+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 75 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 1116
Like Tree193Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 3.0 Mage suggestions, QoL changes and bugs compendium

  1. #136
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    855

    Default

    i never liked the additional abilities, be it with harb or now with necro.
    they need additional macros if you not want to click them and create unwanted messages.

    it would be better to either buff existing skills or change them in a way.
    during possession your skills getting stronger and producing splash damage, something like that.
    if you use your melee pet you are getting 3 melee pets during that time, so you not need to go melee yourself.

    despawning your pet is a bad idea because big aoes can kill it during the time since it cannot receive any heals at all. crucia liked to kill it.

    btw necro could be our most mobile spec but thx to possession its pretty bad at mobility. in the end it has a pet, bad mobility and low dps...who really need such a spec?!?

    it has to be something like the ranger spec to be useful, i mean mobility and dps wise!

  2. #137
    Telaran
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    94

    Default

    I have to agree with others the extra ability bar is one of the worst game mechanics ever, this is a huge step backward for Necro. There has to be a better way to handle these abilities.

  3. #138
    Ascendant Snap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Hey all,

    Another quick preview of changes heading out with this week's hotfix:
    • Fixed Haunting Pain stacks being considered instant. They'll count as cast time now.
    • Reflective Presence is now off GCD.
    • Putrify is now off GCD.
    • Reduced the cooldown of Possession to 1 minute and its duration to 15s.
    • Possession now adds the new abilities to the temp ability bar and no longer replaces your ability bars. (similar to how EA works on Harbinger)
    • For this latest update it still despawns your pet while Possession is active and blocks summon abilities from being cast.

    I wanted to go with a smaller change to Possession with this pass and so left it despawning the pet. Having it leave the pet active is still on the table, but I want to look into some other changes and see how things work out before changing Possession to that extent.
    Thank you Kervick!

    I'm fairly sure that Necro will need a lot more love, but it's always better to go with small changes.
    Those are great changes that helps a lot for QoL.
    I'm gonna keep a close eye on Necromancer now.

    And to those saying that the bars should be like rogue stealth, I agree it would make it easier, but realistically, all we need to do is make macro with the abilities to place on our bars right now. I think a change to the bar to be stealth, while good, isn't the most pressing matter.

    @Dorilton: How is that a step backward exactly? It's a major buff and you can simply macro the abilities in your bars for the time being.
    It's a major step forward for necro.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

  4. #139
    Phs
    Phs is offline
    Shield of Telara Phs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    744

    Default

    How about some Masteries for Necromancer.
    "When -?- increases your Soul Bond target's incoming healing by #%"
    Eldritch Swiftness let us move while channeling Masters Rage

    Give it more utility and usefulness elsewhere.
    -
    Move Consumption up the tree then make it a double purge, plus remove the mana gain. Why is that even there anyway. We have Lich Form.

    Change Essence Link - make it like the Cleric Mastery. You pop it on three people and when your pet attacks it heals them -a little-. No longer a dot you have to keep up. The Talent Symbiote then now "Increases the healing of Essence Link by #%. Causes Essence Link to increase the damage dealt by affected allies by #%"

    Loyal Minion - Sacrifice 50% of your pets health to give you AND your Soul Bond (not pet) a BIGGER shield. Perhaps keep the cc drop to the mage.

    Also a Quality of Life on Archon.
    Why is the Ashen Defense armour buff 1 hour but the Crumbling Resistance resistance 5 minutes.

  5. #140
    Telaran
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    94

    Default

    I was specifically talking about the extra action bar. They are not usable without macros, it is a huge step back from a usability perspective. I was not referring to DPS. I guess i will just add Necro to the list of specs i will never play.

  6. #141
    Ascendant Snap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorilton View Post
    I was specifically talking about the extra action bar. They are not usable without macros, it is a huge step back from a usability perspective. I was not referring to DPS. I guess i will just add Necro to the list of specs i will never play.
    So being able to use Break Frees, CCs, any other abilities (excluding Lich Form and pet summons) outside of the 4 your pets give you is a step back in terms of usability?

    Why must there always be complaining about changes even tho they are the best changes the soul got in over a year...
    Last edited by Snap; 12-17-2014 at 11:14 AM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

  7. #142
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorilton View Post
    I was specifically talking about the extra action bar. They are not usable without macros, it is a huge step back from a usability perspective. I was not referring to DPS. I guess i will just add Necro to the list of specs i will never play.
    The Possession abilities are actually in the temporary ability bar. The extra action bar is different.

    I don't see how this is a bad thing. This gives you access to your other abilities (e.g. Purge, Link swap/cancel, Break Free) in Possession.

    If it really bugs you, I know of two ways in which you can change it back to something more familiar.

    1. Hotkey the buttons. It is called "Temporary Bar Button X."
    2. Put each skill into a separate macro. Drag the macros into your other main action bars and switch the action bars when you use Possession.

    ___________________________________________


    Some things I thought I should bring up about Contaminate.
    It applies on both the damage and DoT portions of Void Wall, Lightning Wall, Volcanic Bomb, Reaper's Touch, Icy Carapace, Ignite, Storm Nova, Corrosive Spores, Vorpal Slash, and Lucent Slash.
    It applies on Mana Wrench,
    It does NOT apply on Living Storm, Grave Rot, Grasping Void, or Oblivion (from Possession).

    Skills with both a damage and a dot portion appear to have a dot tag, so both parts of the skill receive the damage bonus from Contaminate. This may or may not be intended.

    Vorpal slash also has this tag. I would like to suggest a small change to VS. Please make it do "Deals X to Y Life Damage and applies _____. ____ deals an additional X to Y Life Damage over 8s" and allow the DoT portion to be affected by crit modifier. This removes some of the RNG from VS crits. You could have amazing RNG on critting the DoT half of VS and it wouldn't matter if you never crit on the damage half.

    I am confused why Contaminate does not affect Living Storm and Oblivion. These are DoTs that also damage nearby targets. Only Corrosive Spores got the damage bonus.

    In my opinion, Mana Wrench is the strangest one because it is a channel and Contaminate does not affect any other channels.
    Last edited by Vesyere; 12-17-2014 at 03:34 PM.

  8. #143
    Ascendant Snap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vesyere View Post
    Some things I thought I should bring up about Contaminate.
    It applies on both the damage and DoT portions of Void Wall, Lightning Wall, Volcanic Bomb, Reaper's Touch, Icy Carapace, Ignite, Storm Nova, Corrosive Spores, Vorpal Slash, and Lucent Slash.
    It applies on Mana Wrench,
    It does NOT apply on Living Storm, Grave Rot, Grasping Void, or Oblivion (from Possession).

    Skills with both a damage and a dot portion appear to have a dot tag, so both parts of the skill receive the damage bonus from Contaminate. This may or may not be intended.

    Vorpal slash also has this tag. I would like to suggest a small change to VS. Please make it do "Deals X to Y Life Damage and applies _____. ____ deals an additional X to Y Life Damage over 8s" and allow the DoT portion to be affected by crit modifier. This removes some of the RNG from VS crits. You could have amazing RNG on critting the DoT half of VS and it wouldn't matter if you never crit on the damage half.

    I am confused why Contaminate does not affect Living Storm and Oblivion. These are DoTs that also damage nearby targets. Only Corrosive Spores got the damage bonus.

    In my opinion, Mana Wrench is the strangest one because it is a channel and Contaminate does not affect any other channels.
    Will add the contaminate bugs to warlock section thank you.

    I havn't tried, but Void life and Natural Splendor might also be working strangely with Contaminate due to the way they work.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

  9. #144
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    855

    Default

    all the changes look very little but there is at least a steady flow and i hope it will continue like this.

    the necro changes remind me of the harb changes. nice but not enough to make the spec useful again. it still lacks in dps and mobility.

    since the specs gaining more shape now, our masteries should do as well. i am missing all the little extras for certain specs. when you compare cleric and mage masteries its like day and night and they started as being basically the same.

    one of the most interesting mastery is healing expertise because of what it does to dark touch. we need more of these kind of masteries.

  10. #145
    Ascendant Snap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xirxe View Post
    one of the most interesting mastery is healing expertise because of what it does to dark touch. we need more of these kind of masteries.
    This sentence is so awesome in so many ways I don't even know how to describe it, so I'll put a picture instead.

    3.0 Mage suggestions, QoL changes and bugs compendium-2397__sweetie-belle_that-beautiful.jpg

    P.S. Why are my attachments not working?
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

  11. #146
    Ascendant Snap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    Two things I want to propose:

    #1. Burning Bonds duration to be reduced to 4-5 seconds.
    Reason: Way too powerful in PvP.

    #2. Flash Burn to be made back into a stand alone ability.
    Reason: Unlike what people want this for, I want this because it is currently way too powerful in PvP. 10 seconds CD when target swapping is simply too short of a CD for any CC.
    Alternatively, instead of a stand alone ability, make it 45 seconds internal CD rather than 45 seconds CD on the target. This way it can only be used once every 45 seconds even with target swapping.

    I can already see people screaming at me for proposing a nerf. But Pyro CC is simply too stronk in PvP and need to be toned down.
    Last edited by Snap; 12-17-2014 at 05:21 PM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

  12. #147
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    Two things I want to propose:

    #1. Burning Bonds duration to be reduced to 4-5 seconds.
    Reason: Way too powerful in PvP.

    #2. Flash Burn to be made back into a stand alone ability.
    Reason: Unlike what people want this for, I want this because it is currently way too powerful in PvP. 10 seconds CD when target swapping is simply too short of a CD for any CC.
    Alternatively, instead of a stand alone ability, make it 45 seconds internal CD rather than 45 seconds CD on the target. This way it can only be used once every 45 seconds even with target swapping.

    I can already see people screaming at me for proposing a nerf. But Pyro CC is simply too stronk in PvP and need to be toned down.
    cc is the only defence a pyro has beside the small shield.

    if you think pyro cc is too powerful what about ranger's diffuse for example? playing godmode for 10s every min, ignoring all damage.

    as long as skills like these are being (mis)used in pvp pyro is more than fine!

    btw inq has better burst, better mobility, a purge and some selfheals. why shouldnt pyro have a strong cc at least?

  13. #148
    Ascendant Snap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xirxe View Post
    cc is the only defence a pyro has beside the small shield.

    if you think pyro cc is too powerful what about ranger's diffuse for example? playing godmode for 10s every min, ignoring all damage.

    as long as skills like these are being (mis)used in pvp pyro is more than fine!

    btw inq has better burst, better mobility, a purge and some selfheals. why shouldnt pyro have a strong cc at least?
    I agree with diffuse being godmode and Inquisitor being too good.
    Still doesn't excuse Pyro having too effective CC.

    It's easy to point at what's OP and say: "Well, if they are OP, this should be OP too."
    Yes, Diffuse and Inquisitor needs a nerf for PvP, but Pyro CC does as well.

    I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants more than pyro to DPS with in PvP.
    I'm happy about being able to at least use Warlock and I'm looking forward to being able to use Necro and hopefully another spec pretty soon with how much Kervick has been listening to the mages suggestions.

    Also, Flicker is one of the best defensive ability one can wish for.
    Last edited by Snap; 12-18-2014 at 09:23 AM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

  14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #149
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Hey all,

    Below is a list of more potential changes I'm looking at for the Necromancer. To be clear, none of these have actually been implemented yet. At the moment I'm just looking for feedback. These are primarily aimed at improving the QOL of the soul and adding a bit more DPS to it. They aren't aimed at overhauling the soul or redefining the role it plays.

    With that, here's the list:
    • The Velocity buff from Elementalist can now be procced by Plague Bolt.
    • Reduce cooldown of Bone Frenzy to 15s.
    • Increase the healing from Essence Link by ~40%.
    • Change Symbiote to increase healing from Essence Link by 25/50%.
    • Increase ICD on Essence Link heal proc to 1s (currently the ICD is 0.5s). Add info on the ICD to the ability description.
    • Reduce channel time of Soul Purge to 4s. Increase damage by ~25%.
    • Reduce Heal from Improved Soul Purge to 0.15/0.3% of damage done.
    • Corpse Explosion Ė 15s duration. Deals X damage to up to 5 enemies around the affected enemy when damaged by the casterís Plague Bolt. Deals Y damage to up to 5 enemies if the affected enemy dies. Consumes the casterís Corpse Explosion and triggers their death explosion on all enemies hit.
    • Corpse Pile Ė Gives Corpse Explosion a 50/100% chance to spread to up to 5 enemies if hit by Grave Rot. Damage from the death explosion from Corpse Explosion deals an additional 50% of its damage over 6s to all enemies it hits.
    • The damage bonus from Bone Armor now affects the casterís pets as well.
    • Last Gasp now deals X damage each time the affected enemy is healed once the maximum 5 stacks is reached and will no longer apply new stacks or refresh existing stacks.
    • Healing Exigency (Mastery) now also reduces the cast time of Mass Grave by 100%.
    • Reduce the duration of Mass Grave to 15s.
    • Reduce cooldown of Mass Grave to 1 minute.
    • Reduce cooldown of Empty the Crypts to 1 minute.
    • Recuce Charge cost of Empty the Crypts to 50.
    • Increase the damage of Plague Bolt by ~25%.
    • Deadly Plague now also applies to Corpse Talon.
    • Loyal Minion now sacrifices 25% of your petís health and gives the Mage a shield equal to 50% of the damage done. Reduced the duration of the control immunity effect to 5s.

  15. #150
    Ascendant Snap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    This is... beautiful...

    Kervick. Thank you so much.

    I'll leave the more in depth feedback to someone more proficient in Necro, but looking at the list of potential changes, all of those just sound fantastic.
    Most of all the QoL needed for Necro are addressed in those changes and it feels like a very fair amount of damage boost without bringing Necromancer above the top and I can't think of any hybrid that would overly benefit from those changes. After such changes, I believe it would be much more easy to evaluate the level of necromancer and work on finishing touches to bring it on par with the raiding and PvP values.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 75 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts