+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 2.8 Pyromancer - PTS

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kapnia View Post
    So you want the ultime PvP Soul, that is invicble and one-hits everyone?

Pyro burst is very strong. Giving it mitigation and CC would make it overpowered.
    One word:

Warlords.

Sword of Telara

Pyro burst is very strong. Giving it mitigation and CC would make it overpowered.
    i am thinking of a pvp soul thats good at everything but not great at anything. its not op or can oneshot anyone. good doesent mean great or fantastic!!
    a hybrid of it could be a bit better at burst, mitigation or cc...but it never would be an op spec!

a pvp soul could be a good basis to start with, it should have all the basic stuff needed to make it usable in pvp. then from the other souls the pvp stuff could be removed. this way you wont generate op specs and you could balance your souls around pve and not pve and pvp at the same time every time.

this would end all the pvp discussions on every change of a soul and there would be no need to nerf pve skills because of pvp anymore.

atm pyro is great at burst but so are other specs and those dont lack in mitigation or cc like pyro.

Shield of Telara

how can you say pyro has more burst that warlords/sin/paragon/shaman?pyro burst is ok but saying that is OP is very very wrong. dude you should make a mage in order to know your class pyro doesn't have more burst than any other top dps soul. The difference is any other class can mix very well their soul and get HUGE MITIGATION HUGE DPS HUGE HP GOOD SELF HEALS and mages cant period. If you want to keep mages underpowered is just your opinion but im totally disagree and my main is a mage and I play PYRO like a boss.
    Last edited by elfaraon; 07-08-2014 at 06:17 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    how can you say pyro has more burst that warlords/sin/paragon/shaman?pyro burst is ok but saying that is OP is very very wrong. dude you should make a mage in order to know your class pyro doesn't have more burst than any other top dps soul. The difference is any other class can mix very well their soul and get HUGE MITIGATION HUGE DPS HUGE HP GOOD SELF HEALS and mages cant period. If you want to keep mages underpowered is just your opinion but im totally disagree and my main is a mage and I play PYRO like a boss.
    Pyro has the strongest single GCD burst in the game, said burst just gets shut down by cleanses, has a decent setup time, and relies on a roughly one in 500 chance of all the big nukes critting simultaneously, on a 2 minute cooldown.

Pre-arc nerfs, tempest did slightly less theoretical maximum burst at 4x the frequency, and double or triple the crit chance.

That's why tempest was (over) nerfed and pyro hasn't had its 10k crits gutted.
    Last edited by Caldern; 07-08-2014 at 07:03 AM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Pyro has the strongest single GCD burst in the game, said burst just gets shut down by cleanses, has a decent setup time, and relies on a roughly one in 500 chance of all the big nukes critting simultaneously, on a 2 minute cooldown.

Pre-arc nerfs, tempest did slightly less theoretical maximum burst at 4x the frequency, and double or triple the crit chance.

That's why tempest was (over) nerfed and pyro hasn't had its 10k crits gutted.
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord
    Last edited by elfaraon; 07-08-2014 at 07:24 AM.

Ascendant

you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord
    My rogue is 52 and my warrior is 31, but ok.

I have had a warlord crit me for 9k with king of the hill, thats the highest ive seen. lets add I dunno, 2k for a killing field crit, and 4k for insert off-gcd skill here, that's a 15k burst.

Tell me how that is higher than 7k fulminate, 6k fusillade, 3k countdown, double 2.5k fireballs (21k and those are low balled crits)

And sin? I'll stretch for some really big fake numbers here: 2k dot crit, 2k*3 poison crits, 6k finisher crit =14k
    Last edited by Caldern; 07-08-2014 at 07:44 AM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    My rogue is 52 and my warrior is 31, but ok.

I have had a warlord crit me for 9k with king of the hill, thats the highest ive seen. lets add I dunno, 2k for a killing field crit, and 4k for insert off-gcd skill here, that's a 15k burst.

Tell me how that is higher than 7k fulminate, 6k fusillade, 3k countdown, double 2.5k fireballs (21k and those are low balled crits)

And sin? I'll stretch for some really big fake numbers here: 2k dot crit, 2k*3 poison crits, 6k finisher crit =14k
    from where you get those numbers dude im rank 90 full relic and saying that fulminate crit is 9k fussilade 6k etc etc is a big mistake and that's not true at all. Pyro depend a lot from crit and that happen only if you are very very lucky. that doesn't happen even 20% of times so that's not true at all.
    Last edited by elfaraon; 07-08-2014 at 08:33 AM.

The spec is ready for release. No need to change anything

Ascendant

More on topic, does anyone have a side by side of lock and pyro from the dummy foundry yet?

Rift Disciple

So um. These latest batch of changes that popped up on the pts today... I think we're good to roll out with this Kervik I'm a long-time pvper in addition to pve and let me say, I'm psyched for this. We have escape routes, defensive cooldowns, cc (even more if you pick up TB). Yeah, no complaints here.

Push tomorrow IMO.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Allmightyone View Post
    Alright, go write a guide then ;P

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by SpectralDerp View Post
    Alright, go write a guide then ;P
    ALL the DPS CDs > Fireball priority.

During Heatwave, Fireball > Flame Bolt, though use FBolt as needed to keep DPS buff.

IC 4 stacks for Flame Volley. 5 Stacks for Fusillade. Use whenever you run out of stacks.

New pyro's simple as hell. :P
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Shield of Telara

i have a question with the new glyph everytime I try to log in for pts I always end logging for on live shards any one can explain how to fix it?

i have a question with the new glyph everytime I try to log in for pts I always end logging for on live shards any one can explain how to fix it?
    Change the tab on the top right side to PTS.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #165
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Allmightyone View Post
    See this sort of post just makes me suspicious and think the nerf bat needs to see some use...

Honestly though, it looks like these buffs went a bit far. I don't have anything specific in mind at the moment, but anticipate some changes to things to bring the DPS back down a bit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast