+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Idea for Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Xirxe View Post
    warlock isnt too strong in st damage, it just feels strong because our other souls are not up to date.

what we need are more options, we miss a tempest like soul with huge burst capability, being highly mobile and good at target switching. pyro could take this role, atm its only useful in pvp.

another thing we miss is a pvp soul, like warlord.
    having 1 pet soul is enough, so ele could be changed into a pvp soul.
    instead of pets we get stances:
    - earth stance for mitigation and low dps
    - air for movement
    - fire for high dps, low mitigation etc..
    you could switch between stances when needed.
    This seems like an interesting idea.

Rift Disciple

Isn't our premier burst soul Harb? And Warlock needs two simple changes to be our premier jack-of-all-target-types:
    1. The oft-suggested change than Salvage Corruption automatically is used when an enemy goes immune or dies; ESPECIALLY the former.
    2. SC now lasts 2 minutes.

Simple and yet perfect change. You still get respectable ST, you got AoE on 8 targets, you can target switch like a freakin' boss. Freakin Egg Tenders...

Imo: Pyro should be our ST DPS, Harb our burst-maintain hybrid, Warlock our all-around(except burst) and SC AoE.

I do so like the Elementalist suggestion, however! That would make Necro our pet/f2p solo soul, Ele our PvP, Arb our tank, Domi our AoE/Mez hybrid, Archon for support. Unique usages for every soul.

Trion, you know how much money you'd get from players buying Role sloooooooots :3

Ascendant

Warlock really dont need buff at current state its like the pre-nerf rift blade for mages cept with less burst great sustained, more ST, more AoE, godlike dual/triple dotting, double interrupt/utilities, one of the best defensive cd available to a pure dps soul and can even choose to spec purge.

Instead of wasting time and brainstorming on making the most powerful ST ranged spec ingame that also cleaves like a champ even better (trust me warlock isnt getting buffed anytime soon)...... fix pyro/ele/harb...

Rift Chaser

I agree that Warlock doesn't need a buff. But I'd love to see an auto-salvage against immune enemies, maybe give Void Barrage a debuff that achieves this?
    Auto salvage on death seems like it might be too much (Radiate Death would give you too many stacks) and not that hard to do manually but immunity is a *****. Also, increasing the duration would again be nice but not necessary and I think 45 seconds would also be fine.

Already made this suggestion twice in earlier threads:
    As long as DD is on the target, salvage corruption is applied automaticaly upon its death.

i am completely against buffing warlock with this pestilence-idea and single target output is already very high.
    The only buff warlock might need is dual/ triple target dot management to be easef up a little.

Telaran

From what I have read (and seen) about warlock it is one of the best souls for PVE DPS in the game, in fact Mages seem to have it pretty sweet with Support, Heal, a functional premier DPS soul, a soul that would work if melee wasn't so punishing for it and two trash dps souls.

The only improvements I can think of reasonably would be Death's Door to Salvage your dots if the Target dies while Death's Door is on the target as this would help massively in PvP or Death's Door being taken off the global CD so that you gain a couple of GCDs in the duration of a fight. Not sure if both should be implemented at the same time as that could make warlock win harder at the upper skill level end (though it would raise the average joe's like me which is usually the goal of a QoL)

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Logosloki View Post
    From what I have read (and seen) about warlock it is one of the best souls for PVE DPS in the game, in fact Mages seem to have it pretty sweet with Support, Heal, a functional premier DPS soul, a soul that would work if melee wasn't so punishing for it and two trash dps souls.

The only improvements I can think of reasonably would be Death's Door to Salvage your dots if the Target dies while Death's Door is on the target as this would help massively in PvP or Death's Door being taken off the global CD so that you gain a couple of GCDs in the duration of a fight. Not sure if both should be implemented at the same time as that could make warlock win harder at the upper skill level end (though it would raise the average joe's like me which is usually the goal of a QoL)
    i think we dont need to argue about how good warlock is at st range dps. the problem is its our only good range spec atm and it does not well on some fights.
    fights where you need big bursts, where you have to target swap alot (with fast dieing mobs) or fights where mobs go immune. its not about giving warlock a buff, its just to make it usable on those fights.

therefore an auto salvage corruption when mobs die or go immune would help greatly without giving warlock a dps increase. a longer salvage corruption (1 min) would help in experts. when ppl are slacking you loose your dots easily which is quite a dps loss on the short fights.
    all in all its about QoL and not about dps here.
    Last edited by Xirxe; 06-06-2014 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastair View Post
    deathly pall - removed
    salvage corruption - removed

new 61pt ability: pestilence: - applies all known dots to the target. no cd.
    void barrage becomes 54pt ability
    pestilence: replaces life leech. deals x death damage and applies all known death dots to the target. 1.5s CAST TIME

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Alastair View Post
    pestilence: replaces life leech. deals x death damage and applies all known death dots to the target. 1.5s CAST TIME
    i like your radical ideas.
    but dont forget lingering pain. if you keep it, your dots will be refreshed constantly by void bolts. if you remove it, you will kill pyro subspecs.

since it has cast time now it wouldnt be a st dps gain, just on very short fights where warlock isnt that good anyway. i think the main problem would be the cleave and the changes to pvp. all dots in 1 cast, even deaths door...i can see wfs full of warlocks already...

that is a very good idea. I really enjoy it

I would love to see Warlock better in PVP. Make it harder to cleanse dots or make sure all warlocks have a chance to give back damage of some sort or silence with all dots that are cleansed. Or maybe have an ability that helps spread all dots once we load up a player with a full barrage of them making them ooze the dots passing dots to all around them. Idk there are many things that could be done to tweak the warlock to help it in PVP. We definately need to survive longer, have a dps increase, and make our dots harder to cleanse to make the lock on par with other classes in PVP. I hope the developers will think about some changes that will help the lock.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xirxe View Post
    i think we dont need to argue about how good warlock is at st range dps. the problem is its our only good range spec atm and it does not well on some fights.
    fights where you need big bursts, where you have to target swap alot (with fast dieing mobs) or fights where mobs go immune. its not about giving warlock a buff, its just to make it usable on those fights.

therefore an auto salvage corruption when mobs die or go immune would help greatly without giving warlock a dps increase. a longer salvage corruption (1 min) would help in experts. when ppl are slacking you loose your dots easily which is quite a dps loss on the short fights.
    all in all its about QoL and not about dps here.
    You have multiple role slots, warlock shouldn't be the go to spec for those fights. Right now it's the go to dps spec for everything, which is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by jackhammerr View Post
    Make it harder to cleanse dots or make sure all warlocks have a chance to give back damage of some sort or silence with all dots that are cleansed.
    Neddra's Torture

Or maybe have an ability that helps spread all dots once we load up a player with a full barrage of them making them ooze the dots passing dots to all around them.
    Radiate Death

Idk there are many things that could be done to tweak the warlock to help it in PVP. We definately need to survive longer,
    Neddra's Essence + Mortality

have a dps increase,
    Empowered Darkness + Conflux

If you're worrying about getting your dots cleansed, you can always use 7 pt dominator for a 9-stack cleanse buffer. If Radiate Death also affected Voltaic, that would be awesome. The only thing warlock really needs in the current pvp setting is more mobility without having to spend 11 points in pyromancer.
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 06-17-2014 at 06:08 PM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Warlock is always going to suck in PvP. It's like people complaining that Justicar isn't useful in PvP, the soul is just not conducive to that game environment. If you're that enamoured with death damage play Necro or Dom. As it is it's the only functional PvE DPS soul we have, so I think there are higher priorities than remaking the entire PvP combat paradigm just so Warlock can be used by a handful of people that have a DOT fetish.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    If you're worrying about getting your dots cleansed, you can always use 7 pt dominator for a 9-stack cleanse buffer. If Radiate Death also affected Voltaic, that would be awesome. The only thing warlock really needs in the current pvp setting is more mobility without having to spend 11 points in pyromancer.
    Voltaic Feedback is one cleanse, not 9. There's always Forked Lightning, and Radiate Death does work on Electrify!

...until Electrify goes away.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 06-17-2014 at 06:28 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2