+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Mage Masteries

Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post
    Veils are 35m radius.
    Yeah that's what I meant to type, dunno why I type 30 lol.

Though if you want to get really specific... it's actually 34m, since the base range is only 19m. Go test it with a RangeFinder addon and see for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by KelbornOrdo View Post
    Yeah that's what I meant to type, dunno why I type 30 lol.

Though if you want to get really specific... it's actually 34m, since the base range is only 19m. Go test it with a RangeFinder addon and see for yourself.
    Don't even get me started on actual ranges...

Ever check flourish, withering vine, wild growth, natural splendor? It's crazy.....average 1-3 meters shorter than tooltip/intended range. Same goes for other classes aoe heals, such as warden.

Pretty crazy stuff. Discovered this one like 8'ish months ago, reported it, never got changed =/
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

I tested Withering Vine and Natural Splendor a while ago when writing a Chloro guide for my guild's site (since everyone just refused to read Ahov's for whatever reason and Val's was outdated). Don't remember what Natural Splendor was, but 14.5m on Withering Vine is just silly. Didn't test Flourish, but it definitely seems off from the intended 20m. The debuff of Wild Growth at least is exactly 25m (or at least that's what I remember), never tested the heal radius though.

I tested Withering Vine and Natural Splendor a while ago when writing a Chloro guide for my guild's site (since everyone just refused to read Ahov's for whatever reason and Val's was outdated). Don't remember what Natural Splendor was, but 14.5m on Withering Vine is just silly. Didn't test Flourish, but it definitely seems off from the intended 20m. The debuff of Wild Growth at least is exactly 25m (or at least that's what I remember), never tested the heal radius though.

Yupppp NS is like 6 or 7, WG heal radius is less than the debuffs by a couple, but I am sure you detected the pattern and guessed that for yourself.

Silly stuff, I couldn't believe what I was seeing when I first noticed it.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Sword of Telara

range is a funny thing in rift.

35m chloro heals, but just 25m grp cleanse?!?!
    35m warlock dps, but just 30m radiate death?!!?

or put hailstorm and eye of the storm in a macro and most of the time the skills wont get casted due to range (suddenly they are down to 20m range). had it all the time on greenscale.

btw what is the aoe range of natures fury? probably 14.75m....

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Allmightyone View Post
    Who cares as long as it's balanced. The reason for the negative stats is to prevent the ''one mastery to rule them all'' scenario. It doesn't matter what make us good as long as we're good.
    this sounds that masteries are only here to balance things, rest we shouldnt care.

so lets see what we have:

lvl 61-63 masteries:
    mostly minor qol and tiny selfheals, nothing worth to speak of.

Lvl 64 masteries can be combined into 1 mastery:
    - increase damage by 4%
    - increase duration of withering vine by 100%
    - increase the range of blade rush and avalanche by 10m

lvl 65 masteries, which are useful:
    arcane manipulation or phantom stream (pvp).

question is, why not balance the few useful specs we have instead of introducing redundant stuff like these masteries?

is there really an option when you only can decide between 4 bad masteries for each lvl?
    and they all have to be bad because one is bad, so the rest has to be bad as well for balance reasons. yea, i get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Xirxe View Post
    this sounds that masteries are only here to balance things, rest we shouldnt care.

so lets see what we have:

lvl 61-63 masteries:
    mostly minor qol and tiny selfheals, nothing worth to speak of.
    Haha, no. In those Masteries I see a lot of extra survivability and DPS gains for Harb, Lock, and the entire raid, because 20 target Lava Field. Not to mention extra utility for Chloro with mobile Natural Splendor and double-ST cleanse, as well as 100% HP with 30%DR for 5s combat rezzes. There's a lot worthy to speak of in those masteries.

Lvl 64 masteries can be combined into 1 mastery:
    - increase damage by 4%
    - increase duration of withering vine by 100%
    - increase the range of blade rush and avalanche by 10m
    Umm... no. All of the 64 Masteries benefit different specs. Could they use some more flavor from extra passives on Arcane Finesse and Methodical Destruction? Sure. But your suggestion to combine them is even more bland.

lvl 65 masteries, which are useful:
    arcane manipulation or phantom stream (pvp).
    Do you even heal, bro? Phantom Stream and Mending Respose are used by both Chloro and Arbiter. True, Arcane Manipulation is better than Ethereal Flux for all DPS specs atm, but a slight damage buff could change that. I haven't tested it with the new 3s per cast cd reduction (was 2s), but that might even have it pull ahead for some specs now.

question is, why not balance the few useful specs we have instead of introducing redundant stuff like these masteries?

is there really an option when you only can decide between 4 bad masteries for each lvl?
    and they all have to be bad because one is bad, so the rest has to be bad as well for balance reasons. yea, i get it!
    None of the Masteries are bad. They're just all for different situations. We have ones for solo, PvP, DPS, healing, and tanking. Since apparently you only play DPS of course half the Masteries are going to be "bad".

Prophet of Telara

Kervik do you plan adding a bit more class-specific masteries for mages ?

I counted them and we have 10 while clerics have 18.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    Kervik do you plan adding a bit more class-specific masteries for mages ?

I counted them and we have 10 while clerics have 18.
    maybe we will see more specific masteries once our specs are up to date again. and i am not talking about pyro, arb or sc.

Sword of Telara

Haha, no. In those Masteries I see a lot of extra survivability and DPS gains for Harb, Lock, and the entire raid, because 20 target Lava Field. Not to mention extra utility for Chloro with mobile Natural Splendor and double-ST cleanse, as well as 100% HP with 30%DR for 5s combat rezzes. There's a lot worthy to speak of in those masteries.

Umm... no. All of the 64 Masteries benefit different specs. Could they use some more flavor from extra passives on Arcane Finesse and Methodical Destruction? Sure. But your suggestion to combine them is even more bland.

Do you even heal, bro? Phantom Stream and Mending Respose are used by both Chloro and Arbiter. True, Arcane Manipulation is better than Ethereal Flux for all DPS specs atm, but a slight damage buff could change that. I haven't tested it with the new 3s per cast cd reduction (was 2s), but that might even have it pull ahead for some specs now.

None of the Masteries are bad. They're just all for different situations. We have ones for solo, PvP, DPS, healing, and tanking. Since apparently you only play DPS of course half the Masteries are going to be "bad".
    i am talking about dps here because most mages will play dps since the spots of non-dps in raids are rather limited.

sure, the lvl64 masteries all benefit different specs but what they basically do is raising dps by 4-5%. therefore i said you could create just 1 bland mastery with a 4% damage increase instead of 4 fake masteries which are doing the same for each spec.

for a dps not only half of the masteries are bad, most of them (not all) are bad or redundant.

Plane Touched

maybe we will see more specific masteries once our specs are up to date again. and i am not talking about pyro, arb or sc.
    Lets see...
    Specific Masteries:
    4 Chloro (I count the battle res one to be chloro-specific since no other mage soul can do that)
    2 Harb
    2 Arb
    1 Dom
    1 Lock
    1 Archon
    1 Necro/Ele

So, as far as "newly updated" souls are concerned, Arb gets 2 soul-specific effect, Lock get 1, while Pyro/SC (newly revamped compared to the other souls) gets none.

Necro/Ele/Archon each get one while being rather high on the "to change" list, Harb gets 2 and Chloro gets 4.

I don't really see how revamps/updates is going to change anything in regards to soul-specific masteries, considering Pyro/SC. Pretty funny considering that an SC one could be as simple as "you can move while casting Raging Storm" like the Natural Splendor one for Chloro.

That the newly updated souls get nothing...
    Last edited by Xallista; 10-19-2014 at 07:51 AM.

for a dps not only half of the masteries are bad, most of them (not all) are bad or redundant.
    I really don't see how DPS gains can be bad, but okay.

And like I said, if you only play DPS of course the Healing, Tanking, Surivability, Utility, and Mobility Masteries are going to be "bad" for you.

What is it that you want from Masteries? Every single one to be an OP uber DPS buff?

The Mage Masteries seem to be very lack luster and boring, if anything they seem not to be worth all the trouble for what little you get. Trion could have done a better job with the Mages......

Sword of Telara

I really don't see how DPS gains can be bad, but okay.

And like I said, if you only play DPS of course the Healing, Tanking, Surivability, Utility, and Mobility Masteries are going to be "bad" for you.

What is it that you want from Masteries? Every single one to be an OP uber DPS buff?
    i dont want op masteries, i even mentioned to nerf pyro a 3rd time to give us proper masteries.

i have a cleric alt and when i look at the cleric masteries i think omg, they really improve the specs, not just 4% more damage here, 4% more damage there.

the mage masteries were very similar to the cleric ones in the beginning, over the time the cleric ones improved and the mage ones got worse.

for some it doesent matter as long as dps is balanced. sure, but then why we have masteries at all when its just about balance? that could be done without them!

Rift Disciple

The fact that Dominators MUST now take Arcanist's Shield in order to Transmogrify 2 people is ridiculous since it was originally a sure thing when you equip the Dominator Synergy crystal. How is that EVEN a boost?

And if we were to pick something else more useful like Final Breath (because everybody purges Dominator debuffs like mad in pvp) to deter people from cleansing our already weak dots to begin with, we lose the very essence of our class, which is to CC.

Perhaps it should be changed to letting us Transmogrify 3/4 people. That would actually MAKE SENSE.
    Last edited by Acelsg; 10-19-2014 at 02:41 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast