+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Class balance - Stormalist/Stormbringer soon nerfed?

Telaran

Default Class balance - Stormalist/Stormbringer soon nerfed?

I expect that the ST DPS hybrids from Stormcaller will be soon nerfed. Before Trion hits hard mages, I am opening this discussion so players can express their point of views for a smooth transition to restore class balances.

Playing only with my mage, obviously, I am partial.

First few assumptions:

Before the new SC:
    • DPS both AoE and ST on mages were simply not good enough
    • HPS were not good enough either

After the new SC
    • Stormalist generates too high DPS compare to the simplicity of the rotation
    • Stormbringer: I donít play this spec so I donít know.
    • Chloromancer: 10 points in SC put back mage as healer back in the game: please DONíT NERF THAT
    • AoE DPS with 61SC is decent AoE spec with doesnít need to be nerfed

Pyromancer 2.8
    • Same ST DPS as Stormalist, the rotation is complex and difficult. It needs to be simplified.

Conclusion:
    • Healing is fine, donít nerf it.
    • AoE DPS is fine, donít nerf it.
    • ST DPS from SC should be nerfed
    • Pyro 2.8 is too complicated, (e.g. IC needs a ICD).

Overall, there is still no enjoyable ST DPS spec for mages. Chloro and AoE DPS are fine and enjoyable.

Rift Disciple

a) This isn't a guide, thus the thread doesn't belong here and deserves to be closed/moved.

b) Your points itself are mostly wrong. If you research the board you'll find out why.

c) There's a Pyromentalist spec suggested by heartbeat, you should check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillinn View Post
    Pyromancer 2.8
    • Same ST DPS as Stormalist, the rotation is complex and difficult. It needs to be simplified.
    Umm what? With the new changes to Pyro and the nerfs to SC hybrids, Pyro is quite ahead of SC/Ele.

Also maybe I'm wrong about this since I haven't used it in a raid environment, but 2.8 pyro seems way easier then it used to be and has competitive DPS now. It seems to be about as easy as SC/Ele maybe only slightly harder (since SC/Ele is just mainly 4-5 buttons at most). I don't think pyro should be simplified at all any more. I like how it looks.

I don't mind the nerfs to SC/Ele, since that spec seems to pull way more DPS then it should since it is just lazy mode easy, but I am not so happy with the changes to SC/harb, which seems to be a spec that is quite a bit harder and from what I hear does not deal well with disconnects.

Edit: Also yes, this isn't a guide and should be moved into the "Mage Discussion" part of the forums.
    Last edited by amazingchili; 08-05-2014 at 04:26 PM.

Telaran

How it ended-up in Mage guides when I created the thread in Mage class, I have no idea.

I'll re-publish in the correct section.

Telaran

Please close/delete thread.

+ Reply to Thread