+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 75 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 ... LastLast
Like Tree193Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 3.0 Mage suggestions, QoL changes and bugs compendium

Dominator suggestions-

- Replace malevolent bolt with a zero cooldown mana wrench -and- allow the improved mana wrench the ability to "crit" and benefit from crit power.

- Degeneration is lack luster. Consider changing it back to a 3 second channel that does damage and removes three buffs. It was a lot more fun to use back then.

- Replace one of the AoE spells with pre storm legion Accelerated Decay or Incompetence.

- Lower the cooldown of Mass Betrayal thirty to sixty seconds. The current strength of dispels, in combat mana/energy regeneration, and cross healing balances the lower cooldown.
    Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Dominator needs a nerf, but this is all terrible. You complain that the spec takes no finesse to play and then propose to remove all the mechanics from it that once required finesse to play. Dominator is a CC-spam machine because the resource denial and damage are completely pitiful. Mass Betrayal is a joke since the Stormcaller changes. I can't for the life of me figure out why you would want all of Haunting Pain's stacks to be removed in 1 cleanse, since what made Dominator into what it is now was the removal of the ability to stack debuffs. HP can be countered by moving, the whole point of that ability is that it masks your other debuffs.

You're conflating the problem of Reavers with the problem of Dominators.

Almost everything wrong with Dominator has to do with its excessive CC. And this isn't a Dominator problem. It's a Rift problem. Dominator needs to be brought back to its roots of being the stalemate breaker rather than a CC spammer. If you could actually wipe a team with a properly-dropped Mass Betrayal then people would stop running Arcane Ward or putting tank gear on.
    I agree with this post; Truunks nailed it. Bringing the Dominator back to its roots is an excellent idea.
    Who is John Galt?

I am not a fan of Empyrean Ascension. We don't need more skills. I'd like to see it turned into some kind of buff (you can keep the transformation I like that) that change the way your skills work (ex. Alacrity). Just please no reactives >.<
    Kalygos - Kallyh
    Virus@Deepwood
    "Most cleaved rogue WW - Thanks, Wayyne"

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Pokkah View Post
    I am not a fan of Empyrean Ascension. We don't need more skills. I'd like to see it turned into some kind of buff (you can keep the transformation I like that) that change the way your skills work (ex. Alacrity). Just please no reactives >.<
    i am not a big fan of ascension either. usually you put all the extra skills into 1-2 macros and spam them.

i rather have a burst skill that buffs existing skills, like a 20% damage and 20% crit chance increase for 15s every min.

we mages miss a high crit spec anyway.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Xirxe View Post
    i am not a big fan of ascension either. usually you put all the extra skills into 1-2 macros and spam them.

i rather have a burst skill that buffs existing skills, like a 20% damage and 20% crit chance increase for 15s every min.

we mages miss a high crit spec anyway.
    Such strong self buffs are very hard to balance in PvP unless you make them purgable, i.e Animalism.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    That would make sense if I have ever seen him play a healer in warfronts. So far I've seen him as a Dom or Arb on his mage, or DPS on his rogue (if Poubelle is indeed a rogue).
    Healing as always been my all time favorite role in every MMOs.
    I even played Elementalist in GW2 and went down 100% support heal in a game with no trinity just to be able to heal.

Poubelle is a Warrior.
    I play mainly Warlord on it and Liberator.

I mainly play Warlock in PvP on my mage, but I also play Chloromancer as much as I play Arbiter or Dombiter.

My Rogue I only played Physician in PvP since he reached 65.

My Cleric just reached 65 yesterday and I,ll be playing it almost exclusively as an healer and some shaman on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by MoMo1
    Please do not take snaps comments seriously. His whole idea is to weaken Dom and make them easier to kill causing no problems to counter healers. He takes situations out of context to the detriment of all. Dom in the context of the current playing field is a shadow of its former self.
    I've laid down two full posts that explained my PoV and you try to resume in one sentence something that is completely false. This sentence:
    His whole idea is to weaken Dom and make them easier to kill causing no problems to counter healers.
    All I have to say about this is: L2P
    You don't need a Dominator to counter healers.
    Healers are actually pathetic in PvP against a group of several competent DPS.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Soulwalker

Don't nerf domi, just make Arcane Ward count as mage armor. That's all.
    Last edited by dxscool; 03-02-2015 at 03:44 AM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    Healing as always been my all time favorite role in every MMOs.
    I even played Elementalist in GW2 and went down 100% support heal in a game with no trinity just to be able to heal.

Poubelle is a Warrior.
    I play mainly Warlord on it and Liberator.

I mainly play Warlock in PvP on my mage, but I also play Chloromancer as much as I play Arbiter or Dombiter.

My Rogue I only played Physician in PvP since he reached 65.

My Cleric just reached 65 yesterday and I,ll be playing it almost exclusively as an healer and some shaman on the side.

I've laid down two full posts that explained my PoV and you try to resume in one sentence something that is completely false. This sentence:

All I have to say about this is: L2P
    You don't need a Dominator to counter healers.
    Healers are actually pathetic in PvP against a group of several competent DPS.
    Healer wants easier life ...nerf Dom. Dom is a shadow of what it was and you want to shred it. You might be verbose but you are still wrong.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by dxscool View Post
    Don't nerf domi, just make Arcane Ward count as mage armor. That's all.
    And that's a stupid as all hell idea.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Quote Originally Posted by MoMo1 View Post
    Healer wants easier life ...nerf Dom. Dom is a shadow of what it was and you want to shred it. You might be verbose but you are still wrong.
    If you are going to post without any arguments or facts backing up your random banter, than don't post at all.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    Hi all,

Here's a short update on what my current plate for Mage looks like:

Pyro scaling - we want Pyro to be a premiere single-target ranged dps soul for Mages, and are looking to increase their damage to put them on par with the best ranged DPS souls in the game. We're going to start by increasing their spellpower scaling on Pyromania, and I'll continue to monitor the status of Pyromancer and tune up other values if it proves necessary.
    When do you expect we will see this change specifically? I am quite sick of raging storm now.

Soulwalker

I've been reading mage threads as well as the threads for other classes for a while now, and as a mage player, I'm a bit concerned. It seems that mages are a very specific calling, and not necessarily in a good way.

Firstly, there is the attitude of many mages. 'Seems like one of our specs in this patch is pulling roughly 0.5% ahead of other similar specs, shouldn't this issue be addressed?', 'This spec needs a lot of effort and skill to play correctly, but once you master it, it is almost as good as other similar, easy-to-play specs, so everything is fine, just learn to play it', 'One of our specs has become too easy to use, I'm bored, fix this please', 'Don't put us on par with the best callings, they need to be nerfed not the other way around' - this is what the mage forum feels like to me, while for the other callings it's very often: 'buff us, nerf the others', repeated lots and lots of times. The thing is it works for them, and their best specs will not just be nerfed.

While I'm not saying that being objective about our own specs and having interesting, demanding rotations is a bad thing or that crying for buffs is good, this whole situation naturally leads to where we are now: mages are bad. And that is definitely something that bothers me. There is a whole bunch of more or less obvious issues to address, solving of which can put as back on par with other callings, but all I can see is 'nerf domi', 'chloro is fine', 'learn to play this or that and it won't be horribly awful'. Why not instead focus on things like:

1. Elementalist soul being utterly and completely useless.
    2. Pyromancer parsing so far behind decent DPS specs that it hurts.
    3. Lack of adjustment of Chloromancer soul to the changes in the game, PvP-wise.
    4. Top of the Archon tree being very unattractive, to the point where it is not beneficial to choose it in any encounter over hybridisation.
    5. All of our specs being more or less immobile with no compensation.
    6. Necro (after a big, flashy change that brought us Reaver and Marksman) being an obscure, super-situational substitute for the defiler.
    7. Full Harbinger DPS being just sad.
    And the list goes on.

Let's work together on bringing the mage back on track.

Sword of Telara

many mages want to play highly complex and very balanced specs with next to no mobility.
    all the other classes want to play low complexity, full dps/hps specs with high mobility.
    and guess what, we all get what we want!

the problem is that noone cares about spec limitations. if mage specs doing 1 dps more than other specs, they need to be toned down. we can have 100 limitations and the other spec none, it doesent matter. and even when its very obvious others will tell us there are hardly any limitations. hey, even mages will tell us, the spec is super easy to play and very mobile!

the only way to be competitive is to perform at 100% in our specs against other specs played at 90%.
    our specs are fine when played at 100% and ppl who cant play at 100% just need to l2p.
    this elitist way of thinking is pretty common in the mage community.

lets have a look at chloro, its hardly been touched since 2 years and most say its fine.
    but to be honest, the only reason why its still being used in raids is the dps.
    its not useful at tank healing anymore and it miss burst and mobility for an aoe heal spec. and in pvp, well...
    isnt it strange that we play our only heal spec purely for dps reasons?!?
    by logic, to buff it, it should do more dps!

the issue could be solved when:
    • every calling has a top dps/hps spec which is complex, immobile and with similar limitations.
    • if you want more mobility, you doing less dps.
    • if you want less complexity, you doing less dps.
    • if you want full utility, you doing less dps.

what we not need is a spec like reaver with no limitations but full dps, destroying any kind of balance.
    if other callings want to do top dps they have to play at 100% and work for their dps like mages do, period!

its not useful at tank healing anymore and it miss burst and mobility for an aoe heal spec. a
    Chloro is one of if not the top direct ST heal spec in regards to pure 100% healing. Chloro ST healing burst is incredibly strong and consistant. It does not supply shielding or mitigation, therefor it is not popular, but to say not useful at tank healing would be false.

It has quite strong burst aoe healing if played correctly, and it also has quite strong steady AoE hps. Depending how you play the role.

Mobility is an issue for everyone, and if planned correctly, chloro's can manage movement + healing perfectly fine. It just requires planning and strategy to save spells for when you know u will need to move. Many people use spells like Ruin, Corrosive Spores, and 5stack BoL Natures Touch on cooldown, when spells like that can easily be used on the run to provide HPS during movement.

To say the only reason to play chloro is for the dps, is incorrect. No other healer can go from pure ST healing to pure AoE healing with the flip of a switch.

The limitations of chloro are a big issue atm, but u cannot completely disregard chloros strengths.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Ascendant

lets have a look at chloro, its hardly been touched since 2 years and most say its fine.
    its not useful at tank healing anymore and it miss burst and mobility for an aoe heal spec. and in pvp, well...
    Yeah, it took me a while to realize that Chloro's vulnerabilities really need to be addressed. I am very much disappointed to see that the Chloro's issues are not going to be looked at for a while. It appears that the current motivations are based entirely on PvE issues, and PvP-centric concerns are on the back burner.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    The limitations of chloro are a big issue atm, but u cannot completely disregard chloros strengths.
    I agree completely. The Chloro can produce some excellent healing in the hands of a competent player. Heck, even an incompetent player should be able to spam Vile Spores for some decent AoE healing in both PvP and raid environments.

The Chloro does not need better DPS or HPS, it needs to be able to self-synth, and maybe be able to cross-heal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 75 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 ... LastLast