+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 2.8 Pyromancer - PTS

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    If you think pyro is doing good dps start moving while you dps on dummies and you will see the crap dps you will do. So before asking for nerf test pyro mobility and you will find out how bad is it. if you don't have to move dps is fine but with all raid mechanics and you have to move constantly you will end doing less dps than tempest and others top dps souls.
    A fury-buffed Fireball is only slightly less damage than Flame Bolt and that's not counting the extra 6% crit rate. With Wildfire's cooldown and duration being 20 seconds that means you can just hold Flame Bolts for movement if necessary. Then there's the small fact of Countdown, Searing Bolt, Fulminate, Cinder Burst, Inferno, Fusillade, Flame Volley ALL instant/moving channels - 10 seconds worth of damage that is completely unaffected by any movement at all. And if you somehow managed to blow all of that stuff there's Thunder Shock spam.

I can't think of any T1 - T3 encounters up to Akylios that involve so much movement that current PTS Pyro would be unfavourable solely based on mobility.

Am I crazy or is cinderburst not proccing at the moment?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by meph1111 View Post
    You are in fact cray cray. I just went to PTS after reading this and was getting cinderburst procs.

Quote Originally Posted by meph1111 View Post
    Make sure you have Pyromancer's Armor active.

Quote Originally Posted by Xallista View Post
    Assuming someone mind-controls Kervik and lets the current version go live, of course. The odds of that for a mage soul?

But seriously, what's with all the anti-burst suggestions? Even Pyrochon relied on the availability of oGCD cinderburst and inferno to burst down someone, and the new pyro somehow doesn't need it without any proper PVP testing?

>Like, did anyone bring their warrior/rogue/cleric guildies into PTS to actually test out survivability/burst capabilities against warlords/assassins/physician/sentinels etc?
    >Can you honestly pull off the same amount of burst on the new pyro (without oGCD cinderburst/inferno) vs live pyrochon(with oGCD cinderburst/inferno)?

Reverting the changes that made the soul PLAYABLE in PVP without actual warfront testing would be utterly suicidal.
    2.8 Pyromancer - PTS-soweak.jpg

Look at the timestamps. It's overpowered.

Ascendant

Well assuming valor + fire resistance.

Its about 28k burst in PvP.

The only thing that I would argue though, is that the raid gear that you utilize has higher stats than PvP gear and so you'll need to account for it as well.
    Its powerful burst for sure though, and I am okay with it personally but that is just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

I'm not even talking about the damage, I didn't use IC or have Flame Bolt up or anything. 5 abilities hitting in 1 second, including Cinderburst and Fulminate, is just begging for a nerf.

Ascendant

More than likely it will mean Cinderburst will trigger a GCD now.
    That would lower the potential burst output.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Champion

2.8 Pyromancer - PTS-2014-07-09_172553.jpg
    T2 standard, cq power and all that stuff, as well as the first int/sp dream orb rolls. 12SC/3harb variant.

Play is noticeably faster just with .5s shaved off fireballs. It's far easier to maintain the 5 stacks of cinderburst percentage with the fireball cast time reduction. I still find the travel time on searing bolt awkward for PVE since at different distances you'll need a filler between searing and CD, although with 1.5s fireballs filler isn't as big a problem. Still, it's a worthwhile sacrifice for the use a delayed searing has in PVP.

Fireball and flame bolt still seem very even, so wasn't prioritizing one above the other yet. This meant the rotation remained simple. I found it easy as pie to get above 34k. It was only the last 1k or 2k damage that I had to work for by managing IC well around fulminate and maintaining 5 stacks. The spec plays fast enough that conductive armor also is always up at 5 stacks.

With the current cast time reduction and mobile fusillade the loss of CC and defense doesn't bother me much. Searing and the plentiful off GCD cinderbursts make for impressive short term burst.
    Last edited by MonkeysUncle; 07-09-2014 at 02:04 PM.

The current iteration of the Pyro Rotation, while fun to play poses too many pvp issues as the majority of its power come from abilities that can be lined up into a burst rotation.

While I do think it is Mages' time to have a hard hitting spec in pvp, I don't want to see pvp specific nerfs to the spec because of this planning leaving the spec undesirable and under performing compared to other classes.

I think the overall dps is fine on the pts, maybe if you are going make radical adjustments and make it more of a turret spec than it was before, perhaps give more power to those turret abilities that others.

RIFT Guide Writer

Pros:

Solid damage, pretty fun, fast play, pretty mobile

Cons:

Juggling 10s debuffs is seriously just a PITA and adds no complication to the rotation. It's more annoyance, especially since CD and FBolt are weaker than fireball.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Attachment 19086

Look at the timestamps. It's overpowered.
    And....why don't we follow the idea put forth by yourself right in the beginning? Adjust (lower) the numbers.

Lower the damage for both Inferno/Cinderburst by 20-30%. This also helps to lower the overall DPS for the new Pyro since many posters here seem to agree that it is too strong at the moment. I would much rather keep the oGCD with lowered damage than to lose the oGCD to retain its current numbers.

They are very much necessary when you have to deal with specs running around with insane burst and sustained heals on top of passive spell damage reductions.
    Last edited by Xallista; 07-10-2014 at 07:49 PM.

I think a good solution to make the spec less powerful is to put CB back on GCD. In current iteration it does slightly less damage that Fulminate, has no Charge cost, 1/3 of its CD and procs quite often, so being off-GCD definitely makes it out of line.

Inferno should be kept as it is or even buffed, it is still weaker than live version and doesn't need any nerfs.
    Last edited by VolsalexR; 07-10-2014 at 10:13 PM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by VolsalexR View Post
    I think a good solution to make the spec less powerful is to put CB back on GCD. In current iteration it does slightly less damage that Fulminate, has no Charge cost, 1/3 of its CD and procs quite often, so being off-GCD definitely makes it out of line.

Inferno should be kept as it is or even buffed, it is still weaker than live version and doesn't need any nerfs.
    100% agree.
    it would even help on pvp to make the spec a bit less bursty to avoid incoming nerfs.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #225
    Rift Team

So today's PTS update should have 2 changes that will at least partially reduce Pyro dps:
    • Instant Cinder Bursts are back on GCD again.
    • Reduced the damage of Fireball by ~10%.

I'm still looking at where other adjustments should be made to things, but these are a first step.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast