+ Reply to Thread

Thread: i need help with mage dps build

Telaran

Default i need help with mage dps build

i used the game template called flamecaller for my dps..the aoe is not great but st is good..but during runing expert dungeon i have seen mages with great aoe and equal or even better st than me,,they turn into shadow things,several of them and they hit hard..what is that soul?? and what is their build??
    what is the best mage dps build generally??
    thanks for your help.

RIFT Guide Writer

You are probably seeing people run Necro, or the SC/Necro hybrid. Both are solid dungeon builds and have good guides here on the forums. Personally I recommend Necro for experts, if you already know pyro, as it has some nice utility, can be used for trash and bosses, and puts up respectable numbers. Also, instead of using the flame caller preset check out the quick pyromancer guide BurningAlways put up. It is a good starting point for learning the advanced aspects of pyro.

Rift Disciple

You were either seeing 61 dominators or stormcaller/dominator hybrids, neither one is particularly efficient for experts. If you wanna crush experts you should use 61 stormcaller for trash and swap to 61 pyro for ST. There's a few fights that would make other specs (SC/harb; stormlock) better, but if you at least have the first 2 you'll be a welcome asset in any group (assuming you learn to play them). You can find all the info in the guides section.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity View Post
    You were either seeing 61 dominators or stormcaller/dominator hybrids, neither one is particularly efficient for experts. If you wanna crush experts you should use 61 stormcaller for trash and swap to 61 pyro for ST. There's a few fights that would make other specs (SC/harb; stormlock) better, but if you at least have the first 2 you'll be a welcome asset in any group (assuming you learn to play them). You can find all the info in the guides section.
    Thanks man, it has been so long since I saw domi in a dungeon, I had forgotten about it. You are definitely right.

+ Reply to Thread