+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast
Like Tree193Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 3.0 Mage suggestions, QoL changes and bugs compendium

Quote Originally Posted by Dontlookatme View Post
    Make it more general and make the QoL change that *all *archon auras should be top priority in their respective groups (already posted this in the 2.3 bug thread as well for lack of a newer thread)
    I thought that the devs already stated that the archon auras were supposed to be top priority? No point putting it in QoL changes if it's already the case.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    I thought that the devs already stated that the archon auras were supposed to be top priority? No point putting it in QoL changes if it's already the case.
    Following 2 posts are from the 2.3 bug thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    I'll also take a look at the Vitality of Stone/Bond of Power stacking. Ideally since they provide the same bonuses to the raid they will overwrite each other.
    It's just the fact that archon auras are no longer considered top priority in their respective stacking groups.
    Back in pre-SL times it was stated by Daglar that they should (at that time) be top priority, and somewhere during SL this was no longer the case.
    Archon is dependant on having those auras active, which is not an issue in a guild group because you can easily sort things out, but in a random group it becomes a pain in the ***, especially when there's different languages involved.
    Therefore, for quality of life purposes we should really go back to archon auras being considered as top priority.
    Dontlookatme - <The Fires Of Heaven>@Zaviel

Following 2 posts are from the 2.3 bug thread
    Thank you, will add this to the list as soon as I can

Telaran

Currently Neddra's Might overrides the Endurance Archon Aura, this is the only one I know for sure to be the case. Having to click off Neddra's before you can even reapply the aura is a bit annoying.

Something I would like to see (though maybe unlikely) would be Cyclone from Stormcaller put off GCD.

Another thing: full charge on role change to reduce the small downtime when swapping to specs with a high 'initial' charge to get started, like Pyro.

Here's my idea for a chloro revamp:

Root changes:

Vile spores: Instant cast. Adds one stack of Stolen Vitae to the mage for 15s. Max 20 stacks. Reduced damage.

Lifegiving Veil: Reduced healing. Can cross heal.

Lifebound Veil: Removed. Replaced with Transfer Vitae. Consumes up to 3 stacks of Stolen Vitae. Heals target for x-y damage for each stack consumed.

Ruin: Also adds 5 stacks of Stolen Vitae. Cost 5% of the Mage's maximum health to cast. Cooldown removed.

Flourish: Consumes up to 5 stacks of Stolen Vitae. Heals for an additional x-y damage for each stack consumed. Cooldown lowered.

Natural Healing: Also consumes up to 10 stacks of Stolen Vitae, healing the target for x-y health over 16s for each stack consumed.

Void Life: Consumes up to 5 stacks of Stolen Vitae each second. Deals x-y life damage to up to 8 enemies over 3s for each stack consumed. Heals up to 10 allies for x-y health for each stack consumed. Reduces damage taken by up to 10 nearby allies by x% for each stack consumed. Cost 35 charge. 5 second cooldown.

Corrosive Spores: The initial hit of this now triggers a larger heal from Lifegiving veil on up to 5 allies. The DoT portion now adds 1 stack of stolen vitae per second for each enemy affected.

Symbiosis: Increases all healing the target receives from the mage by 50% for 10s. Can affect the mage.

Living Aegis: Grants you a 40% chance to gain a stack of Stolen Vitae whenever you take damage.

Tree Changes:

Phytogenesis: Your Radiant Spores have a 33/66/100% chance to add a stack of Stolen Vitae when triggered.

Synthesis: Increases single-target healing received from the mage by 25%. Causes the targets critical hits to add one stack of Stolen Vitae to the mage.

Nature's Touch: Consumes up to 10 stacks of Stolen Vitae. Deals x-y life damage for each stack consumed. Heals the mage's synthesis target for x-y life for each stack consumed.

Circle of Life: Also affects Transfer Vitae
    Last edited by Dasmani; 11-24-2014 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdol
    Currently Neddra's Might overrides the Endurance Archon Aura, this is the only one I know for sure to be the case. Having to click off Neddra's before you can even reapply the aura is a bit annoying.
    Yes it was already mentioned in the thread, I can't add it right now because I'm still waiting on edit rights. Thank you

Something I would like to see (though maybe unlikely) would be Cyclone from Stormcaller put off GCD.
    Good one, I agree with this too. I'll add to the list when I can.

Another thing: full charge on role change to reduce the small downtime when swapping to specs with a high 'initial' charge to get started, like Pyro.
    I don't think this would be necessary, if more people ask for it, than I'll gladly add it to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasmani View Post
    Here's my idea for a chloro revamp:
    I'll add that to the Revamp section once I get edit rights.

I know you posted a thread about this, can you provide me with the link to it for me to add it to the list?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdol View Post
    Fullcharge on spawn of any kind, imo. The worst is when you respawn in a warfront with 0charge and then some dumb ability keeps you in combat post-death until you've rode 40m from spawn and are ready to engage the enemy.. with zero charge. Even without an ability keeping you in combat, most points of attack in a wf are a far shorter mount ride than it takes for your entire charge bar to naturally generate.

#1 worst name NA, all time
    Soulstorm!

Warlock QoL

Opportunity proc should be 4 seconds...reason being is that Void Barrage can trigger Opportunity and start the internal cooldown but due to the length of the channel the proc fades before the warlock can use it. Or VB should not trigger opportunity..but I'd rather have 4 second Opp, makes it easier to use while managing dots.

Also possible bug:

The mastery that causes dark touch to also cast lifeleech/NG uses up Opportunity procs... not sure if intended.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zzuul View Post
    Warlock QoL

Opportunity proc should be 4 seconds...reason being is that Void Barrage can trigger Opportunity and start the internal cooldown but due to the length of the channel the proc fades before the warlock can use it. Or VB should not trigger opportunity..but I'd rather have 4 second Opp, makes it easier to use while managing dots.

Also possible bug:

The mastery that causes dark touch to also cast lifeleech/NG uses up Opportunity procs... not sure if intended.
    Second point might be "intentional" since cast time abilities that are "tricked" into being instant still eat the proc, the wording is "applies" and not "casts" though.

Here's the original:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...vp-revamp.html

I edited a few things, though. I felt like synthesis was too powerful in the original.

Quote Originally Posted by NotTrev
    Fullcharge on spawn of any kind, imo. The worst is when you respawn in a warfront with 0charge and then some dumb ability keeps you in combat post-death until you've rode 40m from spawn and are ready to engage the enemy.. with zero charge. Even without an ability keeping you in combat, most points of attack in a wf are a far shorter mount ride than it takes for your entire charge bar to naturally generate.
    That is more of an issue with how we are kept in combat in PvP.
    I personally never had too much problem since they added the charge generation while out of combat, but I can add it to the list.

Warlock QoL

Opportunity already last 4 seconds. The internal cooldown is 3 seconds.

Also possible bug:

I can't seem to reproduce this bug. My dark touch + mastery aren't consuming my Opportunity in warlock.

I've actually come up with a better version of Synthesis:

Synthesis: intercepts 30% of the damage done to the target. Causes the mage's single target healing on the target to heal the mage and up to 2 allies within 10 meters for 30% of the healing done. Causes damaging abilities of the target to have a 30% to add a stack of Stolen Vitae to the mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasmani View Post
    I've actually come up with a better version of Synthesis:

Synthesis: intercepts 30% of the damage done to the target. Causes the mage's single target healing on the target to heal the mage and up to 2 allies within 10 meters for 30% of the healing done. Causes damaging abilities of the target to have a 30% to add a stack of Stolen Vitae to the mage.
    I personally think it is way too late for a complete overhaul of the chloro class, however I do think your ideas were very interesting, and reminded me of the Blood Mage from Vanguard. With that said, I think the chloro does need tweaks and QoL adjustments, but a complete overhaul is way too late in the game to be made, in my opinion.

I think your ideas would be great for a whole mage soul all together.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

I would argue that the pressing need for overhaul outweighs the timing issue. Chloro is the only healing soul in the game which can't heal itself as effectively as it heals others and is the only soul that has to stop healing to heal a new target. These things need to change without destroying the flavor of the soul. Preserving the flavor is more important than preserving mechanics, especially mechanics as inelegant as the current veils.

Plus, chloro healing has gotten a little spammy. I'd like it to be more complex.

RIFT Guide Writer

Meh, I just had a thought for LGV: Copy Alternative Treatment from rogues.

Remove LBV. Change Synth to oGCD toggle. Having Synth on a target reduces AE healing by 50% but increases ST heals by 100%.

Problem might not be solved, but it'd reduce some clutter.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast