Closed Thread
Page 39 of 117 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 89 ... LastLast
Like Tree743Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Mage Update: 3.2

Quote Originally Posted by Blakehavok View Post
    So my CP should be at 40% in chloro too huh?
    You should have at least 1k cp, for t1 progression. T1 geared is about 1.9k cp easily.

CP for LBV is incredibly helpful, your LBV will crit often and the difference between 12% cp and 25% cp is huge.

LGV you do not value CP as high but it is still valued as you have a multitude of ticks going at the same time which will average out to a high % of those being crits. Living storm + corrosive spores + withering vine + vile spores all going at the same time.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    You should have at least 1k cp, for t1 progression. T1 geared is about 1.9k cp easily.

CP for LBV is incredibly helpful, your LBV will crit often and the difference between 12% cp and 25% cp is huge.

LGV you do not value CP as high but it is still valued as you have a multitude of ticks going at the same time which will average out to a high % of those being crits. Living storm + corrosive spores + withering vine + vile spores all going at the same time.

25% CP for T1 -- as a chloro, how much SP to heal it? (T1)

25% CP for T1 -- as a chloro, how much SP to heal it? (T1)
    With NA like 17k roughly.

With NA like 17k roughly.
    I'm not saying its not possible, but that is BiS dungeon gear.

I think you can choose between the CP and the SP for that. I think you can get 1k CP, but not 17k SP with NA.

I'm sure it's hard for someone to remember than when they've been 1200 hit for a long time though.

I'm not saying its not possible, but that is BiS dungeon gear.

I think you can choose between the CP and the SP for that. I think you can get 1k CP, but not 17k SP with NA.

I'm sure it's hard for someone to remember than when they've been 1200 hit for a long time though.
    You just said you had 17.6k sp and 800cp roughly.

I said add 300cp and subtract 600sp.

That is not hard to do at that gear level.

What quality are your lessers/greaters at.

I am trying here to work with you....
    Last edited by Deeew; 06-02-2015 at 02:11 AM.

You just said you had 17.6k sp and 800cp roughly.

I said add 300cp and subtract 600sp.

That is not hard to do at that gear level.

What quality are your lessers/greaters at.

I am trying here to work with you....

I can get to 29% CP and still maintain 17k SP -- It's great that I can do that. I have 8-9 pieces of T1 and 1 piece of T2 on. Thanks for your help I appreciate it but..again there's no definitive way to play chloro..

I guess you've figured out the most efficient way, but you've also admitted to ignoring requests on making a ST tanking guide. I think it's evident that people attempt to play chloro, and even more evident that they aren't doing it right. I can't tell you how many times i've talked to other mages and had them say you should never leave you entropic veil on. Only toggle it. Earlier you contradicted that. News to me.

I've been playing for a long time and apparently i've been playing wrongly for a long time, not completely wrong. I understand the concept of chloro

-- I don't think it is clear by looking at your abilities, and reading them how they all function and how you should stack your stats. Not only that but theres no real way to

Healing is situational at it's core. I'm sure most mages toggle veils on air travel ect... because it's in Deew's guide where there is a video on it and practice tips.

Watching some of the video's in his channel last night was good therapy for someone who is trying to break out of average level play.

Also, I appreciate being told that my SP gear is not ideal from another player who knows more than I do. Someone from a guild I was at mentioned that I needed a SP set to heal well and everyone sorta chimed in and mumbled something about consistency which seemed like sound logic on face value.

We're lucky to have someone like him on this forum.
    Last edited by detpack; 06-02-2015 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by detpack View Post
    Healing is situational at it's core. I'm sure most mages toggle veils on air travel ect... because it's in Deew's guide where there is a video on it and practice tips.

Watching some of the video's in his channel last night was good therapy for someone who is trying to break out of average level play.

Also, I appreciate being told that my SP gear is not ideal from another player who knows more than I do. Someone from a guild I was at mentioned that I needed a SP set to heal well and everyone sorta chimed in and mumbled something about consistency which seemed like sound logic on face value.

We're lucky to have someone like him on this forum.
    Completely agree, I've always been told stack SP as a chloro... Besides the gear, the only real thing I wasn't doing correctly, was maintaining corrosive spores on ST heals -- everything else I've done pretty much correctly.

I mentioned this before in the update to withering vine / healing radius thread. Radiant spores doesn't heal for anything ...It seems really pointless. Healing procs on NT weapons do more than radiant spores in ST situations mostly.

Thumbs up

Completely agree, I've always been told stack SP as a chloro... Besides the gear, the only real thing I wasn't doing correctly, was maintaining corrosive spores on ST heals -- everything else I've done pretty much correctly.

I mentioned this before in the update to withering vine / healing radius thread. Radiant spores doesn't heal for anything ...It seems really pointless. Healing procs on NT weapons do more than radiant spores in ST situations mostly.
    Chloros used to be able to almost solo heal raids because Radiant Spores was such good raid healing. It used to equal 100% of the damage done and had no ICD. This translated into about 10% of the raids dps being converted to hps. The nerf was a little heavy, and I wish they'd up the cap to 25% of the mage's max hp, but it definitely needed a nerf.

Sword of Telara

this thread needs to be renamed, either:

"how to tank heal properly"

or

"mage update 3.3 or later"

i wonder what was so important to stop all the work in progress for so long without any info left?!?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xirxe View Post
    this thread needs to be renamed, either:

"how to tank heal properly"

or

"mage update 3.3 or later"

i wonder what was so important to stop all the work in progress for so long without any info left?!?
    Primalist, obviously. Because what the devs who can barely handle the workload they already have really need is MORE workload!

This thread is basically a mage hangout now. We’ve let enough fireballs fly for one or two dev posts.

@Redhalk - The volcano appears to be stabilizing. The researchers can return to the fringes of Mt. Stormlava for the time being.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #583
    Rift Team

Good news everyone,

The Harbinger changes I mentioned earlier in the thread (with some changes suggested by the collective you) will be in testing soon. We needed some tech for at least one of them, which did hold us up for a bit, but hopefully you'll soon get to play 61 Harb and compete with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    Good news everyone,

The Harbinger changes I mentioned earlier in the thread (with some changes suggested by the collective you) will be in testing soon. We needed some tech for at least one of them, which did hold us up for a bit, but hopefully you'll soon get to play 61 Harb and compete with it.
    Any chance we could have a list of changes, bulleted, with a brief explanation of why those changes in particular were chosen, and also a dry martini. Shaken.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #585
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Dasmani View Post
    Any chance we could have a list of changes, bulleted, with a brief explanation of why those changes in particular were chosen, and also a dry martini. Shaken.
    I'm gonna need to see some ID for that martini...

We'll do patch notes when these changes hit test - they're largely the same as the ones I posted earlier in this thread. I just wanted to let you know that the time was being spent on them and they are coming.

Closed Thread
Page 39 of 117 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 89 ... LastLast