+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3.1 Necromancer Bugs

Default 3.1 Necromancer Bugs

Did a lot of testing on the Necromancer rework last night and found some interesting bugs.

1. Possession despawns ALL pets you have currently, not just your Skeletal Zealot. This means if you use Empty the Crypts and Mass Grave followed by Possession immediately after, all those pets you just summoned will be despawned. I realise that this is not the optimal way of playing the spec but this cannot be intended.

2. When your Possession is coming to an end, you can still be channeling Master's Rage and when this happens your pet will reappear during the channel. The thing is, your pet reappears out of combat and stands their like a mug and doesn't attack until you finish your channel and cast a new ability or manually use pet attack during the channel. Not exactly game breaking but kinda annoying.

3. This one is my favorite and actually has potential for abuse. If you are using the Mental Cynosure mastery and cast Loyal Minion, you will constantly cleanse yourself for the next 30 seconds or so. For some reason, Mental Cynosure keeps reapplying itself over and over again. There is no obvious reason ( no buffs that last the same time of the application).
    Kerghann@Zaviel
    #1 Ninja puller/quitter #1 Flaring Powah User
    Who even knows/9 MoM
    YouTube Channel!

Forgot to add:

4. Whilst in Possession form, Scourge Bolt doesn't reduce the cooldown of Ethereal Blast.
    Kerghann@Zaviel
    Who even knows/9 MoM
    YouTube Channel!

Phs

Quote Originally Posted by Hababa View Post
    Did a lot of testing on the Necromancer rework last night and found some interesting bugs.

1. Possession despawns ALL pets you have currently, not just your Skeletal Zealot. This means if you use Empty the Crypts and Mass Grave followed by Possession immediately after, all those pets you just summoned will be despawned. I realise that this is not the optimal way of playing the spec but this cannot be intended.
    That first one is intended

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Possession now adds the new abilities to the temp ability bar and no longer replaces your ability bars. (similar to how EA works on Harbinger)
    For this latest update it still despawns your pet while Possession is active and blocks summon abilities from being cast.

I wanted to go with a smaller change to Possession with this pass and so left it despawning the pet. Having it leave the pet active is still on the table, but I want to look into some other changes and see how things work out before changing Possession to that extent.
    Unless that was meant to have changed since? I dont remember anything about it.
    Last edited by Phs; 01-29-2015 at 03:08 AM.

I mean it despawns all your zombies and other minions that come from Empty The Crypts and Mass Grave. The tooltip reads that you possess your summoned pet (in this instance Skeletal Zealot). In the post you linked, Kervik only says that despawning the pet you possess is what is intended, he makes no mention of the other minions.

Even if this is intended, I really struggle to understand why they would want it to work like that.
    Last edited by Hababa; 01-29-2015 at 03:15 AM. Reason: typo
    Kerghann@Zaviel
    Who even knows/9 MoM
    YouTube Channel!

Phs

I was assuming "Blocks summon abilities" covered all the other minion spells.

Ah, I understand what you mean now. I would assume that meant you couldn't summon during possession, not despawning minions you already had summoned beforehand. I still think it's a bug .
    Kerghann@Zaviel
    Who even knows/9 MoM
    YouTube Channel!

I think the necromancer in raids will still is not claimed

Sword of Telara

can we have a 35m purge pls, atm its the only skill that isnt getting the range increase from healing exigency mastery. essence link has already been fixed.

possession is hardly a dps increase for st, pls remove it or buff it.

Rift Disciple

I'm not sure if its intended or a bug, But whilst in possession, now that i have my normal bars n all I can cast instants or consume procs.
    So one thing that got my attention is the fact that my necro skills dont share GCD's with my possession skills - ergo i can refresh buffs and cast instants inbetween scourge bolts.
    Innito@Typhiria <Apotheosys>

4/4 RoF - W1 5/5 MS - W1 3/3 TF - W1 8/8 BoB - W3

Rift Disciple

The first two have always happened with Possession. Just make a keybind for pet attack or click the attack button on your pet bar while you are channeling and it should continue as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaezrael View Post
    The first two have always happened with Possession. Just make a keybind for pet attack or click the attack button on your pet bar while you are channeling and it should continue as normal.
    Yeah, this is what I did and it's a work around. I get that it must be quite confusing getting possessed but I shouldn't have to remind him to do his job!

As for normal abilities not sharing GCD with your possession abilities, that is quite interesting. If it works, you should be able to get more dps by alternating possession abilities and normal abilities.
    Kerghann@Zaviel
    Who even knows/9 MoM
    YouTube Channel!

Phs

Quote Originally Posted by Innov8ive View Post
    I'm not sure if its intended or a bug, But whilst in possession, now that i have my normal bars n all I can cast instants or consume procs.
    So one thing that got my attention is the fact that my necro skills dont share GCD's with my possession skills - ergo i can refresh buffs and cast instants inbetween scourge bolts.
    I guess that explains why macroing Scourge Bolt into main spam was some odd results. Mostly Hard casting Plague Bolt between Scourge ha.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hababa View Post
    Yeah, this is what I did and it's a work around. I get that it must be quite confusing getting possessed but I shouldn't have to remind him to do his job!

As for normal abilities not sharing GCD with your possession abilities, that is quite interesting. If it works, you should be able to get more dps by alternating possession abilities and normal abilities.
    If it does it could render masters rage useless on 1 target. considering you can pad while casting scourgebolts.
    Innito@Typhiria <Apotheosys>

4/4 RoF - W1 5/5 MS - W1 3/3 TF - W1 8/8 BoB - W3

Quote Originally Posted by Innov8ive View Post
    If it does it could render masters rage useless on 1 target. considering you can pad while casting scourgebolts.
    Possibly, the question is what ability you use in between Scourge Bolts when you don't have a Plague Bolt proc. It needs to be instant otherwise there's no point.
    Kerghann@Zaviel
    Who even knows/9 MoM
    YouTube Channel!

RIFT Guide Writer

You guys try 11 Lock, 4 SC as an alternative?

If what you're saying about possession is true, then you could weave DT, Necrosis, and Thunder Shocks between casts.

Also does this work with Melee Possession or strictly range only?
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast