+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ianto Jones
  • 2 Post By lgw

Thread: Any Harbinger pvp guides?

Soulwalker

Default Any Harbinger pvp guides?

I looked alot for a guide for pvp, but the only ones that i've found are all outdated, or for pve. Are there any current level 60 Harbinger pvp guides? And if so could you link them?

Thanks
    EDIT: more specifically looking for the macros, etc, i have a talent spec.
    Last edited by Fluffykitteh; 06-18-2014 at 01:16 PM.

No, and there's a reason for that: nobody plays Harb in PvP. It's bad.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 06-18-2014 at 02:21 PM.

Rift Master

In under 60 combat, harb kinda works because so few players know to purge, cleanse etc. But at 60, more people have learned that, and purge wrecks harb damage. Well, mage damage in general, and harb arguably more so affected due to EA being purgeable while having to stay in melee range at least half the time. Not to mention, mana draining rogues are my bane, and harb has mana issues anyway. At least relative to my other mage builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Taledra View Post
    In under 60 combat, harb kinda works because so few players know to purge, cleanse etc. But at 60, more people have learned that, and purge wrecks harb damage. Well, mage damage in general, and harb arguably more so affected due to EA being purgeable while having to stay in melee range at least half the time. Not to mention, mana draining rogues are my bane, and harb has mana issues anyway. At least relative to my other mage builds.
    Purges aren't the biggest deal.

Harb's main problems are squishiness (0 mitigation outside of Emp.Asc, dodge is not effective in PVP) and a big lack of burst(Emp.Asc has 2 min CD and even in it healers just lol)
    Last edited by VolsalexR; 06-18-2014 at 02:48 PM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by VolsalexR View Post
    Purges aren't the biggest deal.

Harb's main problems are squishiness (0 mitigation outside of Emp.Asc, dodge is not effective in PVP) and a big lack of burst(Emp.Asc has 2 min CD and even in it healers just lol)
    To be fair, all mage builds are squishy. (Unsure about arbiter, haven't tried that out yet.) The lack of burst, aside from a 2min cd, is another common mage complaint, not just for harb but also pyro, and probably some other builds that escape me atm. My conclusion is that mage pvp pretty well sucks on most builds if you're solo que-ing. Now I just use other callings for that, and leave my mage to mainly PVE, and only PVP when I'm bored of it.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Taledra View Post
    To be fair, all mage builds are squishy. (Unsure about arbiter, haven't tried that out yet.) The lack of burst, aside from a 2min cd, is another common mage complaint, not just for harb but also pyro, and probably some other builds that escape me atm. My conclusion is that mage pvp pretty well sucks on most builds if you're solo que-ing. Now I just use other callings for that, and leave my mage to mainly PVE, and only PVP when I'm bored of it.
    arbiter is far from squishy, even in frosted ward. i play arbiter A LOT in pvp and have found it to actually be incredibly effective, and is most often the only spec i play when i solo queue (sometimes ill do leetmentalist/dom/pyrochon, but i generally look for group composition before i switch)

lgw
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Sad but true.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    says the pve hardcore raider who only been p90 for a few months, whines about everything, can't play any of his mage specs for beans in pvp.

@OP Harb works fine in pvp, tons of real pvpers who play it effectively, burst healers just fine with EA, and have no issues with survivability. Harb has some amazing tools for pvp. Bads will be bad and keep crying about mage's in pvp.

"wha wha i can't 2 shot people with harb it's underpowered it's not viable in pvp" " I can't roll my face on keyboard like warlord omg mage harb sucks"

"i can't slip away and apply passive snares with harb my god it sucks"

I seen good harbs from the cult, other pvp oriented players top dmg/kb, burst healers with EA with another dps just like every other melee can.

It just takes a bit more effort than the other callings melee souls. Igw guide is a good start.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 06-19-2014 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    says the pve hardcore raider who only been p90 for a few months, whines about everything, can't play any of his mage specs for beans in pvp.

@OP Harb works fine in pvp, tons of real pvpers who play it effectively, burst healers just fine with EA, and have no issues with survivability. Harb has some amazing tools for pvp. Bads will be bad and keep crying about mage's in pvp.

"wha wha i can't 2 shot people with harb it's underpowered it's not viable in pvp" " I can't roll my face on keyboard like warlord omg mage harb sucks"

"i can't slip away and apply passive snares with harb my god it sucks"

I seen good harbs from the cult, other pvp oriented players top dmg/kb, burst healers with EA with another dps just like every other melee can.

It just takes a bit more effort than the other callings melee souls. Igw guide is a good start.
    If you're not trolling then I don't even want to know what your IQ is.

Ascendant

Trunks has always been into PvP, long before you ever made your account.
    @OP Harb works fine in pvp,
    It doesn't

tons of real pvpers who play it effectively,
    What is a REAL PvP'er?
    Is that the same sort of logic that peolpe use where...someone complains that they broke their toe and have issues walking, and you come out of nowhere and shout "THERE ARE PEOLPE WHO LOST THEIR LEGS!" and thus, try to demean and relegate their issues as being small?

If it is...then its pretty bad.

If you mean real pvper as someone who only PvP's. Well.. how does that make them anymore of a PvP'er than someone who also raids? I mean...if you can both raid and PvP, how does that makes you a real PvP'er?
    Or do you mean someone who never complains about the hand they are dealt? Cauise I know you have complained in the past.

So I guess there is no such thing as a real PvP'er.

Harb is still bad in PvP btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

More work for worse output with multiple superior options. Yeah, that's called a bad spec. All of Harb's "amazing tools" are matched or beaten by Pyro. The only thing Harb is good for is playing whack-a-mole in KR: Domination with Assassins, and even then most of them are so bad that you could beat them with Pyro or Pyrochon anyway. Why would you play a melee spec that's more susceptible to CC, takes more damage, does less damage, and has less utility than your ranged specs?

I think I need to get bars put on my windows.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 06-19-2014 at 07:29 PM.

I have a lot more luck with pyro/pyrochon than harb in PvP. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it just doesn't seem to be worth the trouble, and that weapon buff/EA transform turns you into a target because people know that mages are squishy.

It does actually work well for gathering points in the second level of the church in port scion, but that's just because of how amazing harb is as a solo/aoe spec.
    Last edited by WyldStallyns; 06-19-2014 at 11:43 PM.

I play Harb in pvp cause I enjoy the playstyle. If the developers decide to buff harb that's awesome, if not oh well.

I like using full harb/7arb/8chloro

+ Reply to Thread