+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Shmorezilla
  • 1 Post By Acelsg
  • 1 Post By Red Hawk

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Mass Grave and Empty the Crypts

Telaran

Default Mass Grave and Empty the Crypts

• First things first, I want to thank the devs for finally giving Necro some love.
    • I know this question has been asked again and again for a long time now and I write this again in hope that our new dev, Red Hawk, would see this and may consider it a subject to change or revamp. ^^

I always wanted a class that uses summoning spells or minions to attack my opponent rather than just the traditional mage that pew pews. I know there are other games that have those but were playing rift here and in Rift Necromancers do that for me.

In a different point of view these summoning spells are nothing more than a DoT illusion in the form of minions attacking my enemy but who cares I like seeing an army be it undead or other racing towards opponent and mowing them down.

More or less I still have Warlock as a playable class but I hope this would be considered.

These are the things I hope Red Hawk would consider.
    1. Hope you would consider changing both these spell into one spell.
      • They both have the same idea of summoning an undead horde.
      • Both have under powered dps
      • Since both have low damage casting them on separate occasion is a dps loss.
    2. When you read a 1 minute cd dps skill first thing comes to mind is burst damage.
      • Both abilities are one min but the damage seems to scale to a 20-30 sec cd skill.
    3. Lastly hope you would consider changing where the minions are being summoned. We have our horde only for 15 seconds. When they spawn, they spawn right besides us and thus having a dps loss for them to run from our location to where our enemies are. In PvE its a dps loss and in PvP is = facepalm watching them trying and failing to chase other players.

Last edited by Shmorezilla; 01-30-2015 at 07:53 AM.

Rift Disciple

Now that Possession lost that 2 GCD thingy, Id say buff Possession too please! I use the Shadow Revenant exclusively and the dps lost is just... sad.

More could be done for the Necromancer. Just dont tweak it like halfway...

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Rift Team

I agree that Mass Grave and Empty the Crypts could stand to feel more whelming! Necro will also probably see a push to better reward players for casting Plague Bolt on targets affected by Corpse Explosion - we like the gameplay that mechanic has generated, but I think we landed on the low side of numerical tuning for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    we like the gameplay that mechanic has generated, but I think we landed on the low side of numerical tuning for it.
    Sorry what tuning after it was released onto PTS?

The Gamer Beans
    <Special Olympics>
    <StackOnEight>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    I'm not saying I'm great, Alfiexx is great.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiexx View Post
    Sorry what tuning after it was released onto PTS?
    They did some more boosts to corpse explosion, soul purge, and one other spell that came out weak with the initial overhaul.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Shadowlander

I think the two summoning cds are really "necroisch" but weak thats right. How about adding something to them when they end, like a strong dot or a debuff.
    Maybe give the Necro some buffs for using his deathly calling stacks, summoning a second minion in change for them. Bring back Death's Grasp and change it to a dmg proc.

Maybe it would be usefull to let Bone Frenzy use less load, most of the time you cant use Lich Form very long if you want to keep Bone Frenzy on cd.

The new Corpse Explosion playstyle is really fun btw.

Plane Walker

Or instead of increasing damage, they could come off cooldown faster. Would be fun if enemy deaths or corpse explosion detonations advanced the undead cooldowns by 5 seconds.
    Mantissa@Greybriar 7/8 raid tiers cleared <Rekt>

RIFT Guide Writer

I just feel like the two CDs need to be epic. I mean, look at the other 1m CDs. Empyrean turns into steel angel that, while not actually epic DPS, is visually awesome. Perfect Storm drops every AE like a tactical nuke and basically combines all their graphics. Warlocks get a big-***-ton damage boost. Heatwave, Fusillade, and FV all hit like trucks or turn you into a machine gun.

I mean, in comparison to these spells that are either visually awesome, pretty damn lethal, or alter gameplay, MG and EtC are way underwhelming because they provide none of the above.

They have basically zero interaction whatsoever with Necro procs or buffs and they don't even really provide enough damage to justify using them over just having more uptime on Lich Form.

I mean, damn it but MG's best use is for freaking Aid the Master from range pet before possessing the melee for a slightly bigger DPS spike. If you're already using the range pet, there isn't anything hugely beneficial from MG.

Just feels like there needs to be something suitably awesome besides possession. Either a high damage spell or something graphically appealing that isn't barely a DPS gain.

Ooh, maybe combine MG + EtC into one spell, consume no charge, and benefit from Bone Frenzy and proc Epidemic? Would count as enough of a powerful skill in one package to be worth noticing.
    Last edited by evantide; 02-09-2015 at 12:51 AM.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Phs

Empty the Crypt Shamblers should explode when they die. When they explode AOE where ever they are / removing stacks of Deathly Calling and doing more damage based on removed amount. Then leave a dot on whatever they hit that increases the damage they take for a couple gcds. Is that exciting enough q:

Exploding death pets is cool and you know it.
    Last edited by Phs; 02-09-2015 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phs View Post
    Empty the Crypt Shamblers should explode when they die. When they explode AOE where ever they are / removing stacks of Deathly Calling and doing more damage based on removed amount. Then leave a dot on whatever they hit that increases the damage they take for a couple gcds. Is that exciting enough q:

Exploding death pets is cool and you know it.
    I like this change for EtC, although I'm not a fan of it removing the stacks of Deathly Calling. Explosion damage could still multiply with DC stacks though.

How about this idea for Mass Grave, have it create 2 exact copies of your active pet at it's current location.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpax View Post
    How about this idea for Mass Grave, have it create 2 exact copies of your active pet at it's current location.
    perfect :-)

PS : let the parasite lay an egg to set the parasite dot again when he dies, let soulpurge refresh necrosis, so it gets a use in the rota.

Necromancer is such a great soul with lots of potential for cool ideas :-)
    Last edited by Malfallax; 02-09-2015 at 09:29 AM.

Rift Disciple

I have to agree with most of this. I really like the feel that necro has right now, since most of it's damage cooldowns are based on summoning swarms of dudes instead of just blasting huge numbers. It's unique, it's incredibly thematic, and it's a different enough dps mechanic that it could probably find a niche to fill in endgame PvE, even if it's just a very small one.

Skills like Parasite, Empty the Crypts, and Mass Grave are all really interesting abilities that help necro stand out as a soul choice, and I hope that any future necromancer changes take this into account.

+ Reply to Thread