+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Zafan
  • 3 Post By Phs
  • 1 Post By Mav986

Thread: 2.8 builds

Soulwalker

Default 2.8 builds

Hey guys. I used to play rift (as a healer) and back as a mage now. I mainly solo'd so far and used Pyro/ my pyro build or elementalist build, etc. There's been a few game-changers with the pyro mobility reduction (only seems to hurt me a bit in PVP)

Seeing as I'm 1 month old or so to the mage, I'm not trying to be lazy but I would love to hear/see your builds for PVE (survival/most dmg), PVP, Healing, Dungeons (healing/dps'ing/util) and whatever you think is useful. Yes, I know that a lot of these builds didn't change with the 2.8, I'm still curious to have a recent thread. And no, I'm not trying to get you to do all the work for me. Ideas don't mean I won't apply changes. I still think those of you who have been playing it for a while know better/know where to start, which I don't. And yes, I've read the forums. I have ideas. I just think that having people post something, then having other critique it, etc is always useful.

As for me, I'm going to change my pyro PVE build to a harb build due to the mobility changes and higher dps now that I'm getting closer to 60. I didn't worry about it too too much before because with a bit of gear, you can likely mash random buttoms and kill stuff in the old world ;p

Edited for spelling because I'm apparantly not hooked on phonics lol

Respectfully,

Pat
    Last edited by Smushy; 08-09-2014 at 01:43 PM.

Telaran

First off, welcome back.

I know you aren't meaning to sound lazy, however there are literally threads on page 1 of Class guides that fit every description you have. I even started a thread that later got taken over that is called "PvP my list" that has PvP builds.. They may have changed slightly with 2.8, but they definitely give you a majority selection.

PVE wise, there are many as well. The first page has builds on pretty much every major build, and all you have to do is read them slightly to see if they fit your needs and then try them out. That's pretty much how you do it. And most of these thread have input on why people think or NOT think they are the best builds..

I know you're probably wanting a thread that says a "Top list" however, with Rift being so diverse in its builds, along with difficulty in some builds to use properly, you need to read up on them anyways to see if they are best for you.

Hope that helped a bit. Good luck.
    Last edited by Zafan; 08-09-2014 at 02:19 PM.

Phs

Harbinger DPS (12SC/3Ele) / Harbinger Survival (11Chloro/4Ele)
    Pyromancer
    Warlock (9Necro/6Harb) or (10Necro/5Chloro)
    Chloromancer (61Chloro/10SC/5Harb)
    Pick an updated chon spec Pyrochon I guess.
    I don't pvp often enough to care about it.

Reading is your friend. Like Zafan said: This is Rift - builds change and are diverse. They can change depending on what you need it for, how you play. "Play the spec your heart chooses~" yeah
    Last edited by Phs; 08-09-2014 at 03:31 PM.

Soulwalker

Thank you for the replies, guys. My worry was that since the specs were from older updates (I see some as far as 2.3), that they wouldn't be remotely usable today and that I would just waste a lot of time trying out a ton of older things. If I had been reading patches since then as most players who were active have, then it would of been easier to know ''ok this changed and this was updated'', etc. I guess that the TLR version of this is I was afraid to play builds that were not totally irrelevant, etc. I don't really feel like sucking badly in dungeons or chronicles, etc.

Thanks for the feedback. I have read some stuff already of course but I wanted to make sure that it was still relevant. I will continue reading. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Phs View Post
    Harbinger DPS (12SC/3Ele) / Harbinger Survival (11Chloro/4Ele)
    Pyromancer
    Warlock (9Necro/6Harb) or (10Necro/5Chloro)
    Chloromancer (61Chloro/10SC/5Harb)
    Pick an updated chon spec Pyrochon I guess.
    I don't pvp often enough to care about it.

Reading is your friend. Like Zafan said: This is Rift - builds change and are diverse. They can change depending on what you need it for, how you play. "Play the spec your heart chooses~" yeah
    ew, harbinger. That **** is the redheaded stepchild of mage specs right now.

@OP

61/12/3 Pyro/SC/Harb - DPS
    61/9/6 Lock/Necro/Harb - DPS
    61/10/5 Chloro/SC/Harb - Heal

I can't remember the exact Harbchon spec I run. Will have to check later.
    Last edited by Mav986; 08-09-2014 at 06:16 PM.

Telaran

I would also suggest looking for Hearbeat "Allmightyone" and "IllusiveEQs" guides in the mage section and they can pretty much sum what the classes do and how to use them. =D They are awesome.

+ Reply to Thread