+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Arcanist's Shield Transmogrify Working as Intended?

Default Arcanist's Shield Transmogrify Working as Intended?

I am wondering what the chance is for Arcanist's Shield to transmogrify two targets at once. As a Dom in pvp at least, I am not seeing it working at all. Is anyone else getting a good proc rate for this, or is it not worth using?
    ~Belisama

Soulwalker

I think you misunderstand what the mastery does. The shield does not actually transmogrify people for you. The mastery just allows you to transmogrify two targets at once... much like the old storm legion dom crystal did.

You can transmog 2 people at a time. Bit you hace to make sure that the target can be affected by stuns and debilitates. Whenever someone gets stunned or debilitated (and equivalentes) they get a red dizzy head icon to the right of their hp bar (little hp bar, not portrait). That means theyre inmune to stuns for 5 or 10 secs i cant remember. Same for roots but is a blue foot icon.
    Maybe that's the reason it isnt working in some targets.
    Illuyanka@Greybriar-Mage
    Ixxtab@Greybriar-Rogue
    Mets@Greybriar-Cleric
    Antaikolon@Greybriar-Warrior
    CODE FOR FREE STUFF FOR NEWBIES: PRR9NF2PG2NXQ77KDDJQ

Quote Originally Posted by Illuyanka View Post
    You can transmog 2 people at a time. Bit you hace to make sure that the target can be affected by stuns and debilitates.
    I do understand the mastery. I also understand how transmog works. I don't believe either of you understand what I'm asking.

My question is related to the proc rate. The mastery states there is a "chance" to transmog two people instead of one.While using transmogrify in PVP conditions, I am not experiencing it actually working as intended. There is also no range stated on the mastery to indicate how close two targets must be to each other in order for transmogrify to squirrel them both.

I am asking the community, and perhaps the devs, to weigh in on if this mastery is working as intended and how often they see the proc.
    ~Belisama

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team

Hi there,

There is no proc component to the Transmogrify effect of Arcanist's Shield. As long as you have the mastery selected, the maximum number of targets you can keep Transmogrified simultaneously is increased to two, up from one. Without the mastery, if you transmogrify a second target, your first target will be freed. With the mastery, if you transmogrify a second target, your first target will remain transmogrified.

This effect is entirely unrelated to the absorb shield that can also be applied to you by this mastery.

Hope that helps clear up your question!

Phs

Arcanist's Shield
    * Critical hits with damaging and healing abilities apply an absorbing shield to you, and your pet, absorbing damage up to 3% of your Maximum Health. Can occur up to once every 6s.
    * Transmogrify can affect up to 2 enemies at a time.
    No mention of 'chance', even on the crit shield. Where's this confusion coming from is the next question.

The mastery does exactly what the old synergy crystal did. In fact it was put there specifically because of the change in the way synergy crystals are designed.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 02-19-2015 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    Hi there,

There is no proc component to the Transmogrify effect of Arcanist's Shield. As long as you have the mastery selected, the maximum number of targets you can keep Transmogrified simultaneously is increased to two, up from one. Without the mastery, if you transmogrify a second target, your first target will be freed. With the mastery, if you transmogrify a second target, your first target will remain transmogrified.

This effect is entirely unrelated to the absorb shield that can also be applied to you by this mastery.

Hope that helps clear up your question!
    Ah I see, so it does not Transmogrify two people at once. That was how I was interpreting it. Thanks for clearing up the confusion.
    Last edited by Azuli; 02-20-2015 at 10:07 AM.
    ~Belisama

+ Reply to Thread