+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 ... LastLast
Like Tree193Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 3.0 Mage suggestions, QoL changes and bugs compendium

Lightbulb

Hello everyone.

Just a suggestion about the Fire Elemental: would you like to bring it back to his normal size please?

Sword of Telara

i never understood why we have to loose all our charge when switching to a different spec.

in experts we already face the "still in combat bug" quite often which prevent us from charge gaining.

but even more annoying to me is that you switch specs constantly and noone will wait til your charge bar is full again because it just takes too long. starting a fight with a low charge bar is always bad.

so why we have to loose our charge and rogues/warriors keep their combo points and energy? whats the reason?

not loosing charge when switching specs would be a big qol improvement to me.

Bug:

Stormcaller's Living Storm is removed by Cabalist's Dark Passage.
    Possible other bugs: Other abilities could be removing Living Storm.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

This probably qualifies more as a UI bug than a mage bug, but one thing I'd love to see getting fixed is that ancient bug that has chloromancers and archons sometimes display the wrong role icon. Iirc all it takes is a dominator sub-soul and chloros will show as support and archons as DPS. This bug has been in Rift for years and it still frequently causes confusion when setting up a raid.

"wait, how many chloros do we have now?"

"dude, I told you to switch to archon!"
    "I *am* archon..."

So annoying!
    "I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"
    -- Hoban Washburn

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Ernbrecht View Post
    This probably qualifies more as a UI bug than a mage bug, but one thing I'd love to see getting fixed is that ancient bug that has chloromancers and archons sometimes display the wrong role icon. Iirc all it takes is a dominator sub-soul and chloros will show as support and archons as DPS. This bug has been in Rift for years and it still frequently causes confusion when setting up a raid.

"wait, how many chloros do we have now?"

"dude, I told you to switch to archon!"
    "I *am* archon..."

So annoying!
    Not bug. Chloro is a Support/Healer. Archon is a DPS/Support. They give points for both types and your sub souls determine what you're finally classified as.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Rift Disciple

Having 61 chloro should always have you set as the healing role regardless. Any other argument on this is just absurd.

Rift Disciple

Unable to edit post. So Id have to post as a follow up.

What about Essence Conversion? Its been discussed a lot but still no plans on changing it?

There's this NMR boss (forgot his name) that does something that summons a whole chunk of tentacles and stuff that does a lot of damage and drain mana like crazy... using Essence Conversion is suicidal at times like this...

Quote Originally Posted by Acelsg View Post
    Unable to edit post. So Id have to post as a follow up.

What about Essence Conversion? Its been discussed a lot but still no plans on changing it?

There's this NMR boss (forgot his name) that does something that summons a whole chunk of tentacles and stuff that does a lot of damage and drain mana like crazy... using Essence Conversion is suicidal at times like this...
    Yeah, a couple weeks ago I passed along some ideas about mana and chloro to Kervik. My ideas were;

Idea 1 = Living aegis or chloro talent - Life based damage attack crits have a X% chance to return X mana. Will be a passive mana regain.

Idea 2 = Essence conversion be turned into a toggle where life based abilities return X% mana per cast. Cannot be used with Entropic Veil. Charge cannot be gained while active.

Idea 3 = Essence Conversion be changed to reduce max health by X% per cast, similar to purifier, and will return X% mana per cast. This will reduce the scaling issues presented with current Essence Conversion costing more health per cast as you gain overall health due to gear upgrades, while always returning the same amount of mana.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Telaran

I would love love love a way to put Storm Armor up and not have the knockback effect. Very annoying 'defensive benefit'.
    Gamdol@Greybriar <White Fang>

Sword of Telara

i was thinking of the shield healing, non-shield healing issue we have atm.

since shield healing is basically an increase of the tank's hp pool, the true solution to chloro healing could be the following:

life boost (new 1h buff):
    - synthesis increase the hp of the target by 20k-40k (the true value depends on mage sp), but the target of synthesis cant be shielded anymore (except tank's own shields).

this means:
    - the hp increase is weaker than a shield but its up all the time.
    - all who say chloro is just l2p and all who raid heal with a puri just dont use the buff.
    - all who still have trouble solo healing with chloro should use the buff.

this would bring chloro in line with the shield healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirxe View Post
    i was thinking of the shield healing, non-shield healing issue we have atm.

since shield healing is basically an increase of the tank's hp pool, the true solution to chloro healing could be the following:

life boost (new 1h buff):
    - synthesis increase the hp of the target by 20k-40k (the true value depends on mage sp), but the target of synthesis cant be shielded anymore (except tank's own shields).

this means:
    - the hp increase is weaker than a shield but its up all the time.
    - all who say chloro is just l2p and all who raid heal with a puri just dont use the buff.
    - all who still have trouble solo healing with chloro should use the buff.

this would bring chloro in line with the shield healers.
    Symbiosis be turned into a self buff, 60 sec cooldown, 15 sec duration. All LBV heals done to synthesis target will grant x% damage mitigation for 5 seconds. All LGV heals done will grants x% damage mitigation for 5 seconds.

The % damage mit from LBV should be a higher % than which is granted via LGV.

Proposed change will grant mitigation in a different way other than shielding and increasing effective health pool.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    Symbiosis be turned into a self buff, 60 sec cooldown, 15 sec duration. All LBV heals done to synthesis target will grant x% damage mitigation for 5 seconds. All LGV heals done will grants x% damage mitigation for 5 seconds.

Proposed change will grant mitigation in a different way other than shielding and increasing effective health pool.
    Deeew you are indeed a prophet. If I could add anything to these awesome ideas it would be for essence surge to have a shield built into it perhaps (I mean it's on a 1min cd already right? why isn't it more awesome?). So maybe it heals for 100% of the mages health pool and applies a shield to target for 10% of their own health pool for 10s. Any overhealing would be added to this shield at a 10% rate of the amount overhealed.

If this doesn't seem fair then build this into one of our masteries somewhere. So at least then it would be for 61+ only.

Quote Originally Posted by smellwhat View Post
    Deeew you are indeed a prophet. If I could add anything to these awesome ideas it would be for essence surge to have a shield built into it perhaps (I mean it's on a 1min cd already right? why isn't it more awesome?). So maybe it heals for 100% of the mages health pool and applies a shield to target for 10% of their own health pool for 10s. Any overhealing would be added to this shield at a 10% rate of the amount overhealed.

If this doesn't seem fair then build this into one of our masteries somewhere. So at least then it would be for 61+ only.
    Well, with the current chloro health compared to tank health ratio, essence surge is quite strong. Compared to physician who have base way less health than us, their full heal + shield seems fair in today's meta. If it was Storm Legion I would agree on a tweak or buff to ES, but today, I am cool with its current form.

Sword of Telara

- how big should the mitigation be? 15%?
    - is it fixed or based on sp?
    - is it additive or multiplicative to existing mitigations (guard, defiler, necro)?
    - i like the idea, but the mitigation of necro and defiler got reduced thx to guard, does it make sense to introduce another kind of mitigation now?

Yeah, a couple weeks ago I passed along some ideas about mana and chloro to Kervik. My ideas were;

Idea 1 = Living aegis or chloro talent - Life based damage attack crits have a X% chance to return X mana. Will be a passive mana regain.

Idea 2 = Essence conversion be turned into a toggle where life based abilities return X% mana per cast. Cannot be used with Entropic Veil. Charge cannot be gained while active.

Idea 3 = Essence Conversion be changed to reduce max health by X% per cast, similar to purifier, and will return X% mana per cast. This will reduce the scaling issues presented with current Essence Conversion costing more health per cast as you gain overall health due to gear upgrades, while always returning the same amount of mana.
    I'd rather see Essence Conversion changed to consume X charge to regen Y% mana.
    Would make it unique.

When I get some time, I'll edit the first post to add all the new suggestions.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 ... LastLast