+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 2.8 Pyromancer - PTS

Quote Originally Posted by Kiika View Post
    Swapping to my mage when these go live.
    Can I have your rogue?

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    Speak to be mage pros are these good pvp changes? I haven't been on pts at all
    It's a buff, eventually people will realise this.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    Can I have your rogue?
    Sure but after these changes rogues will be at the bottom of both range and melee.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Speaking of more buffs on the way, here's more of what should be hitting PTS probably next week at this point:
    • Accelerant is now a separate debuff from Countdown. Increased the duration of Accelerant to 10s.
    • Reduced the internal cooldown of Wildfire to 20s.
    • The buff from Wildfire now lasts 20s.
    • Fireball no longer consumes stacks of Pyromancer’s Fury while Heat Wave is active.
    • Reduced the cooldown of Fulminate to 30s.
    • Pyromancer’s Fury now also reduces the cast time of Fireball by 0.5s.
    • Increased the damage of Flame Volley, Countdown, Cinder Burst, Inferno and Searing Bolt.
    http://www.lolwut.com/layout/lolwut.jpg
    I love you Kervik. Glad to see you around

Thank you, Kervick.

No more 2sec fireballs and a 30sec fulminate, I can dig that.
    Last edited by ConclusionTheFirst; 07-03-2014 at 04:31 PM. Reason: I accidentally a word

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Woops I missed this post. And yes that is a good summary of it. Melee have all those gap closers and whatnot because of things Mages got, like Extinguish. If they didn't have them, nobody would play anything but Pyro. That's the whole point. We've been on this slippery slope for a very long time.
    Actually, Melee had a large number of those tools before Pyro gained its mobility boost.
    The most recent is the stupid snare on DP.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

RIFT Guide Writer

With those changes i guess i welcome our new pyro overlords. Watch out warriors, there might be a new kid in town.
    Fwiw i tried parsing in the foundry and got to 33k on a wounded without really optimizing the rotation or anything of the sort. This is without all those buffs.
    killings - Mage - Apotheosys - Typhiria

Shield of Telara

If you're not going to read my posts I'm not going to bother reading yours, either.
    Oh I read your post, that doesn't mean I have any idea what you were trying to prove. Congratulations, arguably the best mage dps spec can get kills at rk90 against some pugs!? SS's never tell the whole story, and half of those 'total routes' as you put it, your team was actually far superior to theirs, you just focused on kills rather than objectives and that is why you lost.

With the addition of 1.5s fireballs, increased dmg on most abilities, and lower CD times ect, now it is a buff. Previously it was not.

I was just finishing up my farewell to pyro post, scanned back up through the thread for a quote, saw this, found Kervik's note because of it, and deleted my post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by vexare View Post
    With the addition of 1.5s fireballs, increased dmg on most abilities, and lower CD times ect, now it is a buff. Previously it was not.
    We knew damage would be increased and I said a thousand times you guys shouldn't worry about the damage values on the initial push to PTS. The 1.5s Fireballs don't even matter, the burst potential with only the instant abilities -- Countdown, Searing Bolt, Cinderburst, Flame Bolt, Fulminate, Inferno -- was very high and you can unleash it frequently. That by itself is a buff to a spec that's mostly a 2-min CD hero on live.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    I was just finishing up my farewell to pyro post, scanned back up through the thread for a quote, saw this, found Kervik's note because of it, and deleted my post.
    You all give Kervik way too little credit.

Ascendant

Agreed with Ianto. When did all of you start doubting your dev?
    Heck...he's the only one of the original 4. That has to mean something at least.

Maybe I should just take a break from the game, not because I don't like the direction its going; frankly I do; but because the community is just toxic overall.

Shield of Telara

We knew damage would be increased and I said a thousand times you guys shouldn't worry about the damage values on the initial push to PTS. The 1.5s Fireballs don't even matter, the burst potential with only the instant abilities -- Countdown, Searing Bolt, Cinderburst, Flame Bolt, Fulminate, Inferno -- was very high and you can unleash it frequently. That by itself is a buff to a spec that's mostly a 2-min CD hero on live.
    There was nothing in that burst rotation that you couldn't already do with the live version of pyro, and if anything it is worse because live would utilize backdraft for a debilitate +dmg. SBolt helps time CD, but any decent mage was already timing it. The slight increase of dmg of most of the abilities was offset by the neutering of inferno. A 1.5s fireball definitely matters as it dramatically lowers your susceptibility to interrupts and debilitates which will be an even bigger issue for the new pyro now that it has lost it's 30% reduction. And while yes most of us knew that damage values would be adjusted, simply adjusting things upward does not necessarily mean the spec becomes instantly viable. It doesn't matter how much damage a spell does if the cast time is prohibitive to the point where you rarely are able to actually utilize the spell in real combat scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Agreed with Ianto. When did all of you start doubting your dev?
    Heck...he's the only one of the original 4. That has to mean something at least.

Maybe I should just take a break from the game, not because I don't like the direction its going; frankly I do; but because the community is just toxic overall.
    I don't think many were necessarily doubting the dev, so much as pointing out the obvious which is that the spec was well underperforming. Even Ianto conceded this fact. It's not mindless QQ if your points are valid. The community voiced their concerns, and the dev responded and addressed the majority of the concerns....the exact way feedback should work. weird huh?

Ascendant

There were lots of constructive posts and not too much QQ.
    Having said that, I am still disappointed about the interrupt being tied to a stun, the loss of the AE stun and no survivability CDs that aren't tied into the burst CD.

I think Kervik is going a bit far in reducing the number of abilities that the spec has. Combining these things is very odd.

Ascendant

Bah forget it, you're not worth the hassle Vexare.
    Think as you will.
    Last edited by Katosu; 07-03-2014 at 07:01 PM.

Daglar has stated that they will be doing that (condensing/reducing the number of abilities) for all souls as they get worked in an effort to reduce "ability bloat" in the game. He also said that the warrior/rogue dev will be doing this as well very soon and Kervik doing it to Stormcaller and Pyro is just the start, aiming for all the souls to receive this treatment.

edit: should have made this a pm to tookmyjob as it is not relevant to the purpose of the thread
    Last edited by Turrant; 07-03-2014 at 07:03 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast