+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 75 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 59 ... LastLast
Like Tree193Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 3.0 Mage suggestions, QoL changes and bugs compendium

Quote Originally Posted by radiomaryja View Post
    That would be my guess. I can't see any other reason why CA would lower damage of cast time ability.
    Tested it and it's indeed bugged. Added it to the list thank you
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

After the change to Healing Torrent so that it is effected by Boon of Life, I started thinking about other skills that also might consume those stacks as well. It causes the Cholormancer to think and choose carefully which skill to use at the right moment.

That being said, I have two ideas: One for Natural Healing and one for Nature's Fury.

Natural Healing: Heals for X to Y plus Z for each stack of Boon of Life consumed.
    *This change allows Natural Healing to have some extra uses. It becomes as strong or stronger than Bloom and is balanced by the 1.5 second cast time. It can be used for spike damage, topping off other raid members when boss damage is low, or extra healing for Tanks.

Nature's Fury: Deals X to Y damage and an additional Z damage over 2 seconds. For each stack of Boon of Life consumed, increases the DoT duration by 2 seconds.
    *This changes let's Nature's Fury do some decent AoE damage while also doing some decent healing. Since each damage tick procs healing from the veils, there can constant healing from 4 sources for up to 12 seconds.

I already problems such as stack management and skill tree placement, but these are just some ideas to skills that don't see a lot of use.

I just realized I needed to clarify why Nature's Fury has a 2 second DoT.

Nature's Corrosion: Nature's Fury deals X% of it's damage over 2 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Soren13 View Post
    After the change to Healing Torrent so that it is effected by Boon of Life, I started thinking about other skills that also might consume those stacks as well. It causes the Cholormancer to think and choose carefully which skill to use at the right moment.

That being said, I have two ideas: One for Natural Healing and one for Nature's Fury.

Natural Healing: Heals for X to Y plus Z for each stack of Boon of Life consumed.
    *This change allows Natural Healing to have some extra uses. It becomes as strong or stronger than Bloom and is balanced by the 1.5 second cast time. It can be used for spike damage, topping off other raid members when boss damage is low, or extra healing for Tanks.

Nature's Fury: Deals X to Y damage and an additional Z damage over 2 seconds. For each stack of Boon of Life consumed, increases the DoT duration by 2 seconds.
    *This changes let's Nature's Fury do some decent AoE damage while also doing some decent healing. Since each damage tick procs healing from the veils, there can constant healing from 4 sources for up to 12 seconds.

I already problems such as stack management and skill tree placement, but these are just some ideas to skills that don't see a lot of use.
    One issue I saw, you assume that damage ticks proc healing from veils, this is not true. Dots only proc veils off initial tick. Corrosive spores and living storm are exceptions as they are not true dots, but instead they emit pulses of dmg every tick, which is what provides the healing per tick.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    One issue I saw, you assume that damage ticks proc healing from veils, this is not true. Dots only proc veils off initial tick. Corrosive spores and living storm are exceptions as they are not true dots, but instead they emit pulses of dmg every tick, which is what provides the healing per tick.
    Ahh thanks for the clarification. So if we scratch out that part, that means it procs only twice, once on the initial hit and one more for the first tick of the DoT. That equals up to 8 procs which still isn't bad I guess. I've also seen some older suggestions around the forums for Chloro like spreading Withering Vine with Nature's Fury and making Natural Healing instant.

Quote Originally Posted by Soren13 View Post
    Ahh thanks for the clarification. So if we scratch out that part, that means it procs only twice, once on the initial hit and one more for the first tick of the DoT. That equals up to 8 procs which still isn't bad I guess. I've also seen some older suggestions around the forums for Chloro like spreading Withering Vine with Nature's Fury and making Natural Healing instant.
    NF spreading WV wasn't possible code-wise.

NF is also considered AoE and therefor heals less with Veils. Even if NF hits max targets currently, it is still less hps than a single vile spores. Even if you added the dot component to NF it still would only be a dps increase and hps loss.

NF needs to be gutted and turned into something meaningful.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

For the idea of making Boons of Life used by more things, I don't think it would be a good idea. Nature's Touch cover both tank and AoE heals. The change that make Healing Torrent affected by it cover PvP and can see some use in PvE.
    I can't think of anything else that could become useful with the use of Boons of Life without shadowing over Nature's Touch or Healing Torrent.

Honestly, I think we need our healing done when we have multiple target gutted down and more focus put on having only 1 target to attack.
    It is ridiculous that after barely healing in Nightmare Tides, using several tank pieces that I am capable of throwing more than total 180k HPS because of Corrosive Spores, Living Storm and Natural Splendor. (Nerf the crystal please)

I would rather prefer have Corrosive Spores only affect 1 target and Natural Splendor healing portion boosted and the veil part reduced to the ground so we can actually use Natural Splendor on one target as a super burst healing CD.
    This would help tremendously when it come to burst healing like on Ungolok's Pressure Burst.

When we look at Bulf, on the last phase of it, Chloro is just rolling on the floor laughing when so many adds are stacked up and his Corrosive Spores is just going nuts. If you don't count the initial attack from it, the Corrosive spores will hit 8 times on 5 targets and heal 10 people for a total of 400 Lifegiving veils proc. All of those procs are increased by the crystal by 1.5k and will heal in average 3k (I think that's about the number for a fully expert geared chloro right?) resulting in a total amount of heal done of: 1.2 million on 1 spell cast or 150k HPS for 8 seconds tied to one ability.
    Add to it weapon procs, trinket procs, the initial heal, the healing taken increased by the tanks (+500 on their crystal as well), etc etc...
    But on one target this 1.2 million heal become a 240k total healing.

A quick calculation of my Natural splendor would means on 8 targets it heal for around 3.6m over 8s which result in 450k hps.
    Living Storm would be about 900k total over 16 seconds for 56k HPS.

Hopefully, I didn't do my maths wrong. Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

There should not be such a disparity between fights when it comes to healing. A chloromancer shouldn't heal over 100k more HPS because of a fight having adds in it.

At least, that's what I believe.
    It makes it hard to ask for changes when we are grossly overpowered on certain fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    I made a post about it months ago listing how abilities interact with the veils.

This post

This is the post with some corrections:

Quote Originally Posted by Snap
    If I made a list of how a spell react to veil, this would be it:

#1. Single target instant damage = Proc veil once on hit
    #2. DoT = Proc veil once on application
    #3. AoE damage = Proc veil n times (n = number of targets hit)
    #4. Pulsing debuff that proc #1 multiple times over a duration
    #5. Pulsing GTAE that proc #3 multiple times over a duration
    #6. Pulsing Debuff that proc #3 multiple times over a duration.

#1 is pretty self explanatory
    #2 is also pretty simple. Proc veil on the application of a spell considered a "DoT".
    #3 basically like #1 except it's multiple target at the same time.
    #4 pulse a #1 every X seconds. Right now, I can only think of Void life that is considered like a #4. For void life, it is written specifically on the tooltip that the ability will proc X damage every Y seconds over Z seconds. So it procs the veil every 1 second as every hit is considered a #1. If you look at Raging Storm it deal X damage over Y seconds because it behave like a DoT.
    #5 is basically like #4 but AoE. Or if you prefer, it's a #6 for the ground. Like debuffing a position on the ground to perform AoE damage every pulse.
    #6 is basically a debuff that will do like #4. Deal X damage every Y seconds to any N targets in range for Z seconds. The tooltip doesn't show it, but that's how those abilities behave.
    If you look at Natural Splendor. It is a debuff on the target you cast it on that will hit up to 8 enemies every second proccing #3 and it last for 8 seconds.
    Living Storm is just the same. A debuff that hit up to 8 enemies every second proccing #3 and lasting 15 seconds. Same for Corrosive Spores debuff and oblivion!

Here is a list of abilities and how they interact with veils:
    Vile Spores = #1
    Ruin = #1
    Raging Storm = #2
    Traitorous Influence = #2 (Those kind of debuff that deal damage upon performing certain actions are considered DoTs)
    Mass Betrayal = #2 (Like Radiate Death from Warlock, you are applying a DoT on multiple target. Or basically, using Traitorous Influence on 10 different target.)

All Warlock DoTs (Life Leech, Defile, Dark Touch, Atrophy, Death's Door) = #2
    Necrosis = #2
    Vile Spores DoT = #2
    Ruin DoT = #2
    Blazing Light = #2

Nature's Fury = #3
    Lightning Arc = #3
    Forked Lightning = #3
    Void Life = #4
    Master's Rage = #5
    Hailstorm = #5
    Lightning Storm = #5

Natural Splendor = #6
    Living Storm = #6
    Corrosive Spores = #6
    Oblivion = #6
    Last edited by Snap; 12-14-2014 at 12:40 AM.

Sword of Telara

i bet we can find more situations where chloro looks op.

it generates too much healing on many mobs, it can solo heal overgeared raids, veil swapping always been op and it does too much damage anyway.

"fixing" these things can only be done by nerfs, we all know it.

puris and wardens in pve and phys in pvp already laughing at us, i am sure the nerfs will be needed to bring us in line with the other healers.

what about the specs which are op all the time and not just under certain situations?! shouldnt they be fixed first?!

Quote Originally Posted by Xirxe View Post
    i bet we can find more situations where chloro looks op.

it generates too much healing on many mobs, it can solo heal overgeared raids, veil swapping always been op and it does too much damage anyway.

"fixing" these things can only be done by nerfs, we all know it.

puris and wardens in pve and phys in pvp already laughing at us, i am sure the nerfs will be needed to bring us in line with the other healers.

what about the specs which are op all the time and not just under certain situations?! shouldnt they be fixed first?!
    Obviously they should be fixed. I never said otherwise.
    • The shielding paradigm needs to be taken down.
    • Puri needs it's shields gutted down and their healing increased in exchange.
    • Chloro needs their multi mobs healing gutted down and their one mob healing increased in exchange.
    • Physician CDs needs to be gutted down for PvP.
    • Clerics needs their OP masteries either nerfed or given to all healers.
    • Liberators are fine imo.
    • Crystals needs to be changed. Not flat healing, not flat %. Flat SP for heals or a trinket-proc like bonus or anything that can make the crystal scale on the ability used without scaling with gear.

Healing right now is completely out of whack and those crystals only bring more exploiting of how spells interacts with healing.

Like Doctrine of Bliss and Loyalty proccing the crystal FOUR times for 6-8k more healing.
    They had to remove Salvation and make only life spells affect the crystal because of how exploitable it is. And there are so many other exploitable abilities.

I would never ever think about going in PvP as a chloro without the crystal and healer weapons because of the procs.
    Something needs to be done sooner than later.
    Chloro is suffering a lot due to it's multi mobs OPness. You can clearly see it in PvP. If the enemies are all bunched up together you just CS on them and you proc near 30k HPS with it (if you heal 10 people). But if you get only 1 enemy to use it on? it does 6k at best (if you heal 10 people).

When I can simply CS and it's enough to heal a tank on the trash before 3rd boss in EC or I go 36harb/36chloro and spam lucent slash and it's still more than enough.

Am I the only one who believe this is completely ridiculous?
    Have anyone seen how OP a warlock can be in PvP using healing weapons with 8 chloro for LGV? I havn't had the chance to try it with the jesus beam but it's probably only gonna be even more OP.
    Why are people not screaming at how broken Judical Privilege and Twilight Transcendence are?
    Where is the QQ about cleric tanks already being able to do most expert bosses and trash without any healers?

All I can see is people complaining that their class are bad. Sure there is a lot of things that need to be buffed, but there is so many exploitable mechanics right now... Is it because people are too blind to see those broken healing tricks?

Edit: Also, why is the warrior/rogue crystal 4 pieces a 5% increase to healing rather than a flat amount like for mage and cleric? What's the deal with that?
    Last edited by Snap; 12-14-2014 at 03:46 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    Obviously they should be fixed. I never said otherwise.
    • The shielding paradigm needs to be taken down.
    • Puri needs it's shields gutted down and their healing increased in exchange.
    • Chloro needs their multi mobs healing gutted down and their one mob healing increased in exchange.
    • Physician CDs needs to be gutted down for PvP.
    • Clerics needs their OP masteries either nerfed or given to all healers.
    • Liberators are fine imo.
    • Crystals needs to be changed. Not flat healing, not flat %. Flat SP for heals or a trinket-proc like bonus or anything that can make the crystal scale on the ability used without scaling with gear.

Healing right now is completely out of whack and those crystals only bring more exploiting of how spells interacts with healing.

Like Doctrine of Bliss and Loyalty proccing the crystal FOUR times for 6-8k more healing.
    They had to remove Salvation and make only life spells affect the crystal because of how exploitable it is. And there are so many other exploitable abilities.

I would never ever think about going in PvP as a chloro without the crystal and healer weapons because of the procs.
    Something needs to be done sooner than later.
    Chloro is suffering a lot due to it's multi mobs OPness. You can clearly see it in PvP. If the enemies are all bunched up together you just CS on them and you proc near 30k HPS with it (if you heal 10 people). But if you get only 1 enemy to use it on? it does 6k at best (if you heal 10 people).

When I can simply CS and it's enough to heal a tank on the trash before 3rd boss in EC or I go 36harb/36chloro and spam lucent slash and it's still more than enough.

Am I the only one who believe this is completely ridiculous?
    Have anyone seen how OP a warlock can be in PvP using healing weapons with 8 chloro for LGV? I havn't had the chance to try it with the jesus beam but it's probably only gonna be even more OP.
    Why are people not screaming at how broken Judical Privilege and Twilight Transcendence are?
    Where is the QQ about cleric tanks already being able to do most expert bosses and trash without any healers?

All I can see is people complaining that their class are bad. Sure there is a lot of things that need to be buffed, but there is so many exploitable mechanics right now... Is it because people are too blind to see those broken healing tricks?

Edit: Also, why is the warrior/rogue crystal 4 pieces a 5% increase to healing rather than a flat amount like for mage and cleric? What's the deal with that?
    Warrior and rogue crystals were getting abused as flat numbers, mostly while dpsing, so they became %(which actually scales with gear).

Not sure why kervik left ours in the highly exploitable state.

Also, shaman procs are benefitting from the flat bonus crystals while ours aren't (glory of the chosen vs reapers blade, aoe vengeance vs luminous weapon)

Rift Disciple

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    What's Jesus Beam? Also, Ive been using the healing weapons with 8 chloro for LGV on my Dom and its making the class slightly more survivable these days. Dont ruin it by claiming its OP.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #132
    Rift Team

Hey all,

Another quick preview of changes heading out with this week's hotfix:
    • Fixed Haunting Pain stacks being considered instant. They'll count as cast time now.
    • Reflective Presence is now off GCD.
    • Putrify is now off GCD.
    • Reduced the cooldown of Possession to 1 minute and its duration to 15s.
    • Possession now adds the new abilities to the temp ability bar and no longer replaces your ability bars. (similar to how EA works on Harbinger)
    • For this latest update it still despawns your pet while Possession is active and blocks summon abilities from being cast.

I wanted to go with a smaller change to Possession with this pass and so left it despawning the pet. Having it leave the pet active is still on the table, but I want to look into some other changes and see how things work out before changing Possession to that extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Hey all,

• Fixed Haunting Pain stacks being considered instant. They'll count as cast time now.
    • Possession now adds the new abilities to the temp ability bar and no longer replaces your ability bars. (similar to how EA works on Harbinger)
    • For this latest update it still despawns your pet while Possession is active and blocks summon abilities from being cast.

I wanted to go with a smaller change to Possession with this pass and so left it despawning the pet. Having it leave the pet active is still on the table, but I want to look into some other changes and see how things work out before changing Possession to that extent.
    Regarding Possession and EA, I would love to see these work like stealth does for rogues, where it switches to a special hotbar. I tried a macro using "abilitybar," but that didn't work.

As is I avoid EA and now Possession because trying to move in pvp while clicking abilities is a pain.
    Last edited by Jeffreys; 12-15-2014 at 05:26 PM.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    Regarding Possession and EA, I would love to see these work like stealth does for rogues, where it switches to a special hotbar. I tried a macro using "abilitybar," but that didn't work.

As is I avoid EA and now Possession because trying to move in pvp while clicking abilities is a pain.
    I have to agree with this. The temp ability bar is a really bad place to put rotational abilities.
    You can put those abilities into macros though, however, you get the dreaded "unknown ability" message every time you use that macro outside the CD. Would be nice to have a way to turn that message off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Hey all,

The possession changes are all well and good but they aren't going to really close the DPS gap on other specs. A 61 Necro will do 10-15k less DPS than an archon hybrid who brings so much more utility to the table.

I like the idea of the Necro class, it's such a shame it's just not viable to play in most situations. 61 SC will out ST and AoE DPS it if the fight needs a mix of both. The only time I ever see it used is if we really need a link and don't have a Defiler.

We are currently actively recruiting, if you are an exceptional player of any class please find an officer in game for a chat - Guild info is Here

CoA 6/6 (World 1st NM, 5th HM) - iROTP 4/4 (EU 1st Non-cheese kill!) - TD Normal 4/4 (World 2nd)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 75 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 59 ... LastLast