+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Pyromancer Update

Shield of Telara

0 mobility and heat wave doesn't reset all our cool down only reduce them ? I don't like these changes at all gg

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    [*]Fulminate (51 Points) – Deals X Fire damage. Instant. 45s cooldown. Consumes 60 Charge.[*]Fusillade (61 Points) – Procs Fireball on the enemy once every 0.5s for 2.5s. Channeled. 1m cooldown.
    I really like the feel of all these changes, except for two things:

- A cooldown of 45 seconds means that it might be better off to wait 15 more seconds to line up the ability with other raid cooldowns. This feel very wrong to me. Make it 30 or 60 seconds and you no longer have that problem.
    - Fussillade should allow for movement. It's the 61 point ability, THE reason to play a soul. And if I have to cancel it because 1 second into the channel there's a void I need to dodge then I will probably just go back to Warlock again. Please don't do this to me. The mobility doesn't seem that great to begin with, don't make me cancel my frigging ultimate as well!
    Last edited by SpectralDerp; 06-09-2014 at 02:21 PM.

Plane Walker

I'd like to see heatwave do a flat dmg increase instead of cast time reduction. I mean essentially heatwave is going to effect fireball and that's about it. And since you wouldn't want to just spam fireball due to pyro aegis... it seems like a very very weak cooldown. Then again I guess we will have to see just how hard fireball hits.

Shield of Telara

With these changes pyro wont be useful for pvp anymore . 0 mobility and very slow to cast fireball. Also not we lose extinguish very bad idea
    Last edited by elfaraon; 06-09-2014 at 02:29 PM.

Champion

So now pyro becomes hobbled in movement. PVP seems a secondary thought. It is a fun spec to play but the fun no longer counts it seems. Does the dev actually play PVP? Backdraft is very useful but hey if it ain't broke ..break it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Are you all unaware that Fireball's damage was nerfed five times because of Pyromancer's Aegis and Pyro/Harb? Of course the base damage is not going to be the same. Or rather, the damage of a pre-patch Fireball will not be the same as a post-patch one.

Not entirely true. In 1.5-1.7 Ground of Strength was worthless aside from camping WFS flags and 51 Pyro was still extremely potent (redball was nerfed by then too), comfortably the highest burst in the game. It's true, if you take Ride the Wind you can't get Ignite; but you can get Ignite and Flowing Sands (this was the old 51 Pyro spec, too). Or, you can just use Searing Vitality from Archon while you kite for Cinder procs. There's also Countdown -> Searing Bolt now, and of course Wildfire, Flame Volley, and Fulminate.

Mages are already extremely team-reliant. This does not change the status quo on that front, it's true. The reason our DPS specs are so team-reliant, though, is because we can't really kill anything on our own -- we require others to focus fire with us. So yeah we can bunny-hop around pewpewing Extinguish Fireballs, but what's the point? They suck. 2s cast times will hit very hard by design. The removal of Heat Wave's CD reset lets our big-hitters have their damage adjusted upward without fear of creating the Double-Fulm/Double-Fus scenario that is borderline OP in the current iteration of 61 Pyro. Our bursts will be more frequent, more powerful, and more reliable, and our sustained DPS will improve to keep pressure up between bursts.

And yeah, if a melee gets in your face you're gonna have a bad day. But with Warlord pulls nerfed back to 20m, a likely forthcoming nerf to Debilitating Poison, a defensive CD on Heat Wave, and Arbiter, that's not quite as big of a problem as it once was. Also it's worth pointing out: yes, we lose Backdraft. But Scorch now has a stun component. It has a 10 second CD (45s ICD per target). When a 'sin pops on you, Scorch will be up.
    Dom and SC are already group reliant. Pyro was a strong solo pvp spec. The proposed changes will take that away.

What will fill that role? If the answer is nothing then there is no reason for me to contine to dps on my mage. It takes away what I enjoyed most about the soul.
    Illusive - EQ - retired, Illu - EQ2 - retired
    Illusive - Vanguard SoH - retired
    Illusive - AoC - retired
    Illusive - WoW - retired
    IllusiveEQ - Rift - current

RIFT Guide Writer

"Hey, we are mages we want a turrret spec!!! Give it to us!! I didnt roll a mage to play melee!!111"

Pyro gets changed.

"WHAT THE **** YOU TOOK AWAY OUR MOBiLITY?!? THATS NOT FAIR!!!!"

On a more serious note the changes look ok, i agree that Fusillade should be a channel (or whatever you can cast on the move) and i still have to test it but on paper it looks ok.
    Last edited by paschl; 06-09-2014 at 02:34 PM.
    killings - Mage - Apotheosys - Typhiria

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by IllusiveEQ View Post
    Dom and SC are already group reliant. Pyro was a strong solo pvp spec. The proposed changes will take that away.

What will fill that role? If the answer is nothing then there is no reason for me to contine to dps on my mage. It takes away what I enjoyed most about the soul.
    The answer is a reworked harb, which IMO should of been done before pyro or sc.... But hey what do i know.

lgw

#RIP PVPyroChon
    One of the two actually enjoyable and truly mage specs this game every saw for PVP. (SC/Dom in vanilla before both got gutted was the other.) Oh well...
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

if these changes are going through fiicker needs a buff. 15m is absolutely meaningless.

warrior warlord pulls 8s cd 20m
    rogues sin charge 8s cd 30m on top of their perma snare

15m 20s cd that you cant even reset and now we're back to hardcasting again?

kiting for mage is impossible. now we're gonna be more susceptible to debilitates because the enemy has more time to stop our cast.

this looks horrible for pvp basically bringing back something that was horrible for mages into a metagame thats even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by paschl View Post
    "Hey, we are mages we want a turrret spec!!! Give it to us!! I didnt roll a mage to play melee!!111"

Pyro gets changed.

This forum is like a case study in the failings of democracy.

Ascendant

Here's what I would like to know:

1. Where do you see new Pyro in PvP / PvE? (more of a ranged ST dps or utility? maybe a mix of both?)
    2. What kind of utility changes do you plan to do to help new Pyro fulfil that role?
    3. What kind of weakness are you going to use to balance new Pyro between other ranged spec?
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Plane Walker

Pyro gets changed.

On a more serious note the changes look ok, i agree that Fusillade should be a channel (or whatever you can cast on the move) and i still have to test it but on paper it looks ok.
    Ill cosign fusillade as a channel if nysyrs gets the same love.

Pyro gets changed.

I have always said that mobility is more important and turret specs dont work. I have only see on other poster vocally ask for turret specs and they will be getting their wish.
    Illusive - EQ - retired, Illu - EQ2 - retired
    Illusive - Vanguard SoH - retired
    Illusive - AoC - retired
    Illusive - WoW - retired
    IllusiveEQ - Rift - current

Shield of Telara

Pyro was in need of a huge dps burst I don't know if these changes will bring pyro back to be a competitive pve dps souls again but what I know is that pyro wont be usefull at all in pvp anymore while you cast a fireball any assassin will kill you even before you finish to cast your first fireball so this change will be the end of pyro to pvp with no extinguish and heat wave being useless

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast