Closed Thread
Page 117 of 117 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 113 114 115 116 117
Results 1,741 to 1,751 of 1751
Like Tree743Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Mage Update: 3.2

Our kill times are slow (18:30-19 iirc) since we run the most carebear ******** comp you can imagine... because, well, why not? It sucks to wipe 15 minutes in because some derp Rogues stood in breath. And even then we can still 19-man after a derp Rogue invariably gets knocked off by the first wave. Once you get the CC sorted the fight is pretty ****ing easy to be honest, just a matter of reps. The hardest mechanic is the relog boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Our kill times are slow (18:30-19 iirc) since we run the most carebear ******** comp you can imagine... because, well, why not? It sucks to wipe 15 minutes in because some derp Rogues stood in breath. And even then we can still 19-man after a derp Rogue invariably gets knocked off by the first wave. Once you get the CC sorted the fight is pretty ****ing easy to be honest, just a matter of reps. The hardest mechanic is the relog boss.
    I don't disagree personally. I just entertain the possibility that it's still very hard to beat for players whose individual capabilities are more exhausted on this fight. You just said yourselves, that you had derp happening.
    On a 20min fight, more often than not **** happens.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1743
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Hasmonean View Post
    ^ THIS. This is what upsets me. Agree or not, I understand the reasoning behind the changes. What I don't is why we couldn't get what we were told we would. That is a very simple fix in the 61 point ability.
    Hi guys. At the time I made that post, it was the close to the beginning of t2 if I recall correctly. Stormbinger was pretty balanced in tier 1, so it felt like a safe statement to make. Stormbinger then ran away with all the marbles during tier 2. I can't make Harbinger equivalent to now-stormbinger, as now-stormbinger does too much damage. That's why Storm Locus is changing to only affect Stormcaller's elements of damage - amplifying the Life damage of Harb as well as the Air damage was simply causing the spec to overperform class DPS targets.

Yes, the current set of Harbinger changes is going live with 3.3. Empyrean Ascension may still need to be buffed more after launch. I had lots of data from PTS indicating 61 Harb was in a pretty good state, but Live will always give much higher volume of data to act on.

Those of you lamenting that EA is just a damage-buffing DPS cooldown now, that's really all it was before as well. The only difference between new and old is that new applies to all players, whereas old only applied to players who had an EA macro set up and could spam that during their cooldown. I hear you on wanting more burst in the spec, as it did lose substantial burst with the removal of damage from Phase Step. However what I was hearing from you before was that the attachment of damage to Phase Step made the spec unplayable and worthless in various situations, and that this was an intractable problem. In the end, I made the decision to remove damage from Phase Step entirely as RIFT generally does not tie substantial damage to mobility abilities, much as I personally think it's an interesting reflection of player mastery to avoid damage zones while dealing your maximum potential damage.

In conclustion, a TLDR -
    1.) Harb changes will go live in 3.3
    2.) Further changes will be made shortly after 3.3 if additional problems are found by a large volume of people trying the revamped spec.
    3.) I recognize that Harb may need additional burst, and I would probably fulfill that need on EA IF live data agrees that the need exists.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1744
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    I thought this was pretty much how everyone felt, and I didn't really see anyone clamouring for its outright removal.
    There were many, many people clamouring for its removal. Loudly. In my inbox, as well as in various threads. I liked the old version personally, but since the way it was constructed made QoL changes like letting you aim it at a specific side of an entity or letting you choose single or multi target based on your blade impossible, the overwhelming voice of the community indicated that it had to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    Hi guys. At the time I made that post, it was the close to the beginning of t2 if I recall correctly. Stormbinger was pretty balanced in tier 1, so it felt like a safe statement to make. Stormbinger then ran away with all the marbles during tier 2. I can't make Harbinger equivalent to now-stormbinger, as now-stormbinger does too much damage. That's why Storm Locus is changing to only affect Stormcaller's elements of damage - amplifying the Life damage of Harb as well as the Air damage was simply causing the spec to overperform class DPS targets.
    what are class dps targets? can you tell us? what are the targets for single-target melee, single-target ranged, what are acceptable active/passive cleaving amounts, etc. i'm sure everyone here would like to know. how much of a difference is melee and ranged dps supposed to see?

after that, please follow up your answer with an explanation for reaver in it's current state being an outlier and how it falls within "class dps targets" compared to other callings/souls, especially considering it's accessibility and ease of use. beyond that, justify nearly every single progression guild in T2 stacking reavers for progression because of how much of an outlier it is.

thanks in advance.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Soulwalker

stormbinger does too much damage.
    So, the broken record can start up again; Reaver nerfs?
    (Obviously that's not what you're here to discuss, nor something you can do anything about, but I mean, really...with that abomination running around what constitutes "too much damage")

Thank you for confirming that although the changes so far are coming with 3.3 but further changes will be made. It's definitely been a focus of the forum to get some burst, so it will be interesting to see where it comes from and whether the last 7 points will become more attractive in the future.
    Sziraxz@Typhiria|65|Mage|Kelari <Canicus>
    Illarixya@Typhiria|62|Warrior|High Elf <Canicus>

Those of you lamenting that EA is just a damage-buffing DPS cooldown now, that's really all it was before as well.
    I don't know how else to say this.

>>>>>>THAT'S WHY WE WANTED IT CHANGED<<<<<<

We didn't like EA because it was one button spam + procs. You responded by making THE ENTIRE SPEC ONE BUTTON SPAM + PROCS. If we're going to be stuck spamming one button either way, we'd far and away prefer to have something with actual burst rather than this sad excuse for a 61-point ability that is so mediocre that we're not even going to be using it.

There were many, many people clamouring for its removal. Loudly. In my inbox, as well as in various threads. I liked the old version personally, but since the way it was constructed made QoL changes like letting you aim it at a specific side of an entity or letting you choose single or multi target based on your blade impossible, the overwhelming voice of the community indicated that it had to go.
    Most of that came AFTER we REPEATEDLY asked for it to be single target and you REPEATEDLY refused to make it so. We didn't want it to be "no danger", we wanted to not be porting all over to irrelevant or invisible targets, losing LOS/melee range. When you made it absolutely clear that it was all or nothing, we wanted nothing. Then out of the blue, you removed all the abilities from EA, too.

The Phase Step change also had the side-effect of removing Ethereal Blast from our rotation. On top of that we got Vorpal Slash out of the proc macro... but now it's just in our one-button spam macro instead. The net effect is a massive dumbing down of gameplay, a 61-point spec that's not worth using because of a bad 61-point ability, and a lot of really disgruntled Mages.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 07-14-2015 at 02:52 PM.

Blue bars being peed on yet again. Just make our bars green now k thx.
    Cleric

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Sziraxz View Post
    Thank you for confirming that although the changes so far are coming with 3.3 but further changes will be made. It's definitely been a focus of the forum to get some burst, so it will be interesting to see where it comes from and whether the last 7 points will become more attractive in the future.
    You mean whether mage as a whole will even be worth playing any more when 3.0's main theme has been "mages get screwed number X".

At this point, I'd rather we get no changes until 4.0.
    Last edited by evantide; 07-14-2015 at 03:03 PM.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

WTB Warlock buff. That is all.
    Shut your pie hole!!!

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1751
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    Well, there was a number of us trying to suggest better ways for the abilities to function, but there was also a lot of people spamming that phase step "should just be removed" and EA should "be changed to a straight damage boost without skills".

The angry spamming just won over the constructive criticism once again.

Thinking back on this thread, there was probably at least as many people whining to "just remove it" as there was us trying to actually fix things, so while unfortunate it's not surprising really.
    A lot of ideas posted about "how to make things better" either have intractable problems with them, or simply cannot work given how our ability system works. I love reading player ideas, as the collective can be far more creative than an individual. However, all you guys have to think about is "What would be cool for me?". I have to think about "Is this cool for experienced players? New players? Is it cool after doing it 10000 times? Does it tax the server? Does it tax the client? How does this scale with Hybrids? How does it scale with pure builds? How does it feel to play against in PvP?" etc., etc.

Generally, if you post an idea and it doesn't make it into the game, I read it and I may have thought it was cool, but it's not feasible for any of the above reasons. We try to be really interactive with the community here at Trion, and as a result we're very open to taking player suggestions at face value and evaluating them for inclusion in the game. At the end of the day, though, even if your idea is great, it might not make it in for any of the reasons listed above. And that's ok! It's not a negative reflection on you or your idea, but it is just going to happen sometimes.

Closed Thread
Page 117 of 117 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 113 114 115 116 117