Update - 17 december 2014: Added to bug - Maelstrom Crystal not increasing Lightning Arc damage or Tempest Armor's Living Storm proc when gaining Electrify stack. Contaminate from warlock affect certain abilities on both their DoT and instant damage components, also some abilities are affected or not by it when they should or shouldn't be. See in warlock bugs for more info on most of the abilities affected.
Update - 16 december 2014: Changes to necro and dominator announced by Kervick on page 9. Changed this post to reflect the changes. Also added a QoL change in general for Harbinger and Necromancer.
Update - 12 december 2014: I have gone back through the 8 first pages of this thread and updated this post with most of the suggestions, bugs and revamp ideas.
Keep the suggestions coming and please do tell me if anything in this post should be changed.
Additional update - 12 december 2014: Added Haunting Pain to the bug list.
Green - Means that the change was implemented, fixed or a change was made and waiting to see how it affect the mage.
Yellow - Confirmed by several mages and waiting for confirmation from Trion.
Red - Need confirmation from the players as well as Trion.
Bold text - Subject to change
Italic + Underlined text - Fixed or implemented
I believe it would be a good thing to have a compendium of all the current bugs as well as the suggestions and Quality of Life changes that the mage community would like to be implemented.
If you want to mention a bug or propose a suggestion or Quality of Life change you believe should be implemented, please post in this thread with as much information as you can. If possible, a link to a thread talking about it.
If you believe one of the bug, suggestion or Quality of Life change in the lists are out of place or should be removed, please post in this thread with the reason why it should be removed.
Please do refrain from derailing the thread as much as possible and hopefully we can make the best out of this.
- Soothing Waters not healing for the good amount - Fixed - Link to Kervick post
- Crystalline Shield not applying correctly on a Killing Blow - Fixed? - Link to Kervick post
- PvP healing reduction happening in PvE - Waiting for confirmation - Link to thread
- Haunting Pain damage is reduced by the Calculated Annihilation mastery. Haunting Pain is a casted ability and should have it's damage increased by this mastery. - Fixed
- Greater Earth Elemental threat and taunt not working as intended - Waiting for confirmation
- Blademark doesn't trigger on killing blow attacks - Waiting for confirmation
- Maelstrom crystal not applying to Lightning Arc and Tempest Armor's Living Storm proc. - Waiting for confirmation
- Void Wall, Lightning Wall, Volcanic Bomb, Reaper's Touch, Icy Carapace, Ignite, Storm Nova, Corrosive Spores, Vorpal Slash, and Lucent Slash have both their instant damage and DoT damage increased by Contaminate. Intended or not? Additionally, Living Storm, Grave Rot, Grasping Void and Oblivion aren't affected by Contaminate even though they are Damage Over Time abilities. Mana Wrench is also affected by Contaminate even though it is a channel ability. - Waiting for confirmation
Suggestions / Quality of Life changes
- Changing armor/resistance piercing talent into something more appealing to their relative soul. - Reason: The cost in points for the low benefit make them feel awkward and out of place.
- A way to have full charge on respawn or spec change. Alternatively, keep charge even when dead or when switching spec. - Reason: It's annoying to have 0 charge every time you switch spec or respawn in PvP.
- Empyrean Ascension and Possession to have a new main bar like Stealth instead of active abilities.
- Mana Aegis to have it's mana consumption changed or removed. - Reason: Since the mana pools havn't changed in Nightmare Tides, a boss can easily eat up to 90% of the mage mana and this problem will only get worse as we increase in tiers.
- Shared Agony to have it's range increased to 30m. Same for every other tanks intercept abilities. - Reason: Lack of range?
- Remove the need to attack in order to self buff. (Pillaging Stones in particular) - Reason: It's annoying!!!!!!!!
- Change the 58 and 61 points abilities - Suggestion(s) needed
- Change Leeching Flames to something else or remove it completely - Reason: It's useless!
- Change Exhilaration talent to something else. - Reason: It's useless!
- Waning Power to be made out of global cooldown. - Reason: It's a DPS decrease to use it with a global cooldown.
- Withering vines to be made ~30m radius - Reason: Insignificant on fight requiring too much range. - Waiting for feedback
- Living Shell to be made Out of Global - Reason: To give it a use, especially in PvP - Implemented
- Healing Torrent to be changed - Implemented - Healing Torrent now has its cast time reduced by Boon of Life stacks. Waiting to see how this affect the spell overall.
- Natural Conversion to be made Out of Global - Reason: To improve it's PvP usage. - Implemented
- Veils and Synthesis to be made off global cooldown - Reason: To allow us to switch faster, mainly for PvP.
- Wild Growth damage taken debuff radius to be made 30 meters, the snare radius can remain unchanged. - Reason: The chloro needs to get closer in order to apply the debuff which is very annoying.
- Bloom and Resurgence cooldowns to be changed to 8 seconds instead of 10 seconds - Reason: Improve PvP viability.
- Make Natural Healing applies a stack of Boons of Life - Reason: For PvP.
- Make Bloom instant baseline and change Healing Slipstream talent into a boost to Bloom (HoT or shield or splash heal like Healing Breath (Sentinel) or Urgent Care (Physician))
- Less emphasis on 2 minutes CD.
- Reclaim Elements to not sacrifice the pet. - Reason: I don't think I need to explain why.
- Increase Elementalist damage arbitrarily. - Suggestion(s) listed below
- Sudden Storm to also reduces Lightning Strike cast time by 50%/100%
- Elemental forces to be made 20 charges cost (Or the charge mechanic from it to be changed)
- Intensify Elements to be made a 1 minute CD.
- Volcanic Eruption is now a 30s CD and has damage scaled up accordingly.
- The option to not have the visual on every weapon buffs.
- Increase Harbinger damage arbitrarily. - Suggestion(s) needed
- Remove the Randomness of Eldritch Armor. - Reason: We all know the reason...
- Reduce the efficiency of Blademark or remove it. - Reason: Damage increase for Harbinger will now be justified.
- Putrify to be made off global cooldown. - Reason: It is too punishing to use this ability with a global cooldown. - Implemented
- Possession was made 1 minute CD and 15 seconds duration - Implemented
- Increase Necromancer damage arbitrarily. - See Evantide post for suggestions. Also see Deallia post for a list of suggestions.
- Cyclone to be made off the global cooldown. - Reason: Having it on global is annoying, take too much time to use and completely break the flow of Stormcaller.
- Sacrifice Life: Damage to be changed to Sacrifice Charge: Damage - Reason: The health cost was already very costly to warlock in Storm Legion, it is now even more damaging to the warlock in Nightmare Tide, it is high time for this ability to be made into a charge cost and not health cost.
- Empowered Darkness cost to be changed to 50 charge. - Reason: To allow warlock to be able to juggle with multiple defile.
- Phantom Stream to be made AoE on its DPS counterpart. - Reason: To provide more AoE options to the mage, Arcane Manipulation and Ethereal Blast already offering the single target option.
- Making level 64 mastery more impactful for chloromancer - See Evantide post for suggestion
This section is meant for semi-full/full revamp. I will only post link to the posts or thread on which the revamp is talked about in order to save space for this post.
The main purpose of this first post is for quick QoL changes, bugs fixes and quick changes to make mage life better overall. While we all want revamps to our specs, need must come before want, and what mages need right now is small changes to keep our class stable.
Necromancer revamp - Evantide
Necromancer could get a revamp and the changes Evantide is proposing doesn't change the soul at it's core and seems easier to implement than a full revamp. Many of the suggestion in this revamp idea can be looked at as single changes to make necromancer a more viable change sooner than later.
See Evantide post for the full revamp idea.
Necromancer revamp - Deallia
Lots of suggestions from Deallia on his/her post. This is more of a compilation of QoL changes than a revamp.
See Deallia post for the list of suggestions.
Chloromancer revamp - Dasmani
Goal: Increase viability of Chloromancer in PvP by reducing reliance on Veil heals and increasing self healing capability.
See Dasmani post for resume of the revamp idea.
See Dasmani thread for the full revamp idea.
Chloromancer revamp - Lokken
A third veil for PvP purpose. 2 targets healing.
See Lokken thread for the full revamp idea.