Closed Thread
Page 78 of 117 FirstFirst ... 28 68 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 88 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1751
Like Tree743Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Mage Update: 3.2

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    Well... We have blade rush for gap closing in PVE already. *shrug*
    Depends. Is Blade Rush a slashing attack yet?

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Ludroth View Post
    Depends. Is Blade Rush a slashing attack yet?
    Tis what I'm asking for right now!

But if you're using Blazing Light to gap close... it seems kind of superfluous, ya know? Since you'd still be eating that GCD anyways while running in so it's not like it'll increase your DPS using it as a port too.

And a Phantom Blades Phase step combo also seems like a waste since you could, ya know, actually use Phantom Blades to walk back in since all your attacks are range at the time anyways.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    Well... We have blade rush for gap closing in PVE already. *shrug*
    We still have Phantom Blades too.

If I recall, some people even asked for Phase Step to be scrapped entirely.
    I don't see what's wrong with getting a utility ability that won't be used on everything. ^^
    Last edited by Snap; 06-24-2015 at 03:12 PM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    We still have Phantom Blades too.

If I recall, some people even asked for Phase Step to be scrapped entirely.
    I don't see what's wrong with getting a utility ability that won't be used on everything.
    Shh, I'm trying to support you!
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Quote Originally Posted by TerraBomb View Post
    cleric's stealth heals them(does not break on damage?).
    HAHAHAAHAHAHAAA!!!!!

*wipes tears from eyes*

hahahaa!!!

cleric "stealth" is the most useless skill ever. have you ever played a cleric? i'd GLADLY trade cab "sstealth" for mage stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    How about Inq 100-0ing people with 2 ticks of Nysr, or Sentinels one shotting people with Wrathful Exuberance, or Shaman 3 hitting people? All of which took a lot long than it should have to fix.
    look, i'm not disagreeing with you. everyone's debating me like i'm saying mages haven't been neglected or mages aren't behind, i'm not. I mean just look at elementalist which has never been viable (terrible lack of utility/defense in many specs), or like necro and its super frustrating that it got some low key buffs and now i'm told to be patient for an unknown amount of patches for another chance at a fix (simple changes to dmg or otherwise) (although im glad harb is getting some attention even though i'll never play melee). other classes have been op, i'm just saying mage has had op moments too, other classes have been neglected, and i remember pyro being viable for a long bit in early storm legion - and it getting more attention than other mage specs for quite awhile. clearly mage is behind atm
    Last edited by Inixia; 06-24-2015 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inixia View Post
    look, i'm not disagreeing with you. everyone's debating me like i'm saying mages haven't been neglected or mages aren't behind, i'm not. I mean just look at elementalist which has never been viable (terrible lack of utility/defense in many specs), or like necro and its super frustrating that it got some low key buffs and now i'm told to be patient for an unknown amount of patches for another chance at a fix (simple changes to dmg or otherwise) (although im glad harb is getting some attention even though i'll never play melee). other classes have been op, i'm just saying mage has had op moments too, other classes have been neglected, and i remember pyro being viable for a long bit in early storm legion - and it getting more attention than other mage specs for quite awhile. clearly mage is behind atm
    Actually every class should be viable with many souls, not a specific one at a specific moment, just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Udorel View Post
    Actually every class should be viable with many souls, not a specific one at a specific moment, just sayin'.
    i completely agree, some of my favorite patches have been ones where mage wasn't necessarily the best class, but there were a lot of viable options (like 1.5? with pyro, lock, sc, pyrolock, etc..). It adds personality to the game and players. Conversely, some patches where mage has been out in front but you are pigeonholed into a certain build (like when dps revolved around pyrolock) have been some of my least favorite.
    Last edited by Inixia; 06-24-2015 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inixia View Post
    i completely agree, some of my favorite patches have been ones where mage wasn't necessarily the best class, but there were a lot of viable options (like 1.5? with pyro, lock, sc, pyrolock, etc..). It adds personality to the game and players. Conversely, some patches where mage has been out in front but you are pigeonholed into a certain build (like when dps revolved around pyrolock) have been some of my least favorite.
    we do have a variety of builds to play esp for HK from st,aoe topin meters,do utility things,provide most needed support...its the first tier ever that we do have such a variety to pick.ah... if only warlock could have been more competetive in terms of dps,would have been almost perfect.
    Maniaq@Greybriar

Ascendant

Also I see mages routinely topping dps on Sicaron... why all the QQ here about how mage is completely worthless? PEBCAK?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    Also I see mages routinely topping dps on Sicaron... why all the QQ here about how mage is completely worthless? PEBCAK?
    They are the most wanted class for HK progression but because they have so many viable options the strain is real. It isn't like warrior which is reaver nearly all the time. It could just be the learning curve is too high though... like players say.

Quote Originally Posted by Grobari View Post
    we do have a variety of builds to play esp for HK from st,aoe topin meters,do utility things,provide most needed support...its the first tier ever that we do have such a variety to pick.ah... if only warlock could have been more competetive in terms of dps,would have been almost perfect.
    SL T3 had a lot of variety. Warlock, Pyro, Stormbinger, SC all viable/best spec depending on fight.

But you're right, Warlock needs tuned up so it can be competitive again.

Oh, and I'd like to sincerely thank Red Hawk for listening to us and scrapping Phase Step.
    Last edited by Abhor748; 06-25-2015 at 12:39 AM.
    Abhor@Greybriar

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    They are the most wanted class for HK progression but because they have so many viable options the strain is real. It isn't like warrior which is reaver nearly all the time. It could just be the learning curve is too high though... like players say.
    I am just curious because if mages are already topping charts left and right on the current raiding content, why all these complains about how they are so weak? The spec really that difficult that most mages are unable to play it correctly hence thinking they are subpar?

edit: I just glanced thru prancing turtle, on sicaron, and mages seem to be very dominating.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 06-25-2015 at 01:28 AM.

Phs

New phase step is a cool idea. Phase is just becoming a triple damageless Riftwalk (Riftblade). But why do we still have Blade Rush then - The stun? Put the stun on PS instead. Triple Stun PS cause yolo? Put Phase Step in the root where Blade Rush is. Ditch Blade Rush. Use tree space for reduced damage taken mitigation.

teleporting mage hilarity please

/s
    Last edited by Phs; 06-25-2015 at 02:55 AM.

Made some updates to what I would still like to see from Harbinger

Overflowing Vitality
    While in combat, you heal 25% of your Endurance every 3s.
    Slash attacks apply Rending Slash, if known, to the enemy.

Remove Vorpal Edge
    Increases Tempest Wind’s range to 20 meters.

Tree:
    Piercing Beam - Tier 3 - 1 Point - Instant - Cooldown 4s
    Deals x to y Life damage. Increases the damage slashing attacks deal to the enemy by 12% for 30s. Counts as a Slashing attack.

Intensify - Tier 3 - 3 Points
    Increases the damage and healing done of the consuming ability of Eldritch Gift by 3/6/9%.

Eldritch Desirer - Tier 5 - 2 Points - Requires: Eldritch Power
    Crit Chance is increased by 15% for 8s when Eldritch Gift is consumed.

Eldritch Power - Tier 5 - 2 Points
    Increases the cast time reduction of Eldritch Gift to 4/6 seconds and reduces the global cooldown of cast time abilities using Eldritch Gift to 1/0.5s. Increases the proc chance of Eldritch Gift by 10/20%

Light Nova - Tier 6 - 1 Point
    Your Piercing Beam and Lucent Slash now refreshes your Blazing Light on the enemy.

Furious Assault - Tier 7 - 2 Points
    Reduces the global cooldown of your Air, Life and Ethereal abilities to 1.25/1s and reduces their mana cost by 15/30%.

Root:
    4 Points: Eldritch Armor - Instant
    Grants the Mage's slashing attacks a 40% chance to proc Eldritch Gift. Eldritch Gift reduces the cast time of their next ability by 2s and mana cost by 40%. Cannot occur more than once every 3s. Lasts 1h. Counts as a Mage Armor.

48 Points: Phantom Blades - Toggle - No Global Cooldown
    Increases the Range of Storm Slash and Piercing Beam to 20m. Reduces the damage of Storm Slash by 20%.

58 Points: Storm Shroud - Instant - Cooldown 1 minute
    Applies Stealth and removes movement impairing effects. Prevents damage from breaking Stealth for 10s. Using an ability will break Stealth.

61 Points: Empyrean Ascension - Instant - No Global Cooldown - Cooldown 1 minute
    Transforms the Mage into a powerful Elemental reducing the damage they take by 20% and increases the damage of Slash attacks by 20%. Slash attacks have a 100% chance to proc Eldritch Gift, every 3s. Increases the damage and healing done of the consuming ability of Eldritch Gift by 40%. Last 15s.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 07-03-2015 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Amended some suggestions
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Closed Thread
Page 78 of 117 FirstFirst ... 28 68 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 88 ... LastLast