+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Chloro: the New reality

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post
    With the new changes to HP and tank HP scaling, it's highlighted in early NMT, especially as fresh geared 65's in experts. However with gear upgrades by tank/heals, this problem NEARLY dissipates.
    7 out of 10 times of the PUG/LFG tanks Ive encountered at Empyrean Core will drop to the trash mobs just before the Mad doctor when a chloromancer is healing alone. Ive also tried healing with the chloromancer with fully upgraded epic expert gear and it still really comes down to how many CDs the tank has to prevent himself from dropping to sudden damage spikes...

Quote Originally Posted by Acelsg View Post
    7 out of 10 times of the PUG/LFG tanks Ive encountered at Empyrean Core will drop to the trash mobs just before the Mad doctor when a chloromancer is healing alone. Ive also tried healing with the chloromancer with fully upgraded epic expert gear and it still really comes down to how many CDs the tank has to prevent himself from dropping to sudden damage spikes...
    The answer is CC
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    The answer is CC
    Blaming obvious class imbalance on lack of cc is stupid.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Dynalon View Post
    Right. But chloro is fine. Puri and Physician are a little op with so many shields AND heals. Do you really want to go down the road of getting buffed, then nerfed, repeat ad infinitum?

I'd say a little tuning on some of the damage the mobs do will make everything easier. Tanks wouldn't lose 3/4 of their health in one blow, Chloro's wouldn't be smashing 32 buttons like a crazy person, clerics can go back to healing with sent if they want, and physician will still be op.
    You can find me on Deepwood. Playing Rift too.

Albedina - 65 mage
    Erodthemighty - 65 warrior
    Makion -65 rogue

Some good news from the 3.0 Bugs/QoL/Suggestions thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Hey all,

Quick update with some of the changes/fixes I've got in so far:
    • Fixed an issue where Warlock’s Contaminate was reducing the Charge cost of the Dominator’s Lightning Wall to 0.
    • Updated the description of Final Breath to help clarify how the Mastery works.
    • Updated the stacking priorities for Archon Auras. They shouldn't be overwritten by other buffs anymore.
    • Boon of Life stacks now also affect Healing Torrent.
    • Natural Conversion is no longer affected by the global cooldown.
    • Reduced the cooldown of Living Shell to 1 minute and the duration to 15s. Living Shell is no longer affected by the global cooldown.

Alternately for Living Shell, I could pull the mana regen from it and reduce the cooldown further to 30s. I'm planning on looking further at Soothing Waters tomorrow, so there may be an update there as well.
    If you have any suggestion you'd want to make regarding chloro healing, do go ahead and make your voice heard on that thread, Kervick as been paying very close attention to it and we got some of our most wanted QoL changes for chloro!
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Champion of Telara

If you purge the little guys or stun them your tank will not take nearly as much damage. A silence to keep the big guy from casting keeps them from running off. Also the thank can still yank them when a name is called (once). Getting enough AE dps to drop them is also key.

If your support\dps is doing more than measuring their epeens on the dps meter those mobs while still highly tuned are not a death sentence.

They were designed around CC in mind. Sorry.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    They were designed around CC in mind. Sorry.
    that is the issue. chloro is working fine but other heal specs just can ignore most/all the "mechanics".

imagine neddras essence would have a 15s cd and you could ignore most of the mechanics as a dps, everyone would cry its completely op.

for a healer its ok to put shields on everything and not having to care about the rest.
    shields either need a longer cd, only absorb 50% of damage or should be smaller.

The issues with chloro have nothing to do with it's healing ability, and everything to do with it having no shields.

HPS? No one can touch a chloro that knows what he's doing. But with such high spike damage in experts and raids, being able to stack 100k shields on the tank > hps.

Of course that being said, put a chloro and a puri/phys on a tank in raids, and you pretty much have an invincible tank.

Chloro's aren't desired as SOLO healers, IE experts, they can heal experts just fine, but it can get a little dicey, it's mostly a problem of our mechanics being so vastly different than EVERY other healing class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

Fik
    Rift Chaser

All the same faces in here battling the chloro being fine. I'll agree with you on that if you believe this level of difficulty is where it should be. Making the encounters as challenging as possible is a good idea, and it's going to make it fun for longer. But with the stage the other healers are at, they're already grinding these runs after a week in from release. That doesn't appear to be working well...

You're all dreaming if you think they'll nerf the other heal souls.

Soulwalker

OK I have a few comments and questions.

I have included a few more damage abilities in my rotation. Void Life etc. is not sufficient. ( and thank-you to those who implied damage needed to be upped.) I have also ceased cleansing a lot of the tank ones. The assassin bleed is deadly on the tank but I am now striving to outheal it rather than cleanse it as it gets reapplied immediately. Obviously, group cleanses and movement impairing ones need to be cleansed.

Please remember some of us are still wearing some blue gear and we cannot have ideal gear optimization.

My question is in regards to the stats for this expansion. I see most of the mage gear with spell power and spell critical hit. Stat weight suggests Crit power is more valuable than spell crit hit. I believe now that Chloro needs more Crit to heal LBV. I cannot find information on min/max crit level. As my gear gets better I want to make informed choices.
    Does anyone have some info? Or is Spell Crit Hit that important?
    My current Crit is 1040 and spell Crit hit is over 5000.

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by tigge View Post
    OK I have a few comments and questions.

I have included a few more damage abilities in my rotation. Void Life etc. is not sufficient. ( and thank-you to those who implied damage needed to be upped.) I have also ceased cleansing a lot of the tank ones. The assassin bleed is deadly on the tank but I am now striving to outheal it rather than cleanse it as it gets reapplied immediately. Obviously, group cleanses and movement impairing ones need to be cleansed.

Please remember some of us are still wearing some blue gear and we cannot have ideal gear optimization.

My question is in regards to the stats for this expansion. I see most of the mage gear with spell power and spell critical hit. Stat weight suggests Crit power is more valuable than spell crit hit. I believe now that Chloro needs more Crit to heal LBV. I cannot find information on min/max crit level. As my gear gets better I want to make informed choices.
    Does anyone have some info? Or is Spell Crit Hit that important?
    My current Crit is 1040 and spell Crit hit is over 5000.

Thanks for your help.
    Crit power around 800-1k > SP > Spell Crit.

Void life is a filler inbetween your spike heals such as NT, CS, Ruin, Bloom. It will not be enough to heal a tank without using well-timed burst heals.

Entropic veil is a difference maker, make sure you have highest uptime as possible.

You are correct about cleanses, I never cleanse unless I know I could get away with the GCD. Cleanses will get ppl killed, the dots don't hurt enough to merit the GCD.

I did world first experts under 24 hours after 3.0 launched wearing chronicle greens, crafted blues, and quest blues. It is not because I am SO AMAZING, it is because myself and my tank worked together to coordinate cooldowns between one another to ensure that he did not die, as well as ensure that the dps/support in the group were using their purges/cc effectively to minimize the damage being done to the tank. Never be afraid to rift tomb a mob out of the way if damage gets to be too high.

Solo healing NT experts at entry level gear is not easy and it will be challenging. Enjoy every moment of it, soon enough you will be out-gearing the content and snoozing through experts, wishing there was a challenge still.

Soulwalker

Thanks Deew your answers are appreciated.

I am learning.. feeling frustrated at times hence the post. There is no other class that has to say ... "" okay guys I need tank cd coordination and cc and heal support..." are you kidding? Can you see cleric, warriors or rogue heals asking for this?

This is why so many chloro are saying .. enough. Fortunately I have a quest/guild buddy helping me as support in experts when I needed it. Now as long as the tank is not too reckless I can get the job done.

At this point in the journey I feel I am now a better chloro than when I started out but.. there is no longer an awesome flow of continuous heals as a chloro. It is usually a mad finger smashing exercise to accomplish the deed. Fun and challenging for some. Game ending for others. I still love healing as a chloro and will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    Chloro's aren't desired as SOLO healers, IE experts, they can heal experts just fine, but it can get a little dicey, it's mostly a problem of our mechanics being so vastly different than EVERY other healing class.
    It has nothing to do with that and everything to do with their failure to adjust shielding base values and scaling when they adjusted down HP pool scaling. Shielding has become absurdly overpowered, and so Purifier and to a lesser extent Physician have become the choice tank healers.

Chloro is by no means in a bad spot -- it's still the choice raid healer -- but the paradigm has shifted significantly towards shielding, and shielding was already superior to healing. They need to address the issue sooner or later because if things continue apace they're going to have to design raid bosses to hit tanks for 100% of their health to make them take damage through the absurd amounts of shielding that are now possible.

It doesn't help that shielding has proliferated so far beyond Purifier: tanks and even support souls can pile them up, not to mention those from Masteries, and while they're not individually that powerful, they do add up, especially when combined with Puri and Phys.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 12-07-2014 at 08:29 PM.

Shadowlander

you people are crazy, the issue is not chloro its bad tanks and bad players not moving out of stuff and not purging or interrupting. as a chloro i have no issues healing fast runs or pugs. only times ive had people die is when they try to get carried with blue and green gear and i usually just let them die because no one carried me and im not carrying anyone else. but yea all you bad players out there stop blaming chloro and take a look at yourself

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast