+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: So about those Harbinger changes...

Shield of Telara

I don't like harbinger at all because im a mage im suppose to be range dps that's why Im playing mage, if I want an OP melee class I would be rogue not mage

Make harb mana regen toggle as arb mana regen. I don't have any more issue with harb.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Sword of Telara

is the top heal spec of the cleric defiler and rest useless?

is the top dps spec of warrior tempest and rest useless?

is the top dps spec of a rogue ranger and rest useless?

ofc not, so why should harb be our top dps spec?
    mages want options, being able to choose the right dps spec for the fight like a cleric is able to choose the right healing spec. most of the mage specs are range, that means our options are the range specs and not a single melee one.

harb is a good subspec and a good solo spec with all the survivability. it could be a good pvp spec as well. i hope that will be the target of the overhauling.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirxe View Post

mages want options, being able to choose the right dps spec for the fight like a cleric is able to choose the right healing spec. most of the mage specs are range, that means our options are the range specs and not a single melee one.

harb is a good subspec and a good solo spec with all the survivability. it could be a good pvp spec as well. i hope that will be the target of the overhauling.
    Same can be said for Pyro. But I think both you and I are getting to the same point; we should have options. We should not have one, maybe two dps options and that is it. I remember a point during T1 where we actually had some options; harb edged out pyro, pyro was better ranged st than lock, lock owned a couple fights with cleave/doubledot, necro was actually amazing on a few certain things(till ce nerf...) and the lazy kids could still run around with necrolist pretending they were competitive. Right now we have Pyro and Lock, prior to that we had Lock.

I'm not asking for Harb to overshadow Pyro or Lock, I'm asking for Harb to be a viable soul on melee favored fights(fights where melee uptime is near 100% and extreme movment cuts into our ranged/casttime dps(pyro): laethys). More tools, not less.
    Last edited by NotTrev; 08-20-2014 at 12:34 PM.

#1 worst name NA, all time
    Soulstorm!

Ascendant

Wait wait wait, so if everyone else doesn't invalidate their other souls, why is it acceptable for Harbinger to be entirely invalidated by Pyro and Warlock?
    Which is wrong because it contradicts the philosophy of Melee> Ranged.
    WHy do you think Pyro got nerfed?
    If harbinger is never capable of competing with the other melee specs, and ranged specs will always be below melee specs DPS wise, then that will mean Mages won't ever have a spec that will properly compete with Melee.

Having a large amount of ranged specs =/= should only have ranged options.
    Why would you bother even having a melee spec, if its never used?
    Might as well refund everyone who bought Harbinger if the very class whom Harbinger was advertised for, is constantly trying to remove its existence.

Um..no?
    Cause solo doesn't matter since you can solo with Ele, Necro, Chloro, Pyro...EVERYTHING.
    PvP wise?
    Pyro is perfectly viable.
    Dom is.
    Stormcaller can be.
    Ele and Necro have their own niche.

IF every soul can function in both PvE and PvP; why should Harbinger be the odd man out?
    Because, the Mage forum apparently does not read and forgets that the majority of Mage's in literature have melee combat skills?

Must be all the DnD and EQ peeps.

Harb needs buffs, not only to abide Trion's philosophy, but to ensure it is a worthwhile soul to use.
    The whole "arch type" nonsense is the same thing Warrior's constantly got made fun of for...and now the Mage forum wants to do it as well?
    Last edited by Katosu; 08-20-2014 at 07:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    The whole "arch type" nonsense is the same thing Warrior's constantly got made fun of for...and now the Mage forum wants to do it as well?
    They've been borrowing a lot of pages out of the Wqrriqr Handbook around here lately. "If we're not the best by at least 20%, we're useless!" "Don't nerf my one OP spec, buff 7 others!" "OP specs are fine, because something else someone else had was OP once!" "There's this one fight where we're only 2% ahead, so it's balanced!"

Oh well. It's funny at least.

Just remember: dreams can come true.

Ascendant

I would like for Kervik to comment about it sometime, perhaps I should just fire him a PM instead.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #23
    Rift Team

To throw an update on Harb into this, don't look for a larger update to Harb until sometime after 3.0 hits. At the moment there are enough things being worked on for 3.0 that soul updates along the lines of the Stormcaller or Pyro aren't going to fit in until the 3.0 stuff is finished.

However, there is a smaller update for Harb that should be out with this week's hotfix. After many requests, I've gone ahead and reduced the cooldown of Empyrean Ascension to 1 minute and reduced its duration to 15s.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    To throw an update on Harb into this, don't look for a larger update to Harb until sometime after 3.0 hits. At the moment there are enough things being worked on for 3.0 that soul updates along the lines of the Stormcaller or Pyro aren't going to fit in until the 3.0 stuff is finished.

However, there is a smaller update for Harb that should be out with this week's hotfix. After many requests, I've gone ahead and reduced the cooldown of Empyrean Ascension to 1 minute and reduced its duration to 15s.
    Any hints at that 3.0 "stuff"?
    Haybale@Greybriar

Ascendant

Pretty sure this harb change will be useless since pyro is still grossly op and will still be the go to spec.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kiika View Post
    Pretty sure this harb change will be useless since pyro is still grossly op and will still be the go to spec.
    This will be the case. Zero skill needed, 35m ranged, faceroll spam. No way harbinger can keep up unless kervik intentionally create another op mage soul after pyro and warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by haybale View Post
    Well, at the minimum, there's masteries, as well as the retuning that will be made to accomodate the changes to endurance/base health scaling.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #28
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by haybale View Post
    Nothing too flashy for the 3.0 stuff other than the Masteries and the health changes that Muspel already mentioned. There are some other stat changes/updates that are coming with 3.0 which have required time as well. Other than those a good amount of time has been spent with more general things required for 3.0, like ranking up abilities, updating NPC difficulties for the new zones and levels, and other progression related updates.
    Last edited by Kervik; 08-25-2014 at 01:17 PM.

Ascendant

Personally I would like to see soloable raids with cosmetic gear as a reward but that is just me.
    <_<

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Nothing too flashy for the 3.0 stuff other than the Masteries and the health changes that Muspel already mentioned. There are some other stat changes/updates that are coming with 3.0 which have required time as well. Other than those a good amount of time has been spent with more general things required for 3.0, like ranking up abilities, updating NPC difficulties for the new zones and levels, and other progression related updates.
    Any new class or soul related to the new expansion 3.0 (ice/water etc etc)?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast