+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ianto Jones
  • 1 Post By evantide
  • 1 Post By Kaiune

Thread: Raise your hand

Default Raise your hand

if you like Phase Step and how it is/will be incorporated into our ST rotation.

I'd have posted this in the Mage Changes thread, but I erred on the side of visibility for Red Hawk. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the overwhelming majority of players are/have been staunchly against these changes. At what point do you stop caring about what the playerbase wants and feels comfortable with and start forcing things on them that almost nobody wants?
    Abhor@Greybriar

Phs

If Phase Step was more like

Teleports the mage 5 times to target foe, dealing x to y Air damage with each teleport. The mage takes z reduced damage while teleporting. Counts as a Slashing Attack.
    A single target teleport 5 times at the target. Not behind. Whatever is the closest side to you. So it's bloody usable on Jino. *edit retrospect no tp back

The qq on it being a bad spell would be less. It would still be dangerous to use/ time mechanically wrong. But it'd no longer just be a **** fest unusability on some bosses you should otherwise be able to harb/hybrid on.
    Last edited by Phs; 06-16-2015 at 08:55 PM.

I'd hate the ability even if it were single-target.

But it needs to be single-target teleporting "to" the enemy if it's going to remain. Anything else is unacceptable. And I'd rather it did not return you to the original position.

RIFT Guide Writer

Do not want new iteration. Current one is bad, but new one is just horrendous with no up sides.

We go from being able to fully utilize it in two boss fights to only one.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

.. What everyone else has said in this thread..

Let's be constructive here. What sort of utility does Harbinger need?

This might be boring, but what about just a 1 hour run speed/dodge buff?

Or change the name and give us some crit.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Dasmani View Post
    Let's be constructive here. What sort of utility does Harbinger need?

This might be boring, but what about just a 1 hour run speed/dodge buff?

Or change the name and give us some crit.
    You saw my posts trying, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    The ability is so rewarding because of the positional awareness it requires to use well. If it were just a one-and-done attack, its damage would be drastically lowered. It also fits the fantasy niche of "teleport attack", something not really served anywhere else in RIFT. It would be simple to change it to something that never put you in any danger at all - it just also wouldn't be as interesting or as rewarding to execute it correctly.

In any case, all Harbinger abilities will need some amount of retuning following the PTS changes, so we can change the relative value of Phase Step in the rotation to be a bit lower so that holding it for a couple seconds to ensure your own safety causes less of a hit to DPS. But I'm not really looking to change the fundamental mechanic of the ability at this time.
    That's the response I got. Mages can only have nice things if it fits flavor and has massive restrictions to use. No ifs, ands, or buts. Only mages will have massive restrictions if they want to fully utilize everything.

Meanwhile, we have Reaver over there having the best of every world. Hell, I'll take less DPS if I can do everything stupid easily and never have to worry about anything.

But hey, why not. Here's what Red Hawk should do.

Make Phase Step port to the target. Not to its front, not to its back, not to the freaking side. Just port to whatever is considered melee range for that fight.

There. Problem freaking solved. Because mages are already restricted and turned into ineffective cripples in the hands of everyone but the very freaking best of us, needing a full support and tank group operating at optimum levels in order to keep up with other classes.
    Last edited by evantide; 06-16-2015 at 09:32 PM.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

New talent to replace phase step:

Phase Blades: In addition to its other effects, Charged Blade increases the critical hit chance of your slashing attacks by 20% and all other abilities by 10%. Increases the charge consumed by slashing attacks while Charged Blade is active by 5.

That took 5 minutes to think of. I'm basically a good idea factory. I won't even charge you for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    You saw my posts trying, right?

That's the response I got. Mages can only have nice things if it fits flavor and has massive restrictions to use. No ifs, ands, or buts. Only mages will have massive restrictions if they want to fully utilize everything.

Meanwhile, we have Reaver over there having the best of every world. Hell, I'll take less DPS if I can do everything stupid easily and never have to worry about anything.

But hey, why not. Here's what Red Hawk should do.

Make Phase Step port to the target. Not to its front, not to its back, not to the freaking side. Just port to whatever is considered melee range for that fight.

There. Problem freaking solved. Because mages are already restricted and turned into ineffective cripples in the hands of everyone but the very freaking best of us, needing a full support and tank group operating at optimum levels in order to keep up with other classes.

Don't give up! We can save Harbinger! We have the power!

This is the best calling forum. It has been scientifically proven that mage players are the most intelligent among all the callings. They had computers and stuff working on this. It's a fact.

We need to use our massive mage brains to telepathically influence Red Hawk into changing this ability.

Failing that, we need to keep spamming about it until he answers.

Phs

Phase Step become Riftwalk?
    ditch Blade Rush and use those talents for crit buffs?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dasmani View Post
    New talent to replace phase step:

Phase Blades: In addition to its other effects, Charged Blade increases the critical hit chance of your slashing attacks by 20% and all other abilities by 10%. Increases the charge consumed by slashing attacks while Charged Blade is active by 5.

That took 5 minutes to think of. I'm basically a good idea factory. I won't even charge you for this one.
    I like the title but id make it summon a phantom blade (copy of your blade weapon) that does the same effect as phase step but as st so if you have the AOE weapon it will cleave This way i don't leave my location.

If PS must remain a multi target please make it not target critters.

Good old Phase Step... aka "Critter Killer". (they never saw it coming)

I'm pretty sure we've cried a river of tears over phase step by now lol. Here's the problem, half the time we're the dead critters and PS is the monster.
    Last edited by detpack; 06-18-2015 at 09:10 AM.

+ Reply to Thread