+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 540
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Will pyro's insane dps domination be changed?

  1. #106
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EzPyroman View Post
    There are a lot of bad mages or they are just flat out lying.
    At top end game play, pyro will own tempest (regardless of variation) in burst AND sustained. That's right, pyro will out burst tempest with wavelength and pyro's sustained dps is a whole tier above all other ranged specs.

    Pyro is about 1-2k ahead of 61 assassin which is the 2nd highest dps spec ingame.
    Pyro is about 2-3k ahead of shaman and paragon.
    Pyro is about 4-5k ahead of tempest and ranger about 6k ahead of inquisitor.
    Pyro is about 10k (10000) ahead of marksman.

    People with a sane mind wouldnt say pyro is "fine". Especially when the 2nd highest ranged spec ingame is warlock, and the highest non-mage ranged spec is 4k behind.

    But hey, I dont mind, I came back to the game coz coworker told me pyro got really overpowered overnight and is top dps spec, I am pvping with ascended courage buff, and I have very little issue bursting down cocky R90 noobs. Its amazing how much fun you can have melting people's face off in Lv60 WF wearing leveling greens and blues.
    is this a joke? L2p issue GG , you have 1 button tempest super easy to play and you cant still beat pyro with much harder rotation? really? gg

  2. #107
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hayaku View Post
    Pyro has the highest DPS ingame. Assassin has lower DPS. But which one will stay alive longer? You guys should THINK. It's obvious that static mage has highest DPS. Plus remember that there was not a single fix to pyro in hotfixes. Why? Because they analyze him now. They may adjust a few things, maybe they will add some new root spell (they should) but still pyro will have highest DPS and that's perfectly ok.
    assassin lower dps ? you made my day lol L2P

  3. #108
    Champion Beanster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    is this a joke? L2p issue GG , you have 1 button tempest super easy to play and you cant still beat pyro with much harder rotation? really? gg
    Show me one button top-3 DPS tempest and I'll show you void knight that insta-kills with 30-button combo.

  4. #109
    Rift Disciple Godmoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    179

    Default

    This is why mage's don't get nice things. None of there dps classes have been able to hang with melee's for years, because of so many bad players. yep you have to push more than one button now to kill a pyro. wait lets go over what the rogue and warrior community has been saying to mages forever now. The game is not balanced around 1vs1. (even though you will still tear apart a pyro). its just a l2p issue, which this is so stop whining.
    Ghosthart@wolfsbane

  5. #110
    Champion Yaarielle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    assassin lower dps ? you made my day lol L2P
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    is this a joke? L2p issue GG , you have 1 button tempest super easy to play and you cant still beat pyro with much harder rotation? really? gg
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    Then t a L2p issue you have 1 button top dps build if you cant beat pyro with t3 relics is because you are bad. Nobody can fix if you are not skilled enough to beat pyro with your shinny relics sorry but nobody can fix that
    Bro, do you PvE?
    Last edited by Yaarielle; 08-11-2014 at 02:06 PM.
    Yaarissime@Greybriar, lvl 65 cleric (taking a pause from the game)
    Chewgi@Greybriar, lvl 60 warrior
    Greanie@Hailol, lvl 60 rogue
    Youshallnotpass@Hailol, lvl 20 mage

  6. #111
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yaarielle View Post
    Bro, do you PvE?
    Yes I pve and pvp , mostly im top dps and I beat players with t3 relic weapon many time because I know how to play my class I don't spend time whinning and asking for nerf . In pvp im many times top dps and top kills even when pyro was bad and underpowered for more than 1 year. The problem is not nerfing a balanced class like pyro the problem is some people asking for nerf have their skill nerfed and need to learn how to properly improve their dps GG

  7. #112
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanster View Post
    Show me one button top-3 DPS tempest and I'll show you void knight that insta-kills with 30-button combo.

    and yes warriors and rogues are the king of 1 macro button op class gg, do you want to be good? play a mage to know what is a real challenge to do good dps. Warrior and rogues are class for 3 year old baby and complaining all the time having OP souls with 1 button macro gg

  8. #113
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post

    /snip self serving wall of text based on <its a mage thing you wouldn't understand> trope and <melee mages are stupid> trope.
    First these games are about numbers...that is it. Someone does NOT need to be a specific calling to be a parse and do math.

    Second because of 1...if you have a utility ability it doesn't matter. The top dps souls need to obey the same rules. You, and I actually, may not agree that Assassin is the top Rogue melee soul. I never liked assassin. However they did decide to make it the top melee soul so saying "Lethal brings more dps to a raid that Pyro ever will" is a straw man argument.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  9. #114
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    77

    Default

    You know kervik really balanced pyro well when elfa agrees.

    He's like the mage rep. Elfa for mage president and spokesman of mage calling.

  10. #115
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tollwutig View Post
    Exactly we don't know what is in store for Clerics, Rogues and Warriors yet. Given how many times the Melee>Ranged thing has brought up some many times only to be ignored by the Devs themselves. Why?

    All we know is that on June 13 Daglar confirmed ALL souls will eventually be reworked like Stormcaller and Pyromancer where the Soul trees were going to get trimmed down and some abilities would be combined.

    If you can get Daglar, Kervik or Vladd to expressly state Melee>Ranged I'll believe it still holds true. Of course Melee> Range only make sense if Melee sees a constant disconnects and Ranged is 100% mobile and doesn't suffer from any interrupts at all.

    We do know that if Pyro is exceeding Kervik's dps targets and there is data to support it he'll tweak the damage. He's already done so with the SC hybrids.
    Ummm we can get an idea by looking at how reaver is being changed. Also if you know anything about game development you would know devs don't say "hey let's have one calling have a single soul that suddenly does 2 k more than everyone else and then we'll fix it in 3-4 months.

    Essentially every post you make is based on trying to rationalize a hope founded in wishful thinking rather than actual data. Especially the " if you can get..." Bit. I don't know if you actually work and stuff irl BUT here is how life works in treal world. You have a mission statement. That mission statement applies UNTIL it is specifically changed. The mission statement you keep saying may not exist was announced by Daglar. As such it applies until he says it doesn't.
    Last edited by Galibier; 08-11-2014 at 02:45 PM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  11. #116
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Assassin is not top melee since nothing is stopping pyro from standing in melee. Actually pyro standing in melee will be dps gain.

  12. #117
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    I don't spend time whinning and asking for nerf
    Ofc not, it's not like you're mage Sidvader or anything like that.
    Ervun@Typhiria Vrablord@Typhiria
    Apotheosys
    HK 10/11

  13. #118
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EzPyroman View Post
    Assassin is not top melee since nothing is stopping pyro from standing in melee. Actually pyro standing in melee will be dps gain.
    This is a problem with encounter design. People complain about melee unfriendly fights and how bad their disconnect is to get melee-punishing mechanics removed and abilities like Grasp the Horizon, so there is no longer any reason for melee to have higher DPS. There's no additional risk involved.

  14. #119
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post



    before nerfing pyro warlord must be nerfed its stupid the amount of dps and ap bonus + defense and damage reduction +hp this soul give . Warlord must be nerfed pretty hard and assassin both should get a huge nerf before even thinking about touching pyro. By the way make warriors and rogues as squishy as mage and then we talk. You obviously are a baby cry warrior asking for nerf , what happened your 1 button non brain and super easy tempest is not #1 dumbest dps anymore? gg
    You do realize that I am a Mage ( spoken to you in Mage channel) and I am NOT calling for nerfs correct? In fact I'm arguing against them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Ummm we can get an idea by looking at how reaver is being changed. Also if you know anything about game development you would know devs don't say "hey let's have one calling have a single soul that suddenly does 2 k more than everyone else and then we'll fix it in 3-4 months.

    Essentially every post you make is based on trying to rationalize a hope founded in wishful thinking rather than actual data. Especially the " if you can get..." Bit. I don't know if you actually work and stuff irl BUT here is how life works in treal world. You have a mission statement. That mission statement applies UNTIL it is specifically changed. The mission statement you keep saying may not exist was announced by Daglar. As such it applies until he says it doesn't.
    Funny thing about mission statements they are typically posted publicly not buried in an obscure forum post no one even bothers to reference. 40min mark Jun 13, 2014 live stream - Is when it was confirmed that ALL souls are going to be reworked and the number of abilities reduced. Also confirmed SC and Pyro were the first to undergo this.

    Whether the rule that melee>ranged is still a viable rule we don't know it very well could; again no one from Trion has officially commented despite it being brought up again and again and again and again as to why mages cannot do DPS at range.

    Kervik has target DPS for the soul if the soul is meeting that target it will be left alone if it is exceeding or not meeting it, then it will be adjusted accordingly. The same with the SC hybrids they came out and exceeding the goal and were pulled back.

    It boils down to Trion will look at the numbers not the crying. I'm pretty sure they have targets for all of the souls and will strive to meet those targets.

  15. #120
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    @ Ianto

    Have you raided t3? Also did you do fights like Thrax pre nerf. It is far easier to do the fight as a ranged class. If the melee doesn't do better numbers what reason does a raid leader have to not say "okay everyone top ranged specs."

    Trying to dismiss it as "a problem with encounter design" when they continue to create the encounters with these design problems. Listen in a perfect world I agree with you. In all the games I was in before these off again on again encounter problems did not exist. They do exist in Rift though so we have to deal with it.
    Last edited by Galibier; 08-11-2014 at 03:26 PM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts