+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Block locked?

Prophet of Telara

Default Block locked?

That title says it all. To me it seems tanking tons of adds let's say in a NMR it looks to me like I get block locked and can't cast attacks as fast as I would let's say on a single Mob or Boss.

Do you or is it just in my head?

Phs

I don't understand the question. are you lagging?

Default Knockback

Well it could be knockback. I have a cleric tank so I have some mitigation for that but yeah when there is a mob of mobs sometimes I get hit a couple times in a row and cannot attack for those seconds until i stop "falling" which is what it looks like to me when that is happening. This is when I pop a shield and a damage reducer to ride out the storm so to speak
    tdivan@hailol <Dol Amroth>

Are you experiencing this more often in the new NMR 6 fights?

Iv noticed it happening when theres 20+ planar invasion mobs around auto attacking, you get stuck in the block/dodge animations and your ability queue starts lagging way behind.

Eventually the abilities will start going off without triggering their animations, but there is a delay and it looks kinda silly.
    65 Mage - Thalmus@Laethys
    4/4 RoF | 5/5 MS | 1/3 TF | 7/11 HK | 4/4iGP HM

┬──┬ ノ(ノ)

Are they damaging you so much that it take forever to cast one ability?
    Though this implies that you using abilities with +1.5s cast times.

Because you can simple fix that with changes to your sepc, to get 100% pushback reduction on your damage abilities. Even though you shouldn't be using cast times in a tanking spec.

Or are you getting stunned all the time, that you can't even use any ability?
    They go black on your bar.

Because only Break Free or control breaking abilities will get rid of that for a time.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    Are they damaging you so much that it take forever to cast one ability?
    Though this implies that you using abilities with +1.5s cast times.

Because you can simple fix that with changes to your sepc, to get 100% pushback reduction on your damage abilities. Even though you shouldn't be using cast times in a tanking spec.

Or are you getting stunned all the time, that you can't even use any ability?
    They go black on your bar.

Because only Break Free or control breaking abilities will get rid of that for a time.
    Of course I'm not casting as a mage tank.

Seems odd. I can hear the blocks going off. It does seem like I locked even thou my buttons can be pushed.

Maybe it's in my head. But it sure looks like it take longer to lower charge are raise charge from attacks when I'm in a huge pile of Mobs and I'm blocking what seems like non-stop.

When I'm tanking NMRs I have Break Free in both my Charge gain macro and Charge lowering macro. That way I break stuff instantly.

Personally I find my block animation will merely "overwrite" my skill animations, I'm still using my abilities as per normal, but my character will be spamming a block/dodge animation.

It could be in your head, I find it extremely difficult to time my abilities when they're not playing the correct skill animation (Stormbinger was a pain during the "instant cast abilities sometimes don't play animations" bug), though just because I don't experience ability lag during block spam, doesn't mean you don't.

I'd say pay attention to your GCD animation on your hotkeys, if there's a noticeable pause between GCDs, then yes, your skills are lagging behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

+ Reply to Thread