to patch this.

Rip chloro in pvp.

Least survivability
    Can barely heal self
    Can barely heal other chloro's
    Usual hit with my crazy chloro gear = 8k where as every other class = like 15k with all the buffs (sentinel etc).
    Have to be within 30m of an enemy to actually heal properly
    The ONLY thing chloro has is CS padding on the synthesis target & Symbiosis (actually i just checked this doesn't work either).
    Chloro now worst healer.

Great, another spec that is borderline pvp viable, guess i'll stick to Dom/Archon, "inb4 nerf Dom/Archon".

Not only do we have the most difficult specs to play out of all the classes with a 3rd resource to monitor, we also get nerfed every ****ing patch when we're not even OP.
    Last edited by Gilgad; 07-22-2015 at 10:38 PM.

Sword of Telara

Weird. When I tried this yesterday I was reached the conclusion that this wasn't fixed still.

With just synthswap fixed I'd still argue that chloro is viable. If the 2k bonus is fixed too then I'd certainly agree with you, but I didn't see that when I tried.
    Last edited by Foolio; 07-22-2015 at 11:47 PM.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Where do you see that?
    It's not written in the patch note (Unless I'm blind?) and it certainly isn't fixed because I still see 2k+ on people without my synth that I had synthed previously.

I mean... I just did a Black Garden with 9k HPS (Everyone was topped off can't heal past their health bars can I?) and over 20k OHPS (Overhealing per second).
    Sorry, I can't avoid Synth Swapping, the good player in me wouldn't accept for me to become a scrubbity scrub.

I did notice that in a Karthan Ridge I had to unequip and reequip my crystal because it wasn't having any effect at all on my heals.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast