+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By Belorian
  • 2 Post By Axarion

Thread: Well done Kervik!

Default Well done Kervik!

Between all the QQ and complaints flooding the Rift forums, I do want to say well done Kervik on the revamps of the mage souls and the current position and diversity of the mage class in general. This is the first time since Vanilla Rift where I actually feel we are no longer tied to melee only or 1 or 2 useful specs, but can actually adapt to various situations with a pletora of options available.

We have a powerful double and triple-target spec for fights that require it, a revamped pyro that consists of great burst and is effective both in PvE and PVP where we're an actual threat to enemy healers again (yes even Physicians!), a great AoE Stormcaller soul that's both fun to play and effective for situations that require so, a SC / Arb hybrid that works beautifully in PVP, a Dominator soul that can single-handed derail an entire enemy team in PVP and CQ, arguably the best Tank soul in the game for PvE, a Healer that can easily swap between raid and tank heals with the click of a button and offers great HPS, effective Archon hybrids for raid support that come with great DPS, useful solo specs for when you're alone and so on.

Heck I'm even buying extra roles because I'm running out of slots for all the specs I want to play and have! Perhaps some of you don't agree with me, but I feel Mage is in a beautiful position right now. Well done!
    Last Dawn @ Zaviel
    Shifthappens - 50 Cleric || Omfgkittens - 60 Mage

tl; dr: Thx for making our specs op.

Soulwalker

Default macros for this spec?

does anyone have any macros for this spec, if so can you post it.
    second looking for the kuruuls alert code for pyro cant seem to find anything.. thanks to those tht might help

I miss the nerf Rogues' (insert here) OPness. Heat's on Pyro's now. I just rolled a mage just to experience this.
    Last edited by Ynrapbag; 08-09-2014 at 08:12 AM.
    Let Elrar know you care @

https://twitter.com/GiantApproved

Good thing I have a lvl 1 mage alt, which still has those "trion sry for chat" troves.

After the recent event, we may even see more of those...

And with the new full ****** buffs to pyro in PvP ( I hear noone tested it on PTS for PvP, because noone actually plays on PTS, lol), might be a good time to go and level it up.

Well done Kervik indeed!

Plane Touched

*fat waste of space*

Well, was in alt run with my mage yday and had so much fun. SC on aky, thunder&lightning everywhere! Pyro burning stuff like crazy, all sort of wild stuff flying from my hands!
    Mage feels like.....mage again! Thank you Kervik!
    World 1st red trinket - finally retired. Tnx for chronicles!

The level of smug I am experiencing cannot be put into words.

Quote Originally Posted by VolitheBear View Post
    And with the new full ****** buffs to pyro in PvP ( I hear noone tested it on PTS for PvP, because noone actually plays on PTS, lol), might be a good time to go and level it up.
    I tested it, which is why I was about the only person saying that it didn't need any PvP buffs.

I'm up to 9 roles but I think I might still need to buy more. Honestly, if trion wants a plat sink so badly, they should remove the option to buy roles with credits (or lower the plat cost to match the cost of REX) and make more viable souls and hybrids for each class.
    <Critical Hit>
    1/4 RoF 1/5 MS

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by WyldStallyns View Post
    I'm up to 9 roles but I think I might still need to buy more. Honestly, if trion wants a plat sink so badly, they should remove the option to buy roles with credits (or lower the plat cost to match the cost of REX) and make more viable souls and hybrids for each class.
    Yeah I have 10 and will probably have to have 2-3 more if when we get another soul reworked.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    The level of smug I am experiencing cannot be put into words.

I tested it, which is why I was about the only person saying that it didn't need any PvP buffs.
    I shot some spells at a guildy on a healing soul like a target dummy and they didn't feel too absurd one way or another, but the spec kept getting tweaked and I didn't get to check every iteration. They were missing a valor item or two as well so I was honestly expecting way bigger hits.
    As soon as the suggestion to give fireball the .5s off its cast made it through I felt it had made it to what I wanted in terms of play style and let the course run on number tweaks.

+ Reply to Thread