+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Will pyro's insane dps domination be changed?

Ascendant

I think pyro right now is the most overtuned spec in pve ive ever seen in all my years of playing rift.

Shield of Telara

Guys why you keep feeding trolls , they want you to keep feeding them

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kiika View Post
    I think pyro right now is the most overtuned spec in pve ive ever seen in all my years of playing rift.
    Thats funny, because pre-SL defilemancer was like 1-2k ahead of the next contender, which is like 20% ahead, pyro is currently around 5-10% ahead.

Prior to the whole defilemancer thing, warriors had quite a few times where they were pretty big outliers.

Even the most egregious outliers in storm legion have not been as egregious as the outliers of pre-sl. Balance is way better now.
    Last edited by Caldern; 08-15-2014 at 07:48 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Demonel View Post
    so no parses? =(

As i said u will never prove your words. All "Mages with long term credibility" talk about nerf cuz of op pyro's dps in t3 raids. I talk that problem in t3 raids where pyro able to dps that easly. If you read whole my post maybe u could see that. But anyway, no parses, no proves and your words only is your opinion.

P.S. EzPyroman registred later than me, but u link his post like a truth only cuz his opinion same like yours.
    you are really trying to say that ranger parses higher than assasin? like really?

even BD and NB parses higher than ranger, sin is at least 3k ahead of rangers, we are talking about 30k+ dps fights not the 15k you maybe used to

Oops.

+Five
    Last edited by Swirly; 08-15-2014 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Learan View Post
    If pyro is nerfed below melee, they should fix harb with the same update so mages have a viable melee option to compete.
    Best suggestion in the thread.
    what is this I don't even

Quote Originally Posted by Learan View Post
    Wrong.

Inq has way too much utility. Shaman aoe is much better than harb.

If pyro remains mobile then I agree temp/ranger/pyro.

Mm/inq should not be on the same range dps as others due to their utility.

Clerics need another ranged dps option.
    shaman aoe was just nerfed
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Pines View Post
    Best suggestion in the thread.
    I agree. I've always thought melee should be the most rewarding as it has risk and movement kills it due to not being in the htibox range. The range specs should be similar in DPS and I think that no range spec should really trump a melee spec.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Demonel View Post
    That's all cool but maybe u will show me parse by yourself? I will tell u again, your words about dps without parse is just your opinion. You tell me that ranger has less dps than assassin, just parse and prove it ^^

And ok, i will repeat u 3rd time about t3 raids. There are not a pyro's fault that t3 raids have been maden that friendly for turret specs like pyro. Imagine t3 fights more like Salvarola. Imho raids should contains move phase at least for 40-60% of time. That also will help to balance pvp and pve cuz that's hard to make a balanced turret class when in raids u can stand 95% of time and in pvp u should move 60-70% (depends on map and situation).
    There is no reason to provide parses showing that pyro parses more than ranger (or any other dps spec). That is a given that is accepted by pretty much anyone that wants to claim any degree of credibility.

If you wish to state that any spec (melee/ranged) parses higher in raid or on the pts with equal gear, that is your choice. However, if you wish these claims to be treated with respect, you are the one that needs to provide parses.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Pyro should be on par with temp/ranger/inq
    Pyro should be stronger than these on stand-still fight or fights with little movement, about equal on fights where he can line instants/CDs for movement phases and slightly weaker on fights where you need to move often.
    Good Balance
    Pyro = Melee (no move no dc)
    Pyro < Melee (move no dc)
    Pyro > Melee (no move w/ dc)
    I would support this paradigm.
    The range specs should be similar in DPS and I think that no range spec should really trump a melee spec.
    Why? Pyro has his own "disconnects" just like melee specs. If it should be equal with other range specs, cast time of Fireball should be removed so that it is as mobile as all other ranged specs (not gonna happen).
    Last edited by VolsalexR; 08-15-2014 at 12:39 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by VolsalexR View Post
    Pyro should be stronger than these on stand-still fight or fights with little movement, about equal on fights where he can line instants/CDs for movement phases and slightly weaker on fights where you need to move often.

I would support this paradigm.

Why? Pyro has his own "disconnects" just like melee specs. If it should be equal with other range specs, cast time of Fireball should be removed (not gonna happen).
    honestly mm should be the same as pyro, a turret spec, with low mobility high damage, not the useless dumb running spec it is now

so maybe turret specs=melee?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zandalia View Post
    honestly mm should be the same as pyro, a turret spec, with low mobility high damage, not the useless dumb running spec it is now

What is this madness, snipers taking time to aim? Preposterous, everybody knows snipers run around bunny hopping because that doesn't affect aiming at all. Next you'll probably start feeding me some heretical garbage about snipers "camping"

Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    do you pvp? really?
    I don't know... Do I?
    (Solo Queued, no pocket heal)

Quote Originally Posted by Zandalia View Post

Yes that is why Pyro is such a true turret...it can't move AT all and is not going to vet nerfed shortly. /sarcasm off.

BTW MM is a skirmisher....google the term as it regards to military history.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Yes that is why Pyro is such a true turret...it can't move AT all and is not going to vet nerfed shortly. /sarcasm off.

BTW MM is a skirmisher....google the term as it regards to military history.
    i recomend you to google it and check what wiki says, you don't know everything and you don't have to win every argument with your "logic"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast