+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 75 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 ... LastLast
Like Tree193Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 3.0 Mage suggestions, QoL changes and bugs compendium

RIFT Guide Writer

Ya know, I'd think it'd be interesting if there was a recursive mechanic that allows chloro to self-heal when crap hits the fan.

Like say new stack mechanic:

Absorbent Seeds: Each cast of Nature's Touch and Healing Torrent generates a stack of Absorbent Seeds, up to 5 stacks with a 15s duration. A stack of Absorbent Seeds is consumed to make Natural Healing instant, heal 2 allies near the target, and heal for 100% more on the primary target.

Then make NH also generate a BoL stack. This way it rewards a chloro with defensive utility ONLY IF they have been constantly keeping active in healing others.

There. It gives chloro an emergency heal that can only be acquired by playing chloro properly.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Soulwalker

While not an actual gameplay change for mages, I would love to see some cosmetic options for harbinger weapons. Lightning Blade gets a bit boring to look at after a while....

Soulwalker

Also, with the issue of too many mage armors. Instead of having too many, why not have the ones we have currently "evolve" into the higher tier armors in some cases. Case in point of Warlock. So instead of having 2 armor choices at higher levels you just have the one superior one.

With Elementalist, Prismatic earth and Elemental Armors could easily be merged into on singular armor.

With Pyromancer, once could see it "evolve" to have the talent effects into it at higher levels and therefor open up a few talent points for new possible talents.

A while ago something was brought up about Arbiter's lack of having 2 item procs since they do have only the 2 handed staff for tanking use. I would love to see Arbiter getting their own armor to give them ...something. Not sure what yet but it feels weird the tank spec does not have an armor of its own.
    Last edited by Fijarebirth; 01-07-2015 at 08:53 AM.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #274
    Rift Team

Hey all,

Quick update on the Necro changes I mentioned earlier in this thread. These should be in and either out on PTS now, or going out to PTS with the next update. I'm not 100% sold on sending these out to Live yet, but I wanted to get them out to PTS to let people try them out and get a feel for what sort of a difference these make. Give them a try and let me know how things feel.

For reference, here's the list again:
    • The Velocity buff from Elementalist can now be procced by Plague Bolt.
    • Reduce cooldown of Bone Frenzy to 15s.
    • Increase the healing from Essence Link by ~40%.
    • Change Symbiote to increase healing from Essence Link by 25/50%.
    • Increase ICD on Essence Link heal proc to 1s (currently the ICD is 0.5s). Add info on the ICD to the ability description.
    • Reduce channel time of Soul Purge to 4s. Increase damage by ~25%.
    • Reduce Heal from Improved Soul Purge to 0.15/0.3% of damage done.
    • Corpse Explosion Ė 15s duration. Deals X damage to up to 5 enemies around the affected enemy when damaged by the casterís Plague Bolt. Deals Y damage to up to 5 enemies if the affected enemy dies. Consumes the casterís Corpse Explosion and triggers their death explosion on all enemies hit.
    • Corpse Pile Ė Gives Corpse Explosion a 50/100% chance to spread to up to 5 enemies if hit by Grave Rot. Damage from the death explosion from Corpse Explosion deals an additional 50% of its damage over 6s to all enemies it hits.
    • The damage bonus from Bone Armor now affects the casterís pets as well.
    • Last Gasp now deals X damage each time the affected enemy is healed once the maximum 5 stacks is reached and will no longer apply new stacks or refresh existing stacks.
    • Healing Exigency (Mastery) now also reduces the cast time of Mass Grave by 100%.
    • Reduce the duration of Mass Grave to 15s.
    • Reduce cooldown of Mass Grave to 1 minute.
    • Reduce cooldown of Empty the Crypts to 1 minute.
    • Recuce Charge cost of Empty the Crypts to 50.
    • Increase the damage of Plague Bolt by ~25%.
    • Deadly Plague now also applies to Corpse Talon.
    • Loyal Minion now sacrifices 25% of your petís health and gives the Mage a shield equal to 50% of the damage done. Reduced the duration of the control immunity effect to 5s.

I liking Necro Gameplay more with possession having reactive's not sharing CD with normal abilities.
    Personally i think possession instead of being a a CD Buff it should be a 1 hour buff or toggle buff. That way always having the reactive abilities up and looking like your Pet. If this would happen i think that your pet should still be up and able to use MG and ETC, then your either playing Melee Necro or get range pet and play ranged Necro. Tweaking would have to happen but i think it would be cool.

Bone Armor buff bugged, cast it and it goes on, cast it again it goes off.
    Cast Either Parasite or ETC with bone armor on they get cast on new pets how ever remove bone armor from yourself.

Mastery Changed isnt in yet but all other changes are.

Find it hard to test in dummy foundry normally due to ability lag, how ever with necro it feels 10 times worse, feels like when using ETC or MG its making the ability lag freeze much longer

The DPS is still really bad and that and that is with popping CD's bar ETC and MG at start, on a short parse.
    So with ability lag and bone armor bug cant really test for DPS wise, but play style apart from the reduced CD and possession, cant really feel any difference (PvE DPS Wise).
    Last edited by Alfiexx; 01-07-2015 at 12:27 PM.

The Gamer Beans
    <Special Olympics>
    <StackOnEight>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    I'm not saying I'm great, Alfiexx is great.

RIFT Guide Writer

Just looking through the numbers right now, but corpse explosion is a DPS loss on ST to throw up. AE is still iffy.

Desecrate still has minimal use compared to Condemn. Grave Rot sucks at ST now and should be pulled out of macros.

Soul purge still does next to nil damage.

So my tweak suggestions?

Allow Grave Rot to refresh Corpse Explosion. Allow Corpse Explosion pulse to be affected by Deathly Calling stacks at 10% per stack.

Or, conversely, new mastery like Inquisitors have. Necrosis now applies Corpse Explosion and/or Essence Link if known.

EDIT:

Other suggestions:

Swap Charged and Ashen Armor in the Ele tree so that Necromancer isn't married so hard to Ele and can now put 7 points into other souls.

Add "Corpse Explosion" to the secondary mastery DoTs applied by Dark Touch.

Allow Corpse Explosion to naturally "explode" after 15s.
    Last edited by evantide; 01-07-2015 at 12:49 PM.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiexx View Post
    Mastery Changed isnt in yet but all other changes are.
    Is there i miss read ^^ i just saw HE and both are healing then e on 2nd mastery tier ^^ derp

The Gamer Beans
    <Special Olympics>
    <StackOnEight>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    I'm not saying I'm great, Alfiexx is great.

Dominator: Degeneration can purge Blade of the Ascended.
    Who is John Galt?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post

[...]
    Other suggestions:

Swap Charged and Ashen Armor in the Ele tree so that Necromancer isn't married so hard to Ele and can now put 7 points into other souls.

[...]
    Please just don't. They are allready married to much. I would like to see, that there are better possibilities for warlock / necro. And I like the better lightning bolt for my SC/Warlock. It make it much more fun to play. If you go higher with this, it would be gone.

I would sacrifice the better lightning bolt for a completly redo of the Ele (maybe, just maybe this will happen some joyful day), but for nothing less!

Shadowlander

remove the dreamsouls, thx (:

PTS BUG REPORT:

- Soul Purge is bugged
    - Bone Armor is bugged

Shadowlander

I'd just want lightning charge to add dmg to slashing attacks like lightning blade, so people changing their weapons appearance can slash in style

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Mefasm View Post
    I'd just want lightning charge to add dmg to slashing attacks like lightning blade, so people changing their weapons appearance can slash in style
    The funny thing - there is currently a bug where if you have Lightning Blade turned on and you die. Then when you rez, the Lightning Blade appearance of the weapon is gone but the effect is still toggled on. So this is proof of concept at least that Lightning Blade can be active without the weapon appearance. Unfortunately the only way to achieve this at the moment is to die with the toggle on and then rez. Sure would be nice if this were a part of Lightning Charge.

Rift Disciple

Hello Kervik,

From my further tests about the Annihilation Cristal, I noticed that the bonus dmg +650 is not applied to the base damage of the spell as it should be from the description, making it worthless in many spec compared to the Eldritch one.

Instead the dmg buff came after our buffs, raid buffs and only contribute from debuffs.

Exemple : With Lava Field Buff or SLD : Life leech - 650 Dmg (with 2 set pieces and Annihilation Cristal) = Life leech (with 2 set pieces and Eldritch Cristal)

Is this intended ? or description is incorrect ?

Thank you,

Death

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #285
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Riftologist View Post
    Dominator: Degeneration can purge Blade of the Ascended.
    Are other people seeing this? I'm showing that Degeneration can remove Blade of Elemental Affinity and Storm Blade that are applied by Blade of the Ascended, but not that it can remove the actual Blade of the Ascended buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsycth View Post
    From my further tests about the Annihilation Cristal, I noticed that the bonus dmg +650 is not applied to the base damage of the spell as it should be from the description, making it worthless in many spec compared to the Eldritch one.
    I'll take a look at the crystal and see what's going on. I don't have a definitive answer for you at the moment.

Regarding the weapon appearance with Lightning Blade, this is essentially required due to animation restrictions. The animation for Tempest Winds only works with 2h weapons, hence why it requires one of the blade buffs in order to use. I'll look and see if I can do something like have Tempest Wind do the weapon visual swap just for its duration as a work around, but I can't guarantee anything on it at the moment.

I've fixed the issues with Bone Armor and Soul Purge. I've also thrown in another damage boost for Soul Purge along with damage boosts for Corpse Explosion and Parasite. These should go out with the next PTS update.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 75 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 ... LastLast