+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 515
Like Tree133Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Pyromancer Update

  1. #181
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    Please god not a pet spec ><

    Is the SC/ele build reliant on the pet for its dps or does it function without it?

    I'd still just rather have an insta-fireball toggle. stick it in at 58 points in the root, put backdraft back in at 40 points or so and we're sorted.
    Nah, the pet is really there more for the utility (water elemental):
    purge
    silence
    extra snare

    It is significantly weaker than a pure ele/necro build anyway, I wouldn't worry about the pet damage too much.

  2. #182
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xallista View Post
    Nah, the pet is really there more for the utility (water elemental):
    purge
    silence
    extra snare

    It is significantly weaker than a pure ele/necro build anyway, I wouldn't worry about the pet damage too much.
    30k in live gear is not something an ele/necro build can do though.
    Or am I remembering the parses incorrectly?
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

  3. #183
    RIFT Guide Writer Allmightyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    30k in live gear is not something an ele/necro build can do though.
    Or am I remembering the parses incorrectly?
    You are. It was 31k in test gear.

  4. #184
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    30k in live gear is not something an ele/necro build can do though.
    Or am I remembering the parses incorrectly?
    I was talking about the pet damage, not spec damage. I do realize it wasn't very obvious, but still.

  5. #185
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xallista View Post
    I was talking about the pet damage, not spec damage. I do realize it wasn't very obvious, but still.
    There is no but still.

    I SHALL STRANGLE THEE!

    With cookies.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

  6. #186
    Rift Disciple ItzCrooK2UxD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    194

    Default

    So before I go on to say how much I think these changes suck for us PvPers who rely on pyro for its mobility, range, ST burst and double flickers to counter "nerfed" (LOL) 20m pulls, what will we have that gives us what 61 pyro did?
    Arrass@Derpwood
    Harass@DeepWood

  7. #187
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2

    Default :weird::mefiant15:

    So basically someone think rebuilding entirely the almost only working spec on mage-pvp is the good way to please mage players ?.

    I dont even understand the point, is pyro not working ?.
    Is pyro so overpowered than we need a nerf on it ?.
    Is not pyro too much mobile to be hit and killed in a few sec by at least by 3 classes/4 spec ?.
    Last edited by jamahila; 06-11-2014 at 09:27 AM.

  8. #188
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamahila View Post
    So basically someone think rebuilding entirely the almost only working spec on mage-pvp is the good way to please mage players ?.

    I dont even understand the point, is pyro not working ?.
    Is pyro so overpowered than we need a nerf on it ?.
    Is not pyro too much mobile to be hit and killed in a few sec by at least by 3 classes/4 spec ?.
    Pyro is not working in PvE making mages who Raid get to choose between being a Chloro (great we can use 2 at most), Pyrochon (1), Arbiter if you've got it and want to tank, or Warlock for DPS Other classes are easily out DPSing mages in most raid tiers. The changes to Pyro are fixing the big raiding issues, (target switching, sustained dps, wonky rotation that depended on RNG).

    Given this isn't even on the PTS for a couple of weeks and Kervik pretty much blatantly said these can't go live until 2.8 due to changes coming down the pipes with that, its very possible people are getting their PvP panties in a wad without knowing the full picture.

    Also from the looks of it PvP may start using some SC\Arb hybrids since SC will be updated prior to the Pyro changes going live.

  9. #189
    Plane Walker Alastair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    429

    Default

    relax 61 pyro is getting better

  10. #190
    Rift Disciple ItzCrooK2UxD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tollwutig View Post
    Pyro is not working in PvE making mages who Raid get to choose between being a Chloro (great we can use 2 at most), Pyrochon (1), Arbiter if you've got it and want to tank, or Warlock for DPS Other classes are easily out DPSing mages in most raid tiers. The changes to Pyro are fixing the big raiding issues, (target switching, sustained dps, wonky rotation that depended on RNG).

    Given this isn't even on the PTS for a couple of weeks and Kervik pretty much blatantly said these can't go live until 2.8 due to changes coming down the pipes with that, its very possible people are getting their PvP panties in a wad without knowing the full picture.

    Also from the looks of it PvP may start using some SC\Arb hybrids since SC will be updated prior to the Pyro changes going live.
    Well it sounds well and good for raiders but I think you completely missed that for PvP Pyro is our ONLY viable ST DPS. I would think we can all agree that other souls should be "fixed" before completely changing one of the very few that actually works for PvP.
    Arrass@Derpwood
    Harass@DeepWood

  11. #191
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ItzCrooK2UxD View Post
    Well it sounds well and good for raiders but I think you completely missed that for PvP Pyro is our ONLY viable ST DPS. I would think we can all agree that other souls should be "fixed" before completely changing one of the very few that actually works for PvP.
    Again, you know not what changes Kervik is meaning are coming with 2.8 which must happen prior to this going live. Also read the SC update thread, it appears there are come viable SC hybrids coming in well before this goes live. Pyro probably will not be the "only" viable spec in PvP before this goes live.

    The complaints on Pyro were : Sustained DPS, Target swapping due to combust, and the Aegis mechanic. These were fixed in the rebuild.

    I'm personally happy to see how it does on PTS and live before screaming my head off it is going to kill the soul.
    Last edited by Tollwutig; 06-11-2014 at 10:04 AM. Reason: grammar\spelling

  12. #192
    Rift Chaser VolsalexR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tollwutig View Post
    Again, you know not what changes Kervik is meaning are coming with 2.8 which must happen prior to this going live. Also read the SC update thread, it appears there are come viable SC hybrids coming in well before this goes live. Pyro probably will not be the "only" viable spec in PvP before this goes live.

    The complaints on Pyro were : Sustained DPS, Target swapping due to combust, and the Aegis mechanic. These were fixed in the rebuild.

    I'm personally happy to see how it does on PTS and live before screaming my head off it is going to kill the soul.
    Even if SC/Ele will replace Pyrochon as our turret spec (no buffs, no purges, no LF/FP,...), we don't have a replacement for current 61 Pyro - mobile ranged spec with nice burst.
    As I've said, I'll keep most of my impressions to a PTS test, but from what I see now, this spec is very bad for PVP. It is even worse than Pyro 2.0-2.2, which at least had some instant Fireballs, CD reset and Fusillade not a channel. (and even then most people switched to Pyrodom, what will happen now?)

    There should be a way, a compromise that makes both PVP and PVE players satisfied. One variant is a toogle that makes Fireball instant and reduces its damage to ~40-45% of base (so it is a dps loss and raiders will still untoggle and hard-cast it), or a spammable instant Fire spell with the same damage value than can proc CB/Wildfire. This way it won't hurt damage from Fusillade or HW burst (also make HW add a stack of Pyromancer's Fury and prevent Fireball from consuming it, similar to Oracle's Battle Fury).
    Last edited by VolsalexR; 06-11-2014 at 10:43 AM.

  13. #193
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EverydayAnomaly View Post
    The only reason you would run Pyrochon in a WF is for the following:

    1. Cleansing
    2. Purging (best kept secret of any soul)
    3. Keeping Auras up on team mates

    if you are using Pyrochon for DPS (damage) then you will fall short of 61 Pyro every time.
    Well your hyperbole was already farcical but at least you gave me a good laugh with this.

  14. #194
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Well your hyperbole was already farcical but at least you gave me a good laugh with this.
    Its no wonder why I get to use Pyrochon so often in WFs - people don't even know how to burst on a 3-button spec. Seriously.

  15. #195
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamahila View Post
    So basically someone think rebuilding entirely the almost only working spec on mage-pvp is the good way to please mage players ?.
    People care a lot more about PvE than they do about PvP. Warlock, Pyromancer, Nekromancer and Elementalist are supposed to be single target range dps souls. Warlock is good, the other 3 are pretty much unplayable. Out of these 3 souls, the one people want to play the most is Pyromancer, because they like the idea of a mage annihiliting enemies with balls of fire. So Pyro is getting an overhaul. Not really all that difficult to understand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts