+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37
Like Tree83Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 2.8 Pyromancer - PTS

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    You mean poor design like most of mages toggle-able charge consumers since Rift was introduced.
    Actually, the "toggle-able" charge consumers are well designed. The necro, chloro and harb toggles don't cost charge to activate, only having them active costs charge. This is why nobody is suggesting a cooldown for them (and Lich Form does have a short CD). The live version of IC costs charge to activate, which is why it has a cooldown. Since the new IC costs a lot more charge to activate, it needs a shortcooldown even more badly than the one that is actually live, otherwise the slightest amount of lag can cost 50 charge.

Go home WarUltima. Everyone can tell that you have no clue about mages. Your posts only serve to make players of other callings look ignorant and petty.

Rift Disciple

Personally I find the melee auto attacks consuming a stack of IC to be much more of a concern. That is going to be super annoying on maelforge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwops View Post
    Personally I find the melee auto attacks consuming a stack of IC to be much more of a concern. That is going to be super annoying on maelforge.
    Auto attacks have already been fixed. Not sure if the PTS patch went through though.

Rift Disciple

It was still consuming stacks on the pts today. Good to know its in the works to change though.

Plane Touched

Default I very much don't like these changes

I am still new to the game and so far played Rogue, Cleric, Mage, haven't tried warrior yet.

Cleric was just too boring for me, did not sit with my playstyle at all, I deleted it in its 40s.

I took my rogue and mage to 60, and decided to make mage my main, but these changes may very seriously alter that. I dont like the warlock spec, its way too clunky, too many things in it, requires way too much macro usage etc.

The 3 specs I enjoy on my mage are 61 pyromancer, 61 chloro, and surprisingly elementalist for soloing. I also do not like the arbiter or harbringer, just not my style.

However, I am already disappointed with the pyro DPS, even at the low end, where both my pyro and my rogue have just started doing dungeons, it is plain and apparent just how superior my ranger is to my pyro. And the problem is indeed movement and fireball casts. This patch will make it far worse and it has me worried that there will be only the elementalist and chloro left for me to play.

I would switch to rogue entirely, but the physician heals just don't sit rigth with me either, in comparison with the chloromancer, it feels very restrictive, in gameplay wise, for me, it "lacks freedom".

So this may indeed become a gamebreaker. If I can not do good as pyro in PvE DPS, and I can not do good or enjoy the physician soul, then there will literally be only 1 aspect of the game left on only 1 of my toons, I can only have 1 main char, there simply is not enough time in existance for me to grind for gear for 2 toons, that is bad.

I do not see any logic, in taking a spec with a problem, in this case mobility, and making it worse instead of improving upon it, especially, that as I have experienced, it already falls flat against other classes that are supposed to do the same thing, in this case Single Target ranged DPS. So where exactly and precisely is the balance and the improvement in all this ?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Shouku View Post
    I am still new to the game and so far played Rogue, Cleric, Mage, haven't tried warrior yet.

Cleric was just too boring for me, did not sit with my playstyle at all, I deleted it in its 40s.

I took my rogue and mage to 60, and decided to make mage my main, but these changes may very seriously alter that. I dont like the warlock spec, its way too clunky, too many things in it, requires way too much macro usage etc.

The 3 specs I enjoy on my mage are 61 pyromancer, 61 chloro, and surprisingly elementalist for soloing. I also do not like the arbiter or harbringer, just not my style.

However, I am already disappointed with the pyro DPS, even at the low end, where both my pyro and my rogue have just started doing dungeons, it is plain and apparent just how superior my ranger is to my pyro. And the problem is indeed movement and fireball casts. This patch will make it far worse and it has me worried that there will be only the elementalist and chloro left for me to play.

I would switch to rogue entirely, but the physician heals just don't sit rigth with me either, in comparison with the chloromancer, it feels very restrictive, in gameplay wise, for me, it "lacks freedom".

So this may indeed become a gamebreaker. If I can not do good as pyro in PvE DPS, and I can not do good or enjoy the physician soul, then there will literally be only 1 aspect of the game left on only 1 of my toons, I can only have 1 main char, there simply is not enough time in existance for me to grind for gear for 2 toons, that is bad.

I do not see any logic, in taking a spec with a problem, in this case mobility, and making it worse instead of improving upon it, especially, that as I have experienced, it already falls flat against other classes that are supposed to do the same thing, in this case Single Target ranged DPS. So where exactly and precisely is the balance and the improvement in all this ?
    You should invest some time and read some guides to get a better grasp on where mages are.

To get a better feel for the Pyromancer soul, limitations and possibilities I recommend reading this whole thread or at least the few good snippets regarding PvE.

And last but not least take a look at rogue souls and guides because I feel you're way off on these as well.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by SpectralDerp View Post
    Actually, the "toggle-able" charge consumers are well designed. The necro, chloro and harb toggles don't cost charge to activate, only having them active costs charge. This is why nobody is suggesting a cooldown for them (and Lich Form does have a short CD). The live version of IC costs charge to activate, which is why it has a cooldown. Since the new IC costs a lot more charge to activate, it needs a shortcooldown even more badly than the one that is actually live, otherwise the slightest amount of lag can cost 50 charge.

Go home WarUltima. Everyone can tell that you have no clue about mages. Your posts only serve to make players of other callings look ignorant and petty.
    Comes from someone that cant even mamage a toggle without spamming it like a "pro" mage.

Marksman will be the only spec you need.

Sigh do us a favor and reroll a warrior or rogue already.
    Last edited by WarUltima; 08-05-2014 at 03:28 AM.

Soulwalker

Default no blablablablablablabla

blablablablablabla The mage is a big **** pvp why talk for hours and hours. It is not able to survive a war against a rogue or a cleric in 1 vs 1. Comes with a mage clhloro, Archon, Dominator, elementalist, necro duel against my rogue my war or my cleric and I kill you in 5 seconds.

Kervik why you do not improve it?
    Give more survival, resistance and speed for the mage it is the same opportunities as others it is a matter of equality and respect for the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Salamandar View Post
    blablablablablabla The mage is a big **** pvp why talk for hours and hours. It is not able to survive a war against a rogue or a cleric in 1 vs 1. Comes with a mage clhloro, Archon, Dominator, elementalist, necro duel against my rogue my war or my cleric and I kill you in 5 seconds.

Give more survival, resistance and speed for the mage it is the same opportunities as others it is a matter of equality and respect for the players.
    Still waiting for your in-game tell so I can help you out, mages aren't as bad as you say they are. Again, I think you may be doing it wrong.
    Fiveball@wolfsbane - Mage
    Tenball@wolfsbane - Rogue

Rift Master

Don't want to hijack the thread, but for the new Pyro spec, has anybody done any high SP vs high SC comparison on Test?

Using the foundry buffs plus T2 Test gear I can get ~7200 SP and get about 33 percent spell crit. Switch it out for my Live gear and I drop to ~6200 SP but SC shoots to 44 percent spell crit (CP is at soft cap of 1208).

DPS is both about the same across a 5min fight, though both less then the 30K people are seeing. So just wondering what we should be doing with our gear once 2.8 comes out.
    Last edited by FyrrePower; 08-05-2014 at 07:51 AM.

My first guess would be that considering you get 16% SP increase from talents and +15% SP contribution on fire spells, that SP scales so strongly that you should stack it instead of looking for any SC.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Soulwalker

Default lol

DrKc you kill a rogue or a war or a cleric in 1 vs 1 with a mage caster?
    I want to see it please .....................

You must be doing something wrong... I can kill any ranged cleric, rogue or tempest easily. Warriors, shamans and assassins ae the hard ones, but I always win vs the others.

Well, with these craptastic changes that's about to change.
    WTB a viable PvP mage ranged ST dps spec

DrKc you kill a rogue or a war or a cleric in 1 vs 1 with a mage caster?
    I want to see it please .....................
    Yea again message me in game, I think I'm on Greybriar now.

I'm happy to talk through some of this with you, but this thread is more regarding pyro changes as opposed to general qq.

Quote Originally Posted by DrkC View Post
    Yea again message me in game, I think I'm on Greybriar now.

I'm happy to talk through some of this with you, but this thread is more regarding pyro changes as opposed to general qq.
    I take it back, Fiveball@Wolfsbane.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37