+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree193Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 3.0 Mage suggestions, QoL changes and bugs compendium

Ascendant

I think resurgence should be reworked to either be an aoe or ST "pulse" heal, so it benefits from a chance to trigger procs on every tick, and each tick would benefit from crystals. Might be too strong but at least it wouldn't just be bloom with a deeper point investment and less healing.

Alternately, this could be done with healing torrent instead, since the stronger effect would be more fitting with 41 points and a cast time.

Resurgence needs it's healing reduced and it's cooldown removed in my opinion. The healing reduction should only be about 10% though. Casting it on more than one target should split the healing between the targets.

Or it should stay the same but target 10 people.

Actually, I'd like an aoe hot better.

RIFT Guide Writer

Or it could be the old mastery where ruin and NT casts refresh up to 3 active resurgences. :P
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Quote Originally Posted by Dasmani View Post
    I would argue that the pressing need for overhaul outweighs the timing issue. Chloro is the only healing soul in the game which can't heal itself as effectively as it heals others and is the only soul that has to stop healing to heal a new target. These things need to change without destroying the flavor of the soul. Preserving the flavor is more important than preserving mechanics, especially mechanics as inelegant as the current veils.

Plus, chloro healing has gotten a little spammy. I'd like it to be more complex.
    Chloro is the only healing soul which can compete both with ST healing souls AND AoE healing souls with the flip of a switch. Is the only healing soul which can break 20k dps. Is the only healing soul which provides a raid wide dps boost. Is the only healing soul which has a complexity with it which requires true skill in order to fully master, yet is simple enough for people who do not min/max can still profit.

Chloro healing is far from spammy. Trust me, I think I have done a great job making it plenty complex to master.

As I said, I enjoyed your ideas, QoL suggestions are one thing, a complete overhaul re-do of the soul is not something that we need. Tweaks yes, overhaul no.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    As I said, I enjoyed your ideas, QoL suggestions are one thing, a complete overhaul re-do of the soul is not something that we need. Tweaks yes, overhaul no.
    I'm with Deeew on this.

Just like NotTrev said earlier in the thread, there is what we need and what we want.
    I'm sure we'd all love to see a complete overhaul of chloro to be able to perform more adequately in PvP and keep it's flavour in PvE, but right now, what we need are QoL changes such as the withering vines mastery.

Small changes are far easier to implement than complete overhauls.

That's why I'll add the Overhaul suggestion in the Revamp section when I can edit my post.

Speaking of being able to edit my post, I sent a PM to CM Morgana and Kervick to ask for the edit rights on the post, is it what I was supposed to do or is there another way to contact the forum moderators?
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Don't ever change chloro mechanic, so unique, my biggest interest in the game.

I repeat myself from an old comment:
    "Just 3 small changes needs nothing else, and not in mechanic especially:
    Living shell: add a damage reduction (or better shield), and a break free. For good sake it has 2 min CD. What else has 2 min cd still in this game? Lot of long cds reduced to 1 min.
    Talented NH spamable, without cd. (nature swiftness: reduce cast time by 33%/66%/100%)
    Self symbiosis.
    Bonus: reduce damage part of essence conversion. It really hurts.
    That's it. "

Fixed chloro (viable in PVP and choose for 5er) could make me return.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Frostkeeper adventures on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xNLm0Ckoss

RIFT Guide Writer

Simple buff ideas for Ele to be back on track:

Sudden Storm now also reduces Lightning Strike cast time by 50%/100%.

Elemental Forces now costs 20 Charge.

Intensify Elements is now a 1 minute CD.

Volcanic Eruption is now a 30s CD and has damage scaled up accordingly.

-------------------------

Simple change for Necro:

Death's Ally is now a 5% crit buff instead of 5% damage.

Grave Rot is now an AE off target instead of ground cast.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Telaran

Something I'd like to see for Archon that might be OP would be a talent similar to Radiant Spores from Chloro. Applying CR/AD to a target applies it to up to 8 enemies around the target within some radius.

The main benefit I'd see with this is boosting Archons primarily in NMRs, as you could more easily debuff all the targets in later stages when you're getting the 2/3 enemy stages with less than a minute. Having to spend over 10% of the stage timer debuffing all the targets to give your raid the best chances of succeeding gets tedious quick.

Phs

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdol View Post
    Something I'd like to see for Archon that might be OP would be a talent similar to Radiant Spores from Chloro. Applying CR/AD to a target applies it to up to 8 enemies around the target within some radius.
    Bards already do this. Probably Oracle too. Ours is longer being single target.
    Distress, non phys and Cowardice, phys.
    So like since Archons is 5minutes I'd think it fine. Archon on boss, Bard on trash.
    Last edited by Phs; 11-27-2014 at 09:37 AM.

For Archon, I'd prefer a change to pillaging stones until a revamp can make our 58 and 61 abilities somewhat useful.

What archon need is a revamp, but it's not much of a priority since it works as hybrid.
    Last edited by Snap; 11-27-2014 at 11:01 AM.

Telaran

Default Phantomstream

it would be great to get a heal on the initial cast of phantomstream (65er mastery) and not after 1 sec, its totaly useless as cooldown if the tank dies before the first tick heal.

Quote Originally Posted by noarsam View Post
    it would be great to get a heal on the initial cast of phantomstream (65er mastery) and not after 1 sec, its totaly useless as cooldown if the tank dies before the first tick heal.
    It is kinda amazing if you time it correctly. Void life also does not heal on the initial cast, and heals after 1 sec.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    It is kinda amazing if you time it correctly. Void life also does not heal on the initial cast, and heals after 1 sec.
    Ok then we see the spell in other situations, for me its a emergency heal and its totaly useless if the first tick come off when the tank is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by noarsam View Post
    Ok then we see the spell in other situations, for me its a emergency heal and its totaly useless if the first tick come off when the tank is dead.
    It is a cooldown, and a very powerful one, but I would not consider it an "ohshyt" ability such as bloom, essence surge is. It is an ability which can heal through some very powerful damage, can be used on the run, and does not require you to maintain line of sight to continue to heal during the channel.

It is kinda nice.

I find soul stream to be okay the way it is, since very classes can get it, it's great in terms of PvP when you know how to interrupt or protect yourself from interrupts.

I have not received any answer back regarding getting edit rights on the thread.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast