+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3.0 Pyromancer or Warlock

Default 3.0 Pyromancer or Warlock

So I just returned to the game yesterday after a 3 month break. Im just wondering what is a better dps spec pyromancer or warlock considering I love both. Im level 60 and still leveling also Pyromancer seems to do more dps on mobs but I think its a bit inaccurate considering to me Warlock has a little bit of a ramp up time having to put all dots on the target than doing the rotation. What is the better spec for dungeons I usually run warlock because of the dot spreading and stuff but how is Pyromancer? Another thing the build I run for warlock is 61 lock, 9 necromancer, and 6 harbinger for the spellpower and the extra dot.

Champion of Telara

Pyromancer is best ST dps currently. Warlock is still good particularly where cleave is needed. Storm caller is now best AoE dps

Pyro for ST DPS

Warlock for 2-5 target DPS

Stormcaller for 5+ target DPS

Necromancer for Dungeons if your tank needs Soul Bond*

*which is probably all the time now, especially on trash. either you use 2 healers, or you use a Link from Necro or Defiler.

Sword of Telara

I guess it might depend on what you are doing.

I know running Warlock on a zone invasion (at least on Faeblight) is near impossible to time refreshing your dots because of the extreme ability lag.

Haven't done a (10-person) raid yet, so I don't know how bad that may or may not be.
    Last edited by Bluejaye; 10-28-2014 at 06:39 AM.

+ Reply to Thread