+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arbiter - Storm Front Bug or Working as intended?

Default Arbiter - Storm Front Bug or Working as intended?

Can someone help me understand why Storm Front is not giving the 30% armor that it advertises?

With full buffs I'm sitting @ 163906 Armor before Storm Front is applied. once applied I have 177125 for a grand total of 13219 additional armor. That's not exactly 30% that 7.4%. I should see a gain of 49171 armor to be a true 30%

I thought it may have just calculated base armor, so i stripped off my buffs and looked at my unmodified armor, which was 97815. Once Storm Front was applied I was @ 111033 armor for a grand total of 13218 additional armor. That's not 30% either and is more like 13.5%. I should see a gain of 29344 armor to see a true 30%

So please if anyone knows why this is off, or if this may be a bug let me know. I was pulling my hair out trying to pick apart the Arbiter Soul since I am coming back and want to tank.

Only way I can rationalize this is if it's a bug or I'm already hitting some sort of diminishing return on armor..if that's even a thing at this stage.
    Last edited by Grim Tidings; 11-05-2014 at 10:22 PM.
    Sir Azyurel of Eternal
    Eternal of Greybriar
    "WTF is the internet?"

Armor increases are additive, not multiplicative. You're already sitting on a massive armor multiplier from the Arbiter gift and Arcane Ward.

In other words, Storm Front only adds 30% of your base armor.

Nevermind I answered my own question. This is 30% prior to ANY modifiers. So it's 30% of your BASE armor value and not your modified armor value. Man I really wish that tool tip would say that....
    Sir Azyurel of Eternal
    Eternal of Greybriar
    "WTF is the internet?"

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Armor increases are additive, not multiplicative. You're already sitting on a massive armor multiplier from the Arbiter gift and Arcane Ward.

In other words, Storm Front only adds 30% of your base armor.
    yeah thanks...I was just running the math on the BASE armor as your replied. thanks for the clarification.
    Sir Azyurel of Eternal
    Eternal of Greybriar
    "WTF is the internet?"

Yup, it's 30% of the Armor from items. As Muspel said, your stat sheet already shows the Armor bonus from Gift and Arcane Ward, so to accurately find the Armor gained from Storm Front (or any bonus, really) you'd have to manually add up the Armor on your items and calculate from there.

Quote Originally Posted by KelbornOrdo View Post
    Yup, it's 30% of the Armor from items. As Muspel said, your stat sheet already shows the Armor bonus from Gift and Arcane Ward, so to accurately find the Armor gained from Storm Front (or any bonus, really) you'd have to manually add up the Armor on your items and calculate from there.
    Or, you can just look at what your armor is in a spec with no armor multipliers (which is most easily done by just resetting your soul points). Be sure to subtract any bonus armor from PA, though, as that is not affected by armor multipliers (it's 80 armor if you have filled out every armor hex).

+ Reply to Thread