+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree31Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Why force us to play classes other than that which we like??

Phs

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post

SC/Lock
    SC/Harb
    SC/Ele
    SC/Necro
    SC/Dom
    SC
    Pyro
    Warlock
    Chloro
    C/Harb
    Pyrochon
    Stormchon
    Harbichon
    Arbiter
    Dominator
    Necro
    Necro/Harb

The only thing worth complaining about is that all the SC Hybrids play similar.
    [ Locus + Living, Icicle > RS > Icicle, fill with hybrid's spells. ]
    Ok yes SCHarb is different and much more involved than that.
    But SCEle is no longer about Cycles,
    Dom/Chon is just the hybrids spells higher priority but still follow the SC rules,
    Lock/Necro/(prenerf)Arb all define the Locus, Living, Icicle, RS, Icicle, fill rotation.

It's boring.

Between Pyro and SCLock, SCDom, SCChon, SCEle, all being dull turrets. If it wasn't for Harbinger hybrids (Chon, SC) mage dps would be incredibly boring. #buffWarlock

Yes, mages nowadays have a huge variety of dps specs, so what? Mages are not the only class in the game. There are some viable hybrids in other classes as well, don't get me wrong, but they feel too rare as compared to 61s.

As for "normal" raid mode... I see no reason to dumb the content down. I like, for example, Ungolok fight - it's not really a dps check, people mostly fail to mechanics. If you want gear-wise easier raids just for the sake of raids, there are plenty of 60lvl T1-3 available. Some of them, though, will still wipe you if you're not precise with the mechanics. The only required implementation could be a new gear set that is a little bit better than NTE but worse than NT raid drops, and that would drop in the existing SL raids, so that 65lvl players doing them would feel that they progress somewhere. Here - a "normal" mode of raid with least effort. Hmm, though even less effort would be to make SL raids drop marks and fragments in small amounts...
    And if you want mechanics-free raids... well, I can only suggest zone bosses as the closest variant

This discussion got so derailed, I didn't even notice it was in mage forums xD

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    Just wait until it get nerfed and u get better gear then u have ur ez mode.
    Can someone please explain to me why tough hardcore kids never know how to spell properly?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by CKat View Post
    Can someone please explain to me why tough hardcore kids never know how to spell properly?
    gr8 b8 m8.
    i wonder how you manage to remain extremely angry and obnoxious in every single thread. its gotta take a lot of hard work to keep up that facade of yours.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by CKat View Post
    Because they are lazy, hide it and claim, that it's so cool to express like that... same thing as the "required highest dps-burst-outheal-support-spec" ever... Shortly: Because all cool kids do it^^
    Melandra @ Entity @ Zaviel
    A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
    - Lady Windermere's Fan [Oscar Wilde] -

SC/Necro, SC/Lock, SC/Dom, SC/Harb, SC/Ele, Harbichon, SC/Chon, Chloro/Harb, Harbiter, SC/Arb, NecroHarb, and Pyrochon all want to say hi.
    Niche builds, one and all.
    Last edited by Gualtiero; 01-30-2015 at 10:33 AM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Gualtiero View Post
    Niche builds, one and all.
    And all have been or can be used in raids on multiple different fights. in open world, in experts, in chronicles, PVP.

If you're saying a build is niche for being usable in over 95% of the game's contents, then I'd love to see a build that works at 100% efficiency everywhere.
    Last edited by evantide; 01-30-2015 at 10:42 AM.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Phs View Post
    The only thing worth complaining about is that all the SC Hybrids play similar.
    [ Locus + Living, Icicle > RS > Icicle, fill with hybrid's spells. ]
    Ok yes SCHarb is different and much more involved than that.
    But SCEle is no longer about Cycles,
    Dom/Chon is just the hybrids spells higher priority but still follow the SC rules,
    Lock/Necro/(prenerf)Arb all define the Locus, Living, Icicle, RS, Icicle, fill rotation.

It's boring.

Between Pyro and SCLock, SCDom, SCChon, SCEle, all being dull turrets. If it wasn't for Harbinger hybrids (Chon, SC) mage dps would be incredibly boring. #buffWarlock
    The original post quoted said 3/4 of the souls/hybrids are worthless. There is about nothing boredom in there.

The topic starter said that they're locked into Pyro for DPS. I just listed off 10 different DPS builds that are all applicable in raid fights, some falling behind and some being superior based on the exact fights.

If you can objectively define boredom in a way that applies to a majority of the player base, then you'd have an argument to stand on.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Sword of Telara

The original post quoted said 3/4 of the souls/hybrids are worthless. There is about nothing boredom in there.

The topic starter said that they're locked into Pyro for DPS. I just listed off 10 different DPS builds that are all applicable in raid fights, some falling behind and some being superior based on the exact fights.

If you can objectively define boredom in a way that applies to a majority of the player base, then you'd have an argument to stand on.
    not long time ago our only dps options were warlock, warlock and warlock for quite some time. and now ppl complain that many hybrids are too similar and even want to nerf sc for that. i dont get it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5