+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Pyromancer Update - Live

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Pyromancer Update - Live

Hey all,

Below is a detailed listing of the updated Pyromancer soul. Thank you to everyone that has been offering feedback on the soul as it was going through its iterations on PTS. Now that the soul is live I'd like to move discussion surrounding the update to this thread so people don't have to read through a bunch of pages to get caught up.

Feedback is still welcome, and as always further adjustments may be made as issues come to light.

Soul Presets -The following presets have been updated to reflect the updated Pyromancer soul:
    • Flamecaller
    • Fire Hunter

Below are a few details on some of the larger changes hitting the soul.
    • Combust has been removed entirely. No more monitoring stacks on the enemy in order to get the most out of your abilities.
    • The soul has moved back towards its roots as a more stationary caster. However, Fireball is effectively the only stationary ability for the soul. Other abilities allow it limited mobility when needed.
    • Heat Wave no longer resets the cooldown of Fire abilities.

The following Pyromancer abilities were removed:
    • Fire Armor
    • Flaring Intellect
    • Glyphs of Power
    • Withering Flames
    • Flashfire
    • Prime
    • Extinguish
    • Pyromancer’s Aegis
    • Backdraft
    • Flame Rupture

Soul Tree
    Tier 1
    • Improved Bolt (3 Points) – Increases the critical hit chance of your Primary Bolt abilities by 2/4/6%.
    • Ignition (5 Points) - Decreases the cast time of your Fire spells by 4/8/12/16/20% and all other spells by 1/2/3/4/5%. Reduces the mana cost of non-instant Fire spells by 4/8/12/16/20%. Increases the range of non-melee damaging abilities by 1/2/3/4/5 meters. Increased range does not stack with the other range increasing effects.
    • Fiery Concentration (3 Points) - Reduces the amount of pushback suffered while casting single target spells by 33%. Reduces the mana cost of Fire abilities by 3%.

Tier 2
    • Burning Focus (3 Points) – Increases the damage of single target abilities by 2/4/6%.
    • Fire Starter (2 Points) – Reduces the cooldown of Countdown by 4/8 seconds.
    • Burning Fury (3 Points) – Increases the critical hit chance of your abilities by 2/4/6%.
    • Burning Bonds (1 Point) – Roots for 8 seconds or until damaged. Instant cast. 30s cooldown.

Tier 3
    • Stoke the Flames (3 Points) – Increases the damage of non-instant abilities by 2/4/6%.
    • Flicker (1 Point) – Removes all crowd control effects. Teleports forward 15 meters. Instant cast. 20s cooldown.
    • Innate Fire (3 Points) - Increases the damage bonus of Internalize Charge by 2/4/6% and number of abilities affected by 1/2/3. While Internalize Charge is active, gives a 10/20/30% chance, when hit, to apply a shield that absorbs damage up to the value of 10% of your Maximum Health for 10s. This effect can occur up to once every 30s.

Tier 4
    • Fire Storm (1 Point) – A conflagration erupts at the selected area burning up to 5 enemies within, causing Fire damage over 8 seconds. Generates 6 Charge every second. Channeled.
    • Ravenous Flames (3 Points) – Your non-Physical attacks ignore 3/6/9% of your target’s Resistances.
    • Improved Flame Bolt (3 Points) – Gives your Flame Bolt a 33/66/100% chance on hit to increase your spell damage by 10% for 10 seconds.

Tier 5
    • Smolder (1 Point, Requires Fire Storm) – Your Fire Storm will spread Countdown to up to 5 other enemies within 7 meters when it hits an enemy you have Countdown active on.
    • Pyromancer’s Blessing (1 Point) – While Pyromancer's Armor is active, damaging Fire spells have a 20% chance to reset the cooldown on Cinder Burst, allow it to be cast instantly and reduce its mana cost by 50%.
    • Wildfire (3 Points) – Your Fireball casts have a 10/20/30% chance to reset and reduce the cooldown of your next 3 Flame Bolt casts to 0 seconds.
    • Unbreakable Bonds (1 Point, Requires Burning Bonds) – Your Burning Bonds spell no longer breaks on damage.
    Tier 6
    • Chain Reaction (1 Point, Requires Smolder) - When your Countdown triggers naturally, other Countdown effects you have on up to 5 other enemies within 7 meters will trigger early.
    • Pyromancer’s Vengeance (2 Points, Requires Pyromancer’s Blessing) - While Pyromancer's Armor is active, casting Fireball generates a stack of Pyromancer's Vengeance on you, increasing the chance for Pyromancer's Blessing to affect Cinder Burst by 1/2% per stack. Max 5 stacks. Lasts 10 seconds.
    • Pyromania (5 Points) – Increases the effect of Spell Power on your Fire abilities by 3/6/9/12/15%.

Tier 7
    • Accelerant (4 Points) - Your Countdown applies Accelerant to the enemy, increasing your damage against the affected target by 3/6/9/12% for 15s. Countdown deals 15/30/45/60% of its damage to the target if its cleansed.
    • Heat Wave (1 Point) – Reduces Fire spell cast time by 50% for 15 seconds. Reduces the mana cost of non-instant Fire abilities by 30%. Fireball does not consume stacks of Pyromancer’s Fury while Heat Wave is active.
    • Flash Burn (1 Point) – Your Scorch now stuns the target for 5 seconds. Scorch cannot stun the same target more than once every 45 seconds.

Tier 8
    • Spark (2 Points) - Reduces the global cooldown of your Fire abilities to 1.25/1 seconds. Reduces the mana cost of instant Fire abilities by 15/30%.
    • Pyromancer’s Furty (3 Points, Requires Pyromancer’s Vengeance) - While Pyromancer's Armor is active, your damaging Fire abilities, excluding Fireball, apply a stack of Pyromancer's Fury to you. Fireball will consume a stack of Pyromancer's Fury to reduce its cast time by 0.3/0.4/0.5s and increase its damage by 10/20/30%. Max 5 stacks.
    • Incinerating Flames (1 Point, Requires Heat Wave) – Heat Wave removes all Crowd Control effects on cast and reduces damage taken by 20% while it is active.

Tier 9
    • Flame Volley (1 Point) – Deals Fire damage over 3s. Deals additional Fire damage after 3s. Moving Channel. 1 minute cooldown.

Root – Point numbers here represent the number of points needed in the soul to unlock each ability.
    • Fireball (0 Points) – Deals Fire damage. Counts as a Primary Bolt. 2.5s cast time.
    • Flame Bolt (0 Points) – Deals Fire damage. Instant. 8s cooldown.
    • Pyromancer’s Armor (2 Points) – Increases Fire damage done by 5%. Lasts 1 hour. Counts as a Mage Armor. Instant.
    • Countdown (4 Points) – Deals Fire damage after 8 seconds. Instant. 8s cooldown.
    • Internalize Charge (8 Points ) – Increases damage done on your next 3 damaging abilities, within 30s, by 10%. Costs 50 Charge. Instant - No Global Cooldown.
    • Burning Shield (12 Points) – Absorbs 50% of damage taken up to a set amount of damage. Lasts 30 seconds. 30s cooldown. Instant – No Global Cooldown.
    • Cinder Burst (20 Points) – Deals Fire damage. 30s cooldown. 6s cast time.
    • Cerebral Flare (24 Points) – Restores 5% mana per second. Channeled.
    • Scorch (28 Points) – Interrupts. 10s cooldown. Instant – No Global Cooldown.
    • Inferno (32 Points) – Deals Fire damage. Only usable on enemies under 40% health. 10s cooldown. Instant – No Global Cooldown.
    • Burn (40 Points) – Debilitates for 5 seconds. 30s cooldown. Instant.
    • Fulminate (51 Points) – Deals Fire damage. Costs 60 Charge. 30s cooldown. Instant.
    • Searing Bolt (55 Points) – Deals Fire damage. Triggers your Countdown. 15s cooldown. Instant.
    • Fusillade (61 Points) – Casts Fireball on the target once every 0.5 seconds. Can move while channeling. 1 minute cooldown.

The soul has moved back towards its roots as a more stationary caster
    You are out of your mind right? Pyro can't stay alive in PvP now!
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post
    You are out of your mind right? Pyro can't stay alive in PvP now!
    Then use Warlock for instant Fireballz.
    They hit like a truck now.
    Last edited by Morwath; 08-06-2014 at 06:54 AM.

Telaran

I really don't PvP but I do understand your comment of them being out of their minds. Can only imagine how it's going to be with dungeon and raid bosses where you NEED to be mobile. This is going to be interesting.
    Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than trolls in the deep places of the internet.

Soulwalker

Well, PVP aside...

Why did they remove Flaring Intellect? I mean... there's just no straight INT (IIRC) buff now now that it has been removed.

What's their reasoning behind THAT?

Quote Originally Posted by Akrie View Post
    Well, PVP aside...

Why did they remove Flaring Intellect? I mean... there's just no straight INT (IIRC) buff now now that it has been removed.

What's their reasoning behind THAT?
    I'd like to know this too

Quote Originally Posted by Kraddix View Post
    I really don't PvP but I do understand your comment of them being out of their minds. Can only imagine how it's going to be with dungeon and raid bosses where you NEED to be mobile. This is going to be interesting.
    Melee warriors have been in this boat. I do wish they made Flicker where you would end up facing your target (I rarely use it for escape measures).

Waiting for new guides. Have been using Val's original guide forever.
    Beware the Penguin...

Quote Originally Posted by Geopenguin View Post
    Waiting for new guides. Have been using Val's original guide forever.
    There's two guides already up Learning Pyromancer or Quick Pyromancer Guide.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

RIFT Guide Writer

If you're all so against the lowered mobility Pyro, where the hell were you all for the initial round of changes? This was all in the very first round of Pyrorevamp and I didn't see any of you guys posting against it.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    If you're all so against the lowered mobility Pyro, where the hell were you all for the initial round of changes? This was all in the very first round of Pyrorevamp and I didn't see any of you guys posting against it.
    The qq is 2 sided

PvErs seems to be ok with lower mobility since pyro is top st dps ingame and the lack of mobility can be used to justify it beating all melee specs out there.

PvPers are usually the source of qq on everything, they qq so loud and fun stuff like old corpse explosion gets nerfed to waste of gcd. basically they want pyro to do top dps ingame while being as mobile as say an inquisitor.

RIFT Guide Writer

I'm aware of that, War. That still doesn't excuse *****ing after the fact where it doesn't matter any more. if they wanted to change, they would've been on here a month ago during initial revisions. ****'s been on the board so long, they have no excuse. Especially since people were talking about it in crossevents from time to time.

Combust didn't seem like that much of an issue once you hit 44 points. Seems like the pyros got more bursty/twitchy with cinderburst procs being increased and no combust. Not a bad thing for pvp.

I like the change to internalize charge, more harbringerish.

no more raid buff .

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Ernok View Post
    no more raid buff .
    No one used the raid buff except for PVP, and even then you'd be better off with an actual Pyrochon or Oracle managing it.

I can't think of a single fight I'd prefer to be a turret in while playing my mage. Not one.

I'll give new pyro a whirl, but I'm going to expect to be migrating to warlock until we can get in there and see what actually happens with it on the ground. I mean, some fights you can get away with turreting for a bit, but DPS you can't do because you have to (and cannot) hold still to do it is irrelevant to everything in the history of ever.

We'll see though. I'm not entirely skeptical. Just wary.

That's the beauty of the game.. guess what, you don't have to be Pyro! For low mobility fights, choose Pyro, for high mobility choose WL. Or don't use either one.

QQ more people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast