+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 2.8 Pyromancer - PTS

RIFT Guide Writer

Ok now this might not be the right place but ive been parsing a bit since sleep apparantly is way overrated.
    Ive been able to hit >27k selfbuffed on a dummy outside of the foundry as stormbinger, i cant get anywhere close to that with 10sc/5harb, maybe 24k in a good try.
    Has anyone parsed it to see how bad i rly am? I know parsing in test gear is all the rage but im not doing that since it may be a baseline but really, 0 cp? I feel its useless except for the maximal epeen measurements ldo.
    killings - Mage - Apotheosys - Typhiria

Quote Originally Posted by paschl View Post
    Ok now this might not be the right place but ive been parsing a bit since sleep apparantly is way overrated.
    Ive been able to hit >27k selfbuffed on a dummy outside of the foundry as stormbinger, i cant get anywhere close to that with 10sc/5harb, maybe 24k in a good try.
    Has anyone parsed it to see how bad i rly am? I know parsing in test gear is all the rage but im not doing that since it may be a baseline but really, 0 cp? I feel its useless except for the maximal epeen measurements ldo.
    In test gear your not at 0 cp, rather 141 cp which equals to 5%.
    Being in test gear does set up a baseline, though it also show your skill at being a Mage.

Now in the dummy foundry as pyro I parse between 30-33k dps in test gear, if you need live gear to get 24k dps; well you see my point.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    In test gear your not at 0 cp, rather 141 cp which equals to 5%.
    Being in test gear does set up a baseline, though it also show your skill at being a Mage.

Now in the dummy foundry as pyro I parse between 30-33k dps in test gear, if you need live gear to get 24k dps; well you see my point.
    I see the point youre making but as ive stated i was parsing outside of the foundry.
    killings - Mage - Apotheosys - Typhiria

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Illuyanka View Post
    Yeah sorry for the mistake, it's 1.5 (it was too dark when I wrote this and slipped my finger).

And about the dps loss, i''m not talking about IC, I'm talking about harb's lightning charge. When lightning charge generates the ridiculous yet effective amount of damage it does, it consumes one of your IC charges, so if you use lightning charge as a buff you're reducing your dps because your IC stacks are consuming with a buff proc that does approx 700-1k damage on T1 gear, compared to a fireball or even CB or Fulminate, that do significantly more damage. I still don't know if that's the case wth trinkets that proc some damage.
    If you ask a mage not to use lightning charge it's almost as if you asked a warrior not to use enhanced conductivity.

Anyway, a good way to fix this is making IC only consume itself when using mage skills, not buffs or gear procs, like the FT dps staff or any dps trinket, for instance.

And re read my post. I never mentioned other classes.
    you might want to reconsider that statement. lightning charge has nothing to do with IC. its the auto attack that ****s you around and consumes a stack of IC if you are in meleeee!

Quote Originally Posted by goia402 View Post
    you might want to reconsider that statement. lightning charge has nothing to do with IC. its the auto attack that ****s you around and consumes a stack of IC if you are in meleeee!
    IDK if it got fixed but it was consuming IC on LCH proc before.
    And to the guy that said IC ha no cd=no dps loss, it's an indirect dps loss because you have to spend 50 more charge earlier, not letting ou cast fulminate for a longer time. Not astronomical butt still a loss. If this got fixed as goia says, then just ignore that post

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Illuyanka View Post
    IDK if it got fixed but it was consuming IC on LCH proc before.
    And to the guy that said IC ha no cd=no dps loss, it's an indirect dps loss because you have to spend 50 more charge earlier, not letting ou cast fulminate for a longer time. Not astronomical butt still a loss. If this got fixed as goia says, then just ignore that post
    Actually depending on weapon you use, auto attack doesnt go off often enough to cause IC to have any downtime. In fact, if you stand in melee and manage your IC well, its dps gain.

Guide's up for those interested. Link in my signature.

Shield of Telara

im parsing +30k easy and average +31k dps. On raid wounded dummy im parsing average +33k dps using t2 and t1 gear. By the way on live gear
    Last edited by elfaraon; 08-04-2014 at 06:34 AM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Allmightyone View Post
    nice guide but CB shouldn't be on macro in my opinion

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Allmightyone View Post
    for me pyromancer its not 6/10 in my opinion should be 7/10 since you need to track a lot of things to max your dps but its just my opinion, ty for your guide

Rift Disciple

Could it be possible that elfaraon and WarUltima are one and the same character?
    Last edited by Bron2daZ; 08-04-2014 at 07:05 AM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    nice guide but CB shouldn't be on macro in my opinion
    If you actually read the macro CB is AFTER fireball, in other words it would only cast during oGCD when it procs.

#show Heat wave
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Heat wave
    cast fireball
    cast Cinder Burst
    cast Flame Bolt
    cast Countdown
    cast Searing Bolt
    cast Inferno
    cast Burning Shield
    Quote Originally Posted by Tollwutig View Post
    If you actually read the macro CB is AFTER fireball, in other words it would only cast during oGCD when it procs.
    Not true it will only trigger during movement, same thing for Flame Bolt, Countdown & Searing Bolt.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 08-04-2014 at 07:35 AM.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    Not true it will only trigger during movement, same thing for Flame Bolt, Countdown & Searing Bolt.
    I stand corrected.

Soulwalker

Default Mage en colére................

I came here to say that the mage is a real **** in pvp. It is outrageous to give it to pvp players. It is slow and has no survie.Kervik me play against you. You come up with a mage I come with warrior, a thief or a cleric and I kill you in 3 seconds perhaps understand that you made ​​crap.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast