+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Pyromancer Update

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Shui View Post
    Internalize Charge (8 Points) Costs 50 Charge.
    Fulminate (51 Points) Consumes 60 Charge.
    I imagine Fulminate should be 50 charge since there won't be +10 max charge in soul tree anymore?
    Cast Internalize Charge.
    Cast anything.
    Cast Fulminate.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidPeace View Post
    My biggest gripe is that Pyrochon just received a pretty big nerf. Thankfully i got the IS for Archon Crystals... On that note tho, i can still see Pyrochon working, but double Lava Field will be missed.

Good for Pyromancers tho! Gotta buy more role slots in preparation for SC and Pyro~
    The Archon crystal works better for Pyrochon in the first place.

Plane Touched

RIP Pyrochon, the best turret spec in the current version of RIFT. I think SC/Ele is a better replacement than this new 61 Pyro (on top of being able to comfortably have 10-13% buffed/passive damage reduction), considering all things (SC/Ele only really needs to hardcast Icicle, Lightning Strike and channel Raging Storm). But of course, Ele will eventually get a revamp as well so I wouldn't hold my breath on it surviving either.

The only things that really bothered me were:
    1) Inferno lost its oGCD status. Why? This was one of the best improvements made for PVP.
    2) Fulminate should also be either 30s CD (with lower damage) or 60s CD (with higher damage). Right now it is still in the odd 45s space.
    3) Could we get back Fire Shield please? Unlike Burning Shield, it actually scales with gear (hp% based) and helped quite a bit being up most of the time (and was balanced with ICD).
    4) Lack of abilities that grant more than 1x Pyromancer's Fury. At least one or two should be added, since it would be like how MM/BD/Sin/Ranger have skills that grants them more than 1 combo point (but restricted by cooldown). Even a CD that adds 5 stacks (and does nothing else, available every 30-60s) would work.
    5) One other thing I could see being a thing would be a temporary anti-interrupt buff (available every 30-60s), considering how much hardcasting the new Pyro needs to do.

Plane Walker

I am worried about fillers for Pyro fury in proposed 61 pyro. The only other fire spells available would be searing vitality and ignite, but that loses 20% (!) spellpower from ideal sub spec. Possible ways around this: (a) buff the hell out of +fire damage to make ignite or SV decent dps in 61 pyro (b) add Fury stacks from other spells like Burning Shield and Internalize Charge

I am also disappoint there's not only no cooldown reduce mechanic (super fun in new SC) but cooldown reset was removed. If skills have to have weird 45 sec cooldowns give us -1 sec on each fireball or something.
    Mantissa@Greybriar • 7/8 raid tiers cleared • <Rekt>

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by kickn4fun View Post
    Cast Internalize Charge.
    Cast anything.
    Cast Fulminate.
    My point is that there's hardly any reason to block IC->FULM when it's not optimal, you should always go CB+FULM with that proc rate when you burst in pvp.
    Though it is pretty useless to think about charge before knowing what the ICD for CB proc is and if charge gains are going to change.

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    I don't like this. 2s Fireball casts and, without Aegis, the fireballs hit weaker. The other skills better be massively powerful to compensate for just the damage loss from this.

Also with the heatwave change and no more cast time on spark, you've effectively ****ed over pyrochon.
    Pretty much the idea. How many times I've heard rogues ***** and complain about Pyrochon dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Tollwutig View Post
    Fireballs will hit 64% harder when consuming stacks without using Internalized charge, this is just the base increases in damage, not calculating the extra effects of ignoring resists or what you SP will increase. You should also have a base 12% chance to critically hit with 0 Spell Crit.

The burst is going to come from cool downs and using the new Fullisade.

Kervik - any chance you make Fullisade a moving channel as well?

some more movement would be awesome.

Times change and so must we. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives. And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the Mages that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when the best class was us.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post

Tier 7
    • Heat Wave (1 Point) – Reduces Fire ability cast time by 50% for 15s. Instant. No GCD. 1m cooldown.
    • Flash Burn (1 Point) – Your Scorch now stuns the enemy for 5s. Scorch cannot stun the same target more than once every 45s.

Tier 8
    • Spark (2 Points) – Reduces the global cooldown of your Fire abilities to 1.25/1s. Reduces the mana cost of your instant Fire abilities by 15/30%.
    Come to think of it, could either Heat Wave or Flash Burn swap positions with Spark? It would let Pyrochon live on in some ways, while not getting the full benefits of the soul (you will lose out on heatwave + pyromancer's fury as far as buffs go).

Champion of Telara

So.... my initial reaction is that these changes are going to kill pyro in PvP.

They more or less remove all of the mobility from pyro. Even double flicker is gone.

They appear at first glance to trash pyro burst too.

As far as i can tell we are still going to have the lowest crit rate of any class still too.

Target switching looks like it will be worse than it currently is, particularly if countdown is on CD when it happens.

In the main mages wanted rid of the Aegis procs but can't we have extinguish back? Maybe a toggle buff that functions similar to Spiritual Coalescence in Inquisitor where fireballs become instant at a reduced damage level.

Still.... it might be that now Aegis is gone pyro-dom could mebbe make a comeback in some form. Thats about the only plus i can see at first glance.

Ascendant

OMG no more Aegis or extinguish

Awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Sword of Telara

i have high hopes for pyro now because it will be a turret dps spec again.
    this means its dps has to be increased to a lvl that surpass any range spec in game.
    to be balanced it has to be on par to melee specs or very, very close to them, because its dps will be extremly bad on movement heavy fights and all the raids are full of that.

to make pyro viable in pvp it really needs 2 things:
    - fireballs cant be interrupted
    - fireballs only need line of sight to the target at the beginning of the cast

if both isnt possible an interrupted fireball should hit the target for 60-80% of its damage automatically.
    Last edited by Xirxe; 06-10-2014 at 12:52 AM.

Champion

No more Pyro in PVP because it will be as carp as Nysyrs Rebuke on Cleric which is a no no in PVP. Warlock is bad in warfronts. Dom is for mass fights like CQ . Seems mages are destined to be a non playable calling in PVP warfronts. So exactly what is the thinking behind this awful change?

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    So.... my initial reaction is that these changes are going to kill pyro in PvP.

They more or less remove all of the mobility from pyro. Even double flicker is gone.

They appear at first glance to trash pyro burst too.

As far as i can tell we are still going to have the lowest crit rate of any class still too.

Target switching looks like it will be worse than it currently is, particularly if countdown is on CD when it happens.

In the main mages wanted rid of the Aegis procs but can't we have extinguish back? Maybe a toggle buff that functions similar to Spiritual Coalescence in Inquisitor where fireballs become instant at a reduced damage level.

Still.... it might be that now Aegis is gone pyro-dom could mebbe make a comeback in some form. Thats about the only plus i can see at first glance.
    Countdown will have no cooldown thanks to Fire Starter so you will always have it available. For burst I imagine [IC] Countdown -> Searing Bolt -> Fulminate will pack a nice punch, also taking 5 stacks of Pyromancer's Fury into a Fusillade right after will be a lot of damage in a ~4 second window.

As for critical chance and mobility don't forget the new Stormcaller. For 15 points you can pick up:
    • 10% spell power
    • 4% damage
    • 5% damage reduction
    • 4% critical chance
    • Conductive Medium
    • Ride the Wind (50% movespeed and a FOURTH break free)
    • as well as Thunder Shock which with stacks of Electrified will be a decent instant cast despite not being fire damage.

Think this is really one of those things where we will have to wait and see.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    Countdown will have no cooldown thanks to Fire Starter so you will always have it available. For burst I imagine [IC] Countdown -> Searing Bolt -> Fulminate will pack a nice punch, also taking 5 stacks of Pyromancer's Fury into a Fusillade right after will be a lot of damage in a ~4 second window.

As for critical chance and mobility don't forget the new Stormcaller. For 15 points you can pick up:
    • 10% spell power
    • 4% damage
    • 5% damage reduction
    • 4% critical chance
    • Conductive Medium
    • Ride the Wind (50% movespeed and a FOURTH break free)
    • as well as Thunder Shock which with stacks of Electrified will be a decent instant cast despite not being fire damage.

Think this is really one of those things where we will have to wait and see.
    As i said, it was a first glance reading on my phone on the way to work.

You're probably right and i can see how burst will still be around. Just looking at your example of [IC] Countdown -> Searing Bolt -> Fulminate could well be extended to include a CB proc and could also be started at the point where countdown goes off. That would add quite a chunk to its burst.

I think my only other query is do pyromancers fury and vengeance stack on the target or the mage?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast