+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Pyromancer Update

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    It works pretty well, it just needs a bit more survivability. The fact that is it fairly poor in PvE is a good thing since it can be tinkered with without affecting raiders. 51 pyro was terrible in PvE before SL too.
    51pyro preSL was actually good ,if it was played correct ofc,had great burst on start which made 36/30 a bit difficult to catch it at the end.
    Maniaq@Greybriar

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    The range of Warlord pulls was already nerfed, as was Paralord's double-sprint. Melee got hit harder by the debilitate change as well because the game had more silences than disarms. Debilitating Poison is already on the chopping block.

I will never concede that when conditions become nonconducive to a defining gameplay style that the proper course is to eliminate that gameplay entirely. The proper response then was nerfs, as it is now. Thankfully the devs have escaped the "always buff, never nerf" trap.
    Where do you even get your information from? The only thing I ever seen Vladd post about rogues poisons/buffs is some day down the road making their damage less reliant on them. Where do you see devs say they are nerfing debilitating poision?

Not like sins need the passive snare, and that's the only thing that was added to it. I can spec into 12 bd and have a sprint+charge+ interrupt, Turret style mages won't stand a chance vs well geared melee dps.

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    Turret style mages won't stand a chance vs well geared melee dps.
    We know that is your view Screamo..and you like to repeat it "alot"

Bringing back the turret style Pyro spec will hopefully allow for a lot more synergy with souls..so bringing back a pyro-dom pyrolock etc type spec will come of this.

Turret Pyro was by far the most feared dps spec despite the lack of mobility. While the game has changed with respects to melee have a lot more ranged abilities, you can tweak mage in other ways such as increased hp/active defense abilities (which hopefully will be added to Kervik's list)

However, I don't think his Kervik;s current list of abilities and modifications will bring viability to the presented 61 turret Pyro.

Changes to the presented spec are needed

- Increasing mobility
    -Active defense ability or self heal
    -Bring mage hp more inline with other classes

It has a chance to be more fun and viable with a couple of tweaks..I don't think the sweeping Pyro changes that came with SL were needed in order to make the class viable at all..

I will make an actual suggestion post later
    Last edited by Division; 06-10-2014 at 07:15 PM.

Shield of Telara

Spoiler!

Ascendant

Extinguish staying would go well with the current changes as it would be a pretty significant burst ability as well as allowing some mobility when it is needed.

Mobility cannot be ignored in the current PvP environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    I really don't think that turret specs will work as well as they did before SL because the effectiveness of kiting has pretty much disappeared.

- Nearly all gap closers either have a higher range than Flicker, a lower cool down or more commonly, they have both.
    - Pulls were practically non-existent before SL and still have the same range as flicker.
    - Nearly all melee specs can still attack from range with >50% of their DPS (even full dps for some) while they wait for their gap closers to come off CD. This didn't happen in vanilla rift.

I think some of you are forgetting how much easier melee has become.
    It's worth stating that this is a preliminary set of changes two weeks before this is even going to hit PTS, and won't be live until 2.8. People are freaking the **** out for no reason. Literally everything people complained about and asked for in the Stormcaller overhaul was addressed (which a lot of the same people declared "worthless" before they even got to play it as well).

And everyone complaining is ignoring the implications of the SC and Pyro changes on Harbinger, too.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    It's worth stating that this is a preliminary set of changes two weeks before this is even going to hit PTS, and won't be live until 2.8. People are freaking the **** out for no reason. Literally everything people complained about and asked for in the Stormcaller overhaul was addressed (which a lot of the same people declared "worthless" before they even got to play it as well).

And everyone complaining is ignoring the implications of the SC and Pyro changes on Harbinger, too.
    I'm not freaking out, I'm trying to explain how vulnerable a turret spec is at the moment.

By the way, I'd much rather see the return of turret specs and see the issues with melee addressed. That is a much larger problem that would be better off being resolved in the next expansion though.

Why does melee need to be 5% greater than ranged when they can still DPS at range and gap close whenever they feel like it? Before Storm Legion, melee players had very limited DPS at range.

Yeah well, have you ever tried to suggest in this forum that Phantom Blades be nerfed? People want to have their cake and eat it, too.

RIFT Guide Writer

I will gladly give other classes harbinger to have strong range options.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    Seconded....

I'm just happy my entire PvE arsenal is changing. Playing Warlock all the time was getting old.

Ascendant

Tbh Warlock might get a nerf to ST just so Pyro can become new competitive ST soul in PvE. Anyway, if it will become on par with Tempest in PvE then there will be some pvp nerfs needed as it will most likely make casuals complain like the pre-nerf Tempest did.

Ranged spec with the dmg of melee is a big NO and people should already get used to it. This will also cause a lot of problems the more ranged specs you have as focus fire will blow even those semi-tanky specs right away.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    indeed i would also

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    Ranged spec with the dmg of melee is a big NO and people should already get used to it.
    Not to get too off topic..

Looking at dummy dps without movement for a turret based spec is a bit ridiculous. It is harder to play imo to maintain good dps as needing to move is often a large hit to overall dps. It kind of is a silly concept with the amount of gap closers and range abilities there is for melee to use said paradigm.

Quote Originally Posted by Allmightyone View Post
    Playing Warlock all the time was getting old.
    100% agree.
    Illusive - EQ - retired, Illu - EQ2 - retired
    Illusive - Vanguard SoH - retired
    Illusive - AoC - retired
    Illusive - WoW - retired
    IllusiveEQ - Rift - current

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast