Closed Thread
Page 101 of 117 FirstFirst ... 51 91 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1751
Like Tree743Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Mage Update: 3.2

Quote Originally Posted by ETI View Post
    Actually for me in live gear 61 already parses +- the same as 54. Add raid cooldowns here and it will most probably pull ahead.

Still 54 is more of an AFKbinger(or a reaver).So even a 10 year old could play it at 95% of efficiency.
    Let's not kid ourselves into thinking that 61 harb is any harder. Pressing EA at the same time as Lava Field and not needing to make any changes in your rotation does not qualify as more challenging for me.

I also you think you are doing something wrong if you are parsing higher in 61 on a dummy but then again I haven't tested since the last PTS build so maybe it has changed.
    Kerghann@Zaviel
    #1 Ninja puller/quitter #1 Flaring Powah User
    Who even knows/9 MoM
    YouTube Channel!

Could you post a link to that build?

Quote Originally Posted by Alastair View Post
    Could you post a link to that build?
    54 Harbinger, 14 Stormcaller, 8 Chloromancer

With the change to global cooldown, I don't think Living Storm is worth using.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    54 Harbinger, 14 Stormcaller, 8 Chloromancer

With the change to global cooldown, I don't think Living Storm is worth using.
    Living storm was only worth it, because of charge needed, withering vine did way much more damage,but cant use that anymore tbh.

As for testing the 61 and 54, i cant really fully test it without a bard VoJ, as cant gain charge from fillers now in 54, and the charge added to EA doesn't work currently, so both specs are super charge drained really. But i think 61 may pull ahead of 54 now tbh, specially with raid CD's.

I don't understand why couldn't kept old stormbinger, then changed blade rush, phase step, reapers blade, and then just buffed damage on tempest winds, rending slash and EA, then that would of left stormbinger for the people that liked it, and a nice boost in 61 harb, as those are the 3 key abilities for 61.
    Tune lower part of tree for hybrids and upper tree for 61, if needed to nerf stormbinger, then just reduce damage on storm slash, and that then wouldn't nerf stormalist spec.

The Gamer Beans
    <Special Olympics>
    <StackOnEight>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    I'm not saying I'm great, Alfiexx is great.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1505
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Whatisausername View Post
    Please give 100% charge on swap . It literally has 0 repercussions and just allowed mages to not have to sit for 20 seconds - after every spec change - waiting to charge .
    It's a nontrivial thing to do. I can't just make it happen by changing a number somewhere, it requires a code change. I'd like to make it so you don't lose charge when you respec, but I can't do it myself and our programmers all have their own schedules to adhere to so I can't promise it'll happen.
    Jeff "Red Hawk" Hamilton
    Senior Systems Designer - Rift

Even if it were on the one year roadmap, it'd be pleasing to think about every time we switch specs!
    Last edited by detpack; 07-02-2015 at 10:09 AM.

Having Empyrean Ascension grant 100 Charge was a bad idea, even if it worked.
    It might give you 100% up time on Charged Blade, but you could of had 100 Charge before you used Empyrean Ascension.

Making Empyrean Ascension reduces the Charge cost for Charge consuming abilities by 100% would be so much better.

It would affect Charged Blade, Planar Shield, Internalize Charge, Contaminate, Bone Frenzy, Elemental Forces, Icicle, Glacial Spike, Icy Fury and Hailstorm.

So it guarantees 100% up time on Charged Blade, you will be able to use both Icicle & Hailstorm (if Hailstorm sadly hasn't been moved yet), all the Slash attacks you want and at the end of Empyrean Ascension you still have 100 Charge.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 07-02-2015 at 10:30 AM.
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    It's a nontrivial thing to do. I can't just make it happen by changing a number somewhere, it requires a code change. I'd like to make it so you don't lose charge when you respec, but I can't do it myself and our programmers all have their own schedules to adhere to so I can't promise it'll happen.
    I mean, we have charge gain with abilities, can we add +charge code to switching souls? Maybe im over simplifying it..

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Blakehavok View Post
    I mean, we have charge gain with abilities, can we add +charge code to switching souls? Maybe im over simplifying it..
    Adds a lot of processing power tax to the server instead of just having charge carry over.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Better right than laggy...

Even so, I can only imagine what it would feel like to switch specs for the first time with full charge instead of having to scramble to conjure something up. Mages everywhere would breath a sigh of relief!
    Last edited by detpack; 07-02-2015 at 10:32 AM.

Actually for me in live gear 61 already parses +- the same as 54. Add raid cooldowns here and it will most probably pull ahead.
    Not seeing any difference in damage, so losing that 1s gcd has made 54 = 61.
    You don't use Living Storm or Withering Vine.

So even with Flaring Power there won't be any difference in how much total damage they deal.

Still 54 is more of an AFKbinger.So even a 10 year old could play it at 95% of efficiency.
    Oh and 54 is exactly the same rotation as 61, just one button less; though you could even put Empyrean Ascension into the spam macro.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 07-02-2015 at 11:30 AM.
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Could you say something regarding this? And probably the rest of the post too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    This is what we need from EA:
    • Burst
    • Enough damage to make us want to get it
    • Complexity
    • Critical hits
    Harbinger needs something so it doesn't fall flat in PvP or during burst phase in PvE.
    20% damage isn't exactly what I'd call a burst...
    and making it last 20 seconds may make it more wanted in PvE but it's utterly worthless in PvP.
    Last edited by Snap; 07-02-2015 at 12:42 PM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiexx View Post
    Living storm was only worth it, because of charge needed, withering vine did way much more damage,but cant use that anymore tbh.
    Afaik Living Storm tooltip is not reflecting dmg the skill does over 16s but 10s, so you have to do (Dmg LS)/10*16 to have the right tooltip. (Redhawk btw this need a fix)

So for me Living Storm > WV.

There has to be some type of bribe that can be given to get one of these good people to stay a little late at the office one day.

A few Ideas ;

Bring cookies to the office !!!

Offer to wash his / her vehicle !!!

Give them your parking spot for a week !!!

I never que wfs in premades, but would be willing to pocket heal said individual for a few wfs as my part of the bribe !!!!

All kidding aside this would be a awesome change for mages and would be totally worth the time put in !
    Would also love to actually rez with charge, since most of the time in wfs you rez already in combat and needing to expose yourself to the enemy to regain it is lame.
    Open World PVP !
    Seastone = Beststone ! Seastone + YOU = Good Times !

I'd be willing to tip any dev that makes 100% charge between specs happen via Paypal.
    Abhor@Greybriar

Closed Thread
Page 101 of 117 FirstFirst ... 51 91 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 111 ... LastLast