+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Illuyanka

Thread: Looking for creative, fun and useful build

Default Looking for creative, fun and useful build

I have a ton of secs on my mage, which include Arbiter, Chloro, Pyro, Lock, Harb, Pyrochon, Stormcaller, Arbinator and more recently, "Soulstorm", since they made callbiter crap wth the soothing waters change.

The soulstorm is somewhat useful, but I don't like i that much. I find it a little boring. Has anyone found a fun and useful build? If it includes elementalist or necro pet mechanics even better.
    Illuyanka@Greybriar-Mage
    Ixxtab@Greybriar-Rogue
    Mets@Greybriar-Cleric
    Antaikolon@Greybriar-Warrior
    CODE FOR FREE STUFF FOR NEWBIES: PRR9NF2PG2NXQ77KDDJQ

Soulwalker

Fun and useful for what?

For ST DPS, for AOE DPS, for soloing, for Supporting?

Personally I love my 61 Arb spec for one reason: Point-to-point. I don't use it for anything other than when someone falls off a cliff somewhere or to get someone up on one of the challenges (like the ship achievement thingy in Draumheim.) It's virtually useless outside of point-to-point for fun, but hey, it's fun when goofing around!

Also don't knock 61 Necro. The 30% damage mitigation for your tank is incredibly useful, but your DPS is crap. (I've heard that there's a buff incoming, but that's not here yet.) I use it on public DRRs where 15k DPS won't be missed but the damage mitigation will be welcomed.

For a DPS/healing Hybrid, I've heard good things about the current state of Harb/Chloro. Though I'm not sure how far into each tree is optimal right now. I had one back in Storm Legion and it was hilarious to see the healer doing near top DPS while also being the only healer.

For pure DPS, you might try the Stormlock, Stormnecro (Soulstorm in the guides section), or Stormchon. Well, Stormchon is also utility, but it seems to put out a decent amount of DPS, so long as you never need to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Deemo View Post
    Fun and useful for what?

For ST DPS, for AOE DPS, for soloing, for Supporting?

Personally I love my 61 Arb spec for one reason: Point-to-point. I don't use it for anything other than when someone falls off a cliff somewhere or to get someone up on one of the challenges (like the ship achievement thingy in Draumheim.) It's virtually useless outside of point-to-point for fun, but hey, it's fun when goofing around!

Also don't knock 61 Necro. The 30% damage mitigation for your tank is incredibly useful, but your DPS is crap. (I've heard that there's a buff incoming, but that's not here yet.) I use it on public DRRs where 15k DPS won't be missed but the damage mitigation will be welcomed.

For a DPS/healing Hybrid, I've heard good things about the current state of Harb/Chloro. Though I'm not sure how far into each tree is optimal right now. I had one back in Storm Legion and it was hilarious to see the healer doing near top DPS while also being the only healer.

For pure DPS, you might try the Stormlock, Stormnecro (Soulstorm in the guides section), or Stormchon. Well, Stormchon is also utility, but it seems to put out a decent amount of DPS, so long as you never need to move.
    I think you mean 61 archon. I find it a little boring except for point to point..
    As of your first question, useful for anything, since I play all roles, pvp, pve and do pretty much everything.

And btw, necro's link is only 15% now.
    Illuyanka@Greybriar-Mage
    Ixxtab@Greybriar-Rogue
    Mets@Greybriar-Cleric
    Antaikolon@Greybriar-Warrior
    CODE FOR FREE STUFF FOR NEWBIES: PRR9NF2PG2NXQ77KDDJQ

Telaran

Personally, I enjoy harbinger. I noticed you don't have harbchon or stormbinger. For fun, you can go for older builds like necrobinger (outdated) and pyrobinger (even older and the pyro rework changed some stuff). If your tank is overgeared, consider 44chloro/32harb for a bit of a healing challenge in experts.

Plane Walker

Dominator has a long list of creative uses, lots of players overlook it because the benefits it provides don't excel on x-per-second meters. but it's probably the top soul in the game for preventing enemy damage from happening to you.
    Mantissa@Greybriar 7/8 raid tiers cleared <Rekt>

+ Reply to Thread