+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 555
Like Tree83Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 2.8 Pyromancer - PTS

  1. #196
    Rift Chaser VolsalexR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Tested the new PTS spec, it is much better that it was, but still has several things that could be adjusted. Even if it needs dmg reduction, please don't forget about its general performance. So:
    - Burning Shield is still useless. Its absorbption value is less than on live and that won't be enough for a single hit in PVP. I think it should be changed to something useful like a reflect I posted about earlier or at least an active analogue of live Fire Shield with 30 sec CD.
    - Heatwave CC break/damage reduction should be moved into a separate skill. Currently, this ability should be used for burst so its defensive part and CC break will be wasted without any reasons, or we will be forced to wait when sby CCs/focuses the Pyro to use it and waste its burst potential.
    - Change Accelerant and Flame Bolt buff duration to 15 seconds so that it will be easier to manage and we will not be forced to use them twice during Heatwave when we need to spam Fireball for maximum output/burst.

    Pyrodom suggestions (addition to Lokken's ones):
    - Make Swift Control proc from all stun/debilitate abilities. Currently, Pyrodoms's effetive CC is greatly ****ed with the DR caused be Transmogrify that you are forced to use to proc it.
    - Make Split Personality not affected by pet gifts and increase its damage so that the shades will be useful not only in Zoomancer hybrids. They are not too bad, but they are only a minor shadow of what they were. Will also hellp 61 Dominator too.

    Pyrochons suggestion:
    -Swap Spark with Heat Wave/Accelerant. I tested 36 Archon/40 Pyro yesterday and it loses to 61 Pyro in everything, its only advantage is two auras and three 30 sec buffs. All other current Pyrochon specs perform even worse.

    P.S I don't understand the mess with Quick Thinking. It only makes the spell cast slightly faster, so even if its proc from Scorch is a bug, it definitely not makes the spec out of line. At least keep it proccing from Scorch stun component.
    Last edited by VolsalexR; 07-08-2014 at 10:03 PM.

  2. #197
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    302

    Default

    Are there any useful macros I should know about?

  3. #198
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mav986 View Post
    Yes. Pyrochon will be inferior to Harbchon when new Pyro goes live. Pyrochon wont get double lava field anymore.
    From my limited testing on the PTS, the stand 40/36 Pyrochon simply does not work anymore. Not only do you lose the double lava field, but the loss of spark felt like the final nail in the coffin for pyrochon. But, Harbchon is still a very attractive and optimal option for melee friendly fights.

    However, one cool thing I found, is that the old 51/25 Archon/Pyromancer build is now considerably stronger than it once was. I did several parses with it, on open air dummy's since the dummy foundry strips Archon buffs, and was averaging around 16.8-17k DPS without flaring, lava field, or any raid consumables. I'm not saying this would be the new archon spec, but it does seem like it would work out quite well on fights where running melee just really isn't an option.
    Harbinger Livandira, Hand of the Arcane

    Main Spec Arbiter of <Jynxed>
    2/4 BoB 4/4 Mini Bosses Down

  4. #199
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,527

    Default

    Guildie reported 35k+k over 4 minutes using live gear (t3 weapon 4pc ect ect) in dummy foundry. Forgot to ask if this was done on the wounded dummy.

    He could be trolling me but 35k without flaring/lava field/wild growth ect as full ranged... yea pyro is good to go.
    Last edited by WarUltima; 07-09-2014 at 12:17 AM.

  5. #200
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VolsalexR View Post
    P.S I don't understand the mess with Quick Thinking. It only makes the spell cast slightly faster, so even if its proc from Scorch is a bug, it definitely not makes the spec out of line. At least keep it proccing from Scorch stun component.
    It's not only Quick Thinking. The Thunder Blast oGCD spell adds quite a big portion of extra damage every 15 sec as well.
    If Quick Thinking procs every 10 sec via Scorch, you gain 2.5 sec each minute to fill with extra casts(Since you don't Scorch during Heatwave reduces it by 1 application per minute)

    That combination would most likely make up for the Spellpower you lose by not going into Harbinger for 3 points.

  6. #201
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    Guildie reported 35k+k over 4 minutes using live gear (t3 weapon 4pc ect ect) in dummy foundry. Forgot to ask if this was done on the wounded dummy.

    He could be trolling me but 35k without flaring/lava field/wild growth ect as full ranged... yea pyro is good to go.
    just tested a little and with 1 t3 piece on pts i got to 39k over 4min on a wounded dummy.
    i didnt particularly tweak the spec and my timings were way off. so yeah, lets get this thing on live :P
    killings - Mage - Apotheosys - Typhiria

  7. #202
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paschl View Post
    just tested a little and with 1 t3 piece on pts i got to 39k over 4min on a wounded dummy.
    i didnt particularly tweak the spec and my timings were way off. so yeah, lets get this thing on live :P
    I asked the guy again to confirm, he said he can do 43k on wounded dummy, and the 36k he did was with near botched rotation.

    Pyro will average *much higher* than warpest using the average above.

    Who says melee > ranged. Pyromancer will prove you wrong.
    Last edited by WarUltima; 07-09-2014 at 02:41 AM.

  8. #203
    Plane Walker Mav986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    I asked the guy again to confirm, he said he can do 43k on wounded dummy, and the 36k he did was with near botched rotation.

    Pyro will average *much higher* than warpest using the average above.

    Who says melee > ranged. Pyromancer will prove you wrong.
    You're an idiot if you think the current pyro numbers will reach live.

  9. #204
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mav986 View Post
    You're an idiot if you think the current pyro numbers will reach live.
    You are a pure idiot if you cant even tell sarcasm.

  10. #205
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,133

    Default

    Guys, there's no need to insult each other I believe Trion will want to keep melee slighty above ranged specs, so i guess dps will get slighty tunned down to be on part with Tempest or only a bit more.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

  11. #206
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    I asked the guy again to confirm, he said he can do 43k on wounded dummy, and the 36k he did was with near botched rotation.

    Pyro will average *much higher* than warpest using the average above.

    Who says melee > ranged. Pyromancer will prove you wrong.
    Assuming someone mind-controls Kervik and lets the current version go live, of course. The odds of that for a mage soul?


    But seriously, what's with all the anti-burst suggestions? Even Pyrochon relied on the availability of oGCD cinderburst and inferno to burst down someone, and the new pyro somehow doesn't need it without any proper PVP testing?

    >Like, did anyone bring their warrior/rogue/cleric guildies into PTS to actually test out survivability/burst capabilities against warlords/assassins/physician/sentinels etc?
    >Can you honestly pull off the same amount of burst on the new pyro (without oGCD cinderburst/inferno) vs live pyrochon(with oGCD cinderburst/inferno)?

    Reverting the changes that made the soul PLAYABLE in PVP without actual warfront testing would be utterly suicidal.

  12. #207
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    Guys, there's no need to insult each other I believe Trion will want to keep melee slighty above ranged specs, so i guess dps will get slighty tunned down to be on part with Tempest or only a bit more.
    to balance the souls, you need capped cp gear first, then a parse with 0 movement, a parse with 100% movement (as a melee thats out of melee range), a parse on wounded dummy and you have to consider complexity of the spec.

    the only thing we are doing here are parses with 0 movement and next to 0 cp gear. i wonder how you can balance around that when most of the needed data is missing?

    just from the facts it should be obvious that the new pyro has to do more dps than lol tempest.

  13. #208
    Plane Walker Alastair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    429

    Default

    two more weeks of testing i guess

  14. #209
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    731

    Default

    If you think pyro is doing good dps start moving while you dps on dummies and you will see the crap dps you will do. So before asking for nerf test pyro mobility and you will find out how bad is it. if you don't have to move dps is fine but with all raid mechanics and you have to move constantly you will end doing less dps than tempest and others top dps souls.
    Last edited by elfaraon; 07-09-2014 at 06:41 AM.

  15. #210
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xirxe View Post
    to balance the souls, you need capped cp gear first, then a parse with 0 movement, a parse with 100% movement (as a melee thats out of melee range), a parse on wounded dummy and you have to consider complexity of the spec.

    the only thing we are doing here are parses with 0 movement and next to 0 cp gear. i wonder how you can balance around that when most of the needed data is missing?

    just from the facts it should be obvious that the new pyro has to do more dps than lol tempest.
    Who cares about pyro doing more than tempest. Pyro's current pts iteration kills WARPEST easily. Warpest is already thousands ahead of tempest, and pyro is thousands ahead of warpest.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts